LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
FreddyLea (Offline)
JF Regular

12-16-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Wii can't be put in the same category as XBox 360 or PS3... it has worse graphics, performance and everything, it's just cheaper, that's what makes it sell.
wii sells because it is cheaper, and has a unique input for controlling in the game ... the input method is what makes it sell more then the price.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Crani (Offline)
Sillyassauros

Send a message via MSN to Crani
12-16-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
I thought XBox 360 had better video card but a worse cpu... or that's what I read in the video card specifications
I'm not sure, but I guess it's the other way around, the Xbox 360 as worse graphics then the PS3 but a better CPU, thats the reason why Splinter Cell: Convection isn't coming out on the PS3.

Natural Born Headbanger
\m/

TAG Game
Score: Crani:51

Last edited by Crani : 12-16-2008 at 09:03 PM.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
FreddyLea (Offline)
JF Regular

12-16-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post

Other than that - PC is better than any of the gaming consoles in all of the aspects except for one: there are less and less games being released for this platform and most of them, unfortunately, are multi-platform, which do not fully use all of the power PC has to offer and are often poorly ported.
/cheer!

i still prefer my PC over everything else when it comes to games ... i got rid of my ps3, and eventually picked up a Wii .. just for the 'simple' family games that it has...
(#14 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
12-16-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
I actually meant the same as that >.> I know folding@home... CPU of PS3 pwns, but I read 360's video card is slightly better.
The 360 uses "500 MHz ATI Xenos" and the PS3 uses "550 MHz NVIDIA/SCEI RSX 'Reality Synthesizer'... in terms of numbers the PS3 wins....lol But I honestly don't claim to know that much about graphics chips, maybe someone like Ex could fill us in....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyLea View Post
wii sells because it is cheaper, and has a unique input for controlling in the game ... the input method is what makes it sell more then the price.
Price isn't the only reason, Brawl is a good game, so is Mario Kart...
However I do have some friends who got a Wii because they can't afford the PS3 or a 360...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crani View Post
It's the other way around, the Xbox 360 as worse graphics then the PS3 but a better CPU, thats the reason why Splinter Cell: Convection isn't coming out in the PS3.
360 uses the "3.2 GHz PowerPC Tri-Core Xenon" CPU and the PS3 boasts the "3.2 GHz Cell Broadband Engine with 1 PPE & 7 SPEs" CPU...
once again, I'm not very educated in this department....

*source for all processors and graphics chips are from the wiki articles.
PlayStation 3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Xbox 360 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.

Last edited by XjapanFOREVER : 12-16-2008 at 09:01 PM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
FreddyLea (Offline)
JF Regular

12-16-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XjapanFOREVER View Post
Price isn't the only reason, Brawl is a good game, so is Mario Kart...
However I do have some friends who got a Wii because they can't afford the PS3 or a 360...
i traded my ps3 in on a Wii ... mostly from game selection .. only game i was interested in on the ps3 was the new GT when it comes out ...
(#16 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-16-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
It's the other way around, the Xbox 360 as worse graphics then the PS3 but a better CPU, thats the reason why Splinter Cell: Convection isn't coming out in the PS3.
No, I'm pretty sure that PS3 has a lot better CPU than XBox 360, but it's hard to program in it. Performance-wise it's better, it just takes a lot more to make a game with that CPU. EA developers sent a big complain once to PS3.

Quote:
The 360 uses "500 MHz ATI Xenos" and the PS3 uses "550 MHz NVIDIA/SCEI RSX 'Reality Synthesizer'... in terms of numbers the PS3 wins....lol But I honestly don't claim to know that much about graphics chips, maybe someone like Ex could fill us in....
Yeah, but isn't XBox 360 - 512MB and PS3 - 256MB?

AGAIN: Do not discuss which CPU is better. All gaming developers have already stated PS3 has a better one but it's more complicated.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

12-16-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
AGAIN: Do not discuss which CPU is better. All gaming developers have already stated PS3 has a better one but it's more complicated.
Didn't you JUST say that you thought the 360 has the better processor?

anyways, as stated in wal-mart training "The Cell Processor is essentially as powerful as 3 Xbox 360's or 35 PlayStation 2 CPU's”
PS3’s Cell three times more powerful as the Xbox 360 processor? - VideoGamesBlogger

Quote:
I'm not sure, but I guess it's the other way around, the Xbox 360 as worse graphics then the PS3 but a better CPU, thats the reason why Splinter Cell: Convection isn't coming out on the PS3.
wrong, any game that's possible on the 360 is more than possible on the PS3.

but anyways, let's try to keep this mature...

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-16-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XjapanFOREVER View Post
Didn't you JUST say that you thought the 360 has the better processor?

anyways, as stated in wal-mart training "The Cell Processor is essentially as powerful as 3 Xbox 360's or 35 PlayStation 2 CPU's”
PS3’s Cell three times more powerful as the Xbox 360 processor? - VideoGamesBlogger
Nope, capability-wise I said PS3 is better, to program with it, it's a lot complicated...

no I didn't say it's worse
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

12-16-2008, 09:17 PM

Omg this has been discussed a billion times~ The Wii is my favourite but I love them all.

And a cheap plug for my video!

(#20 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

12-16-2008, 09:17 PM

If you say so.....
Quote:
I thought XBox 360 had better video card but a worse cpu... or that's what I read in the video card specifications
anyways, here's something funny..

Microsoft advertising PS3....
Microsoft advertise PlayStation: PS3 Rules - PS3 Daily