LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-15-2008, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
I just played guitar hero for the first time - I loved it so much. Its such a fun game.

Also - I played little big planet. It sucks hard. Im so glad i got another 360 instead of another PS3.

Fair enough. I personally find the fun in Guitar Hero limited. I prefer dancing games instead.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-15-2008, 01:44 AM

Quote:
I dont know if you had played it with anyone or by yourself - I havent played it by myself. It wouldnt be as fun tho.

Me and 2 mates all played it for the first time (Not against each other) we just took turns, iand it was really good fun.

It gets ridiculously hard tho.

We all had a go at dragonforce on expert and all got boo'ed of stage within 5 seconds haha.

EDIT: i wana try rockband tho - The drums look fun.
It is fun with friends. But by yourself, the fun is very limited.

Although, I recommend getting drunk with friends and playing it then. The fun is immense.

Rock band is great, but seriously, 80 pounds? I'll get myself a practice drum kit, and a drum lesson with that money.

(#13 (permalink))
Old
RoninDistance (Offline)
Dreaming of the Osaka Sun

12-15-2008, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Tho the PS3 had horrible screen tearing which was always really annoying.
What exactly is this screen tearing you speak of? The only reason I'm even considering a PS3 over the Xbox 360 is because I thought it didn't have as many problems as Microsoft's console (plus the Blu-ray, of course ). BTW, has the "red ring of death" issue finally been resolved?
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-15-2008, 02:03 AM

Quote:
LOL, of course we were drinking.

Haha. The fun thing with Guitar hero, is how you can improvise to make it harder for you.

I watched my friends kick each other while playing, drunk.
I saw them hanging upside down form a couch while drunk, playing. It was quite hilarious.

(#15 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-15-2008, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninDistance View Post
What exactly is this screen tearing you speak of? The only reason I'm even considering a PS3 over the Xbox 360 is because I thought it didn't have as many problems as Microsoft's console (plus the Blu-ray, of course ). BTW, has the "red ring of death" issue finally been resolved?
It is resolved. I still prefer XBOX over PS3. PS3 is just too expensive and the only difference they have is blu ray and free online gaming other than that, they mostly have the same games.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-15-2008, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superheel View Post
It is resolved. I still prefer XBOX over PS3. PS3 is just too expensive and the only difference they have is blu ray and free online gaming other than that, they mostly have the same games.
If I'm not mistaken, to play DVDs, you also need to buy a different sort of hardware for the Xbox which costs around 50-100 pounds. And to be honest, if it's true, (Which is what my friends told me who all got Xboxs), then it roughly comes to about the same price.

(#17 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-15-2008, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
If I'm not mistaken, to play DVDs, you also need to buy a different sort of hardware for the Xbox which costs around 50-100 pounds. And to be honest, if it's true, (Which is what my friends told me who all got Xboxs), then it roughly comes to about the same price.
Well, I was talking about the XBOX 360, my bad. Anyhow, yes, you still need some sort of stuff to play DVDs, IF we are talking about the original XBOX. But for 360, it can play DVD without needing any hardware.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Slykaz1 (Offline)
Tengoku!

Send a message via MSN to Slykaz1 Send a message via Yahoo to Slykaz1
12-15-2008, 02:00 PM

We're thinking of getting live for our console....yet....I'm curious....can it, like a comp get virused?

And....is it recommendable to download games off of it?....my kids want to get halo recon....tiz why I ask.

Property of Eiri & Pexster
Virtual Boyfriend...Hyakushi in *Indian suit*

Eiri - 41 : Rojjin -43 : Sly - 121 : Yuna7780 - 57 : reihino - 14 : Crani - 22 : Ramones1976 - 0 : AnimeBaby112 - 3 : Arikado - 1 : KikiBunny23 - 3 : Pexter -0
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-15-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superheel View Post
Well, I was talking about the XBOX 360, my bad. Anyhow, yes, you still need some sort of stuff to play DVDs, IF we are talking about the original XBOX. But for 360, it can play DVD without needing any hardware.

I meant the HDDVD. My bad. But it still stands.

If you get the HD DvD add on, you pay the same price for the Xbox than if you had bought a PS3.

So, technically, they're the same price.

(#20 (permalink))
Old
Almazing1000 (Offline)
虚栄心、完全に私

Send a message via AIM to Almazing1000
12-15-2008, 11:32 PM

I've had my 360 for over a year and I think it's the best. I downloaded The original fable and Ninja Gaiden on my hard drive, and I bought the sequel to both games. Ninja Gaiden 2 was great graphics and is a great challenge, Fable 2 is crazy fun and I played it for hours and hours. However Fallout 3 is the first game that gave me the same feeling I had when I first played Zelda Ocarina of Time.