JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

12-23-2008, 03:13 AM

The scariest game for me is Silent Hill. It was so scary for me that I only could play for 1 hour, and only with TV and lights on (even if it was daytime).
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

12-23-2008, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
Silent Hill made me jump out of my skin, and I'm still traumatized by the ending I got and the encounters with pyramid head and... basically the whole game! It's just so creepy and haunting, it's a great mystery.

Call of Cthuhlu looked amazing, I love that mythology. Have you ever played Clive Barker's Undying? Now that is a scary game, I couldn't even finish it when i was a kid.
OMG I LOVE THAT GAME!!! In fact, I was just thinking about that game when I went to Borders today and yesterday! I was looking for a new horror novel to read, and I totally forgot about Clive Barker's novels. I didn't buy any horror books in either visit, but that made me think about that. Weird that you mentioned it.

I loved just exploring the mansion. I played it a few years back and it was so much fun.

Sorry to everybody who's reading my spaz-attack posts. I get so giddy and excited about horror and scary video games!!

Another scary game was Ever17 (PC) that was a visual novel. You get to choose your actions and try to escape from an underwater establishment while you and a few other people are the only humans on it.

I played it this summer, and I cried so hard. I got a really terrible ending. The music in the background is so damn scary and just the whole theme makes me terrified.

I also remember playing The Thing on the Xbox. That game was scary. I never saw the movie, but my brother liked the movie and bought me the game. It is possibly one of the hardest games on the entire planet, even to this day.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-23-2008, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
Yuna, you've got great taste in games

Things that scarred me the most were Silent Hill 2 (everything), and Shadows of the Empire when you fought the HUGE dianoga in the sewers under coruscant. The horror...
I had completely forgotten about that dianoga until now. That was totally freaky.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

12-23-2008, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I had completely forgotten about that dianoga until now. That was totally freaky.
Who/what is dianoga?

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Abernachy (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Abernachy Send a message via Skype™ to Abernachy
12-23-2008, 03:22 AM

I enjoy scary games, too bad few have ever really got me into yelling and screaming. The only game I can think of was the first few times I played SYstem Shock 2, in the dark, on headphones. A zombie caught me offguard and I yelled, very loud. My brother ran in wondering what happened.
Clive Barkers Undying was another good scary game. SOme of the best atmosphere in any game I played was with Undying.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
reptilesandsamurai (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-23-2008, 03:25 AM

Silent Hill 1 freaked me right out. I was living in San Diego at the time I was playing and there was nightly fog that would roll in. I remember walking to car after classes at night with thick fog and being totally freaked.

In SH2 the only parts that were off putting to me were the apartment where the walls talked just enough to hear it but not understand and the prison.

Reptiles have silly grins
Dark eyes--shiny teeth--some have fins
Samurai they smile never
Serious--pretty swords--very clever
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-23-2008, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I still can't swim in deep water or the ocean without a friend

Yuna, imagine this thing x20. Undying was great, I gotta play it again! My favorite parts were when you got to leave the mansion, exploring some f'ed up castle and dark English moors. I always brought the creepy manual to school to scare everyone into thinking I was in some dark cult xD

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-23-2008, 03:26 AM

Atmospheres in games get me. Silent Hill's freaky white mist and dead silent ambiance was what made it scary for me. The radio killed me the most, when it came on while you were inside pitch black buildings...*shivers*

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#19 (permalink))
Old
reptilesandsamurai (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-23-2008, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post
Who/what is dianoga?
It's the sewer monster that tries to drown Luke in ANH. I vaguely remember the level in Shadows of the Empire with it.

Reptiles have silly grins
Dark eyes--shiny teeth--some have fins
Samurai they smile never
Serious--pretty swords--very clever
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-23-2008, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abernachy View Post
I enjoy scary games, too bad few have ever really got me into yelling and screaming. The only game I can think of was the first few times I played SYstem Shock 2, in the dark, on headphones. A zombie caught me offguard and I yelled, very loud. My brother ran in wondering what happened.
Alright! Finally, someone else who has played System Shock 2! That game was scary at times, no doubt.

I forgot Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (laugh if you will). The part where you have to go into the huge house, and there are those creepy head crawler things lunging at you, breaking through doors and making the place look absolutely messy with blood pools and body parts strewn about.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子