JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
NinjaKazama (Offline)
Live Long & Prosper

Send a message via AIM to NinjaKazama
PS3 v.s Xbox 360 v.s Wii - 12-16-2008, 07:42 PM

Heyyy what do u think is the best Video Game system out there right now?? In my opinion I think PS3 is the best Gaming system out right now,,then it's the Wii then Xbox 360 The Ps3 has many attributes that the xbox 360 and wii don't have....
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Crani (Offline)
Sillyassauros

Send a message via MSN to Crani
12-16-2008, 07:43 PM

First off, wrong section.
And second, this topic should be closed since it is very flammable.

Natural Born Headbanger
\m/

TAG Game
Score: Crani:51
(#3 (permalink))
Old
FreddyLea (Offline)
JF Regular

12-16-2008, 08:29 PM

ps3 is overpriced ... there is a reason why its sales are falling this year .. but the 360 and Wii are still in demand ... Wii's still sell out almost instantly when they come in stock in my area ... where as there are always PS3's sitting on the shelfs ... the 360's stay a little longer but still sell out on occasion.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-16-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaKazama View Post
Heyyy what do u think is the best Video Game system out there right now?? In my opinion I think PS3 is the best Gaming system out right now,,then it's the Wii then Xbox 360 The Ps3 has many attributes that the xbox 360 and wii don't have....
Right now, XBox 360 is pwning PS3 all the way down, and by all means (sales are 2 or 3 Xbox360:1 PS3. Wii can't be put in the same category as XBox 360 or PS3... it has worse graphics, performance and everything, it's just cheaper, that's what makes it sell.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Thunda (Offline)
Don't bother reading

Send a message via MSN to Thunda
12-16-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaKazama View Post
I think PS3 is the best Gaming system out right now
Clever boy!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I'm busy as hell. Hit me up on MSN or pm me.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
12-16-2008, 08:36 PM

I don't think it should be closed, all though it most likely will. People should be able to have a civil discussion without it escalating.

But to answer your question, it depends on what type of stuff you're into.
I have the 360 and the PS3 so I'm not exactly biased.

If you want kid-like games, then your best bet is the Wii, games like Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros Brawl, are really the only notable (exclusive) games for it.

If you want a heavy focus on FPS, then the 360 is the way to go, games like Halo, Gears of War, Left 4 Dead. They have the occasional good RPG, Infinite Undiscovery is a decent game, but the reason I bought my 360 was for Star Ocean 4, which releases in March.

If you want awesome graphics and straight-up processing power, then you want the PLAYSTATION 3. Games like Metal Gear Solid 4 are fun and absolutely rape almost every game ever released in terms of graphics. LittleBIGPlanet is fun, and the online play is awesome. This is also the platform you want if you want to focus on RPG games, Final Fantasy XIII (which will also release on the 360) is turning out to look like an excellent game. Final Fantasy Versus XIII, however, is still an exclusive to the PS3 (re-confirmed in Re:Final Fantasy XIII DVD, released Dec 12), and other upcoming RPG's such as White Knight Chronicles seem to be promising as well. Another plus for the PS3 is the ability to play Blu-Ray discs, and the online features are free, unlike XBOX Live.

As for multiplatform games, it really doesn't matter, preferably the 360 or PS3 versions, however cause the Wii version never fails to be slightly different. There are really no differences in MP games. Overall they are the same and unless you're looking for them, you won't notice a differences.

The 360 tends to have better lighting (for MP games), but the PS3 tends to have smoother surfaces. If there are any special features to release with a game generally the PS3 will get more due to the extra space provided by the Blu-Ray disc.

Really it's just personal preference.

Also, even though the PLAYSTATION 3 supports Full 1080p HD, unless you have a TV that is bigger than 42 in. this really is irrelevant.

If you want it for multi-media purposes, I'd recommend the PS3, it allows you to copy music and videos directly from a Jump (USB) drive. as where if you want music on the XBOX you have to rip a physical cd (or use Windows Media Center), which can get annoying. Also the PS3 has a web browser, with which a recent update allows full screen use of Flash videos.

Hope you enjoy whichever console you pick....
Welcome to JF!!!
*if you want more of the FACTS, just PM me.... it's hard telling how long this thread will last

-XJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyLea View Post
ps3 is overpriced ... there is a reason why its sales are falling this year .. but the 360 and Wii are still in demand ... Wii's still sell out almost instantly when they come in stock in my area ... where as there are always PS3's sitting on the shelfs ... the 360's stay a little longer but still sell out on occasion.
Actually, if you apply for a PLAYSTATION Card from SONY, you get $150 off the purchase of a PLAYSTATION 3 console, AND $100 on the PLAYSTATION NETWORK toward downloadable content or whatever you want. With that it's possible to get a PS3 for less than an XBOX 360 (Elite).

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.

Last edited by XjapanFOREVER : 12-16-2008 at 08:43 PM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-16-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XjapanFOREVER View Post
If you want awesome graphics and straight-up processing power, then you want the PLAYSTATION 3.
I thought XBox 360 had better video card but a worse cpu... or that's what I read in the video card specifications
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
12-16-2008, 08:45 PM

Zomg, here we go again... this is like the second most common topic across the internet boards... and has been talked to death already. But whatever...

I am shutting this thread down as soon as I feel even slight smell of burning posts.

Regarding the discussed topic, out of the consoles listed here, I would get 360, just because of the games it supports and... *cough* other advantages over PS3. *cough*

Other than that - PC is better than any of the gaming consoles in all of the aspects except for one: there are less and less games being released for this platform and most of them, unfortunately, are multi-platform, which do not fully use all of the power PC has to offer and are often poorly ported.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
12-16-2008, 08:45 PM

nope, the PS3 has the best processor of the current gen consoles, which is why Stanford University is using PS3's to process calculations... look it up.

*also, in one of the semi-recent (Sept issue of PLAYSTATION: The Official Magazine.) the fastest super-computer uses the same processor that the PS3 uses, jsut ALOT more of them, if i find the mag I'll scan it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post
Regarding the discussed topic, out of the consoles listed here, I would get 360, just because of the games it supports and... *cough* other advantages over PS3. *cough*

Other than that - PC is better than any of the gaming consoles in all of the aspects except for one: there are less and less games being released for this platform and most of them, unfortunately, are multi-platform, which do not fully use all of the power PC has to offer and are often poorly ported.
I don't understand why we can't have a civil conversation..people...

We actually do need a thread where this question can be answered through FACTS... if you keep deleting the thread, it'll just keep popping up, I say we (well.. you [mods]) should monitor it closely and issue warnings to anyone caught spamming/flaming.

True the PC does have good properties, but that's not what the poster wanted to know. . . way to get off-topic, Ex.

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.

Last edited by XjapanFOREVER : 12-16-2008 at 08:54 PM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

12-16-2008, 08:52 PM

Over the recent PC release of GTA IV, I highly doubt they are taking PC Gaming as serious as consoles now.

Quote:
nope, the PS3 has the best processor of the current gen consoles, which is why Stanford University is using PS3's to process calculations... look it up.
I actually meant the same as that >.> I know folding@home... CPU of PS3 pwns, but I read 360's video card is slightly better.