JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Video Games & Toys (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/)
-   -   New Zelda game! (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/24066-new-zelda-game.html)

MissMisa 03-29-2009 12:07 PM

New Zelda game!

Quote:

Remember way back when, when Project Deluge was the rumored title for the next big Zelda game? It had an intricate and dark supposed storyline, a main character that, for a change, wasn’t our usual Link, and a creative steampunk setting?

Well, you’re not going to believe this, but a few moments ago, Nintendo unveiled…

…a Zelda title tentatively called The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. It’s actually nothing like the Project Deluge rumors! In fact, those rumors were completely false - good on you that thought not having Link in a game was a terrible idea. Spirit Tracks is a DS game based on the same gameplay as Phantom Hourglass. The premise? You are Link - on a train instead of a boat!

That’s about it. Your train also has a cannon, just like the boat in Phantom Hourglass, but that’s about as hardcore as this game gets. Don’t worry, you’re not on a train all the time - during the conference, Nintendo demoed a dungeon, fighting some baddies, and a boss battle, but it wasn’t much different than the 2007 DS title. This “major release” is slated to go into stores later this year.

While presenting at Nintendo’s keynote, Bill Trinen stated, “Try to stay away from ledges and sharp things for the rest of the day, Zelda fans,” just before this announcement. Spirit Tracks could very well be the only Zelda we get until 2010, or until the launch of Nintendo’s next console (which could be well after 2010). Are you going to shell out the cash for Spirit Tracks? Or are you getting the ledge and/or sharp thing ready?

FROM ZELDA UNIVERSE: ARTICLE: Zelda News » GDC 2009: Nintendo unveils… a new Zelda game! - Zelda Universe - All the Zelda info you need.

I am so excited! I've been a Zelda fan for so many years, so I'm a major Zelda geek and have been waiting for ages for an announcement like this!

hinata2 03-29-2009 12:18 PM

yaay finally a new zelda

Koir 03-29-2009 12:25 PM

Hyrule finally enters the Industrial Revolution. I feel old. :P

Tordek42 03-29-2009 03:29 PM

Looks like I'm going to have to find my DS charger!!

Lucas89 03-29-2009 03:56 PM

Nice one, Zelda is about the only game i really play on my DS, so i'm glad i'll be able to get another.
I've lost count of how many times i've played through Phantom Hourglass

MissMisa 03-29-2009 03:57 PM

Same :D

I'm going to have to find my DS. I haven't got a clue where I've put it now... xD

Yuna7780 03-29-2009 04:19 PM

Damn. It's for the DS and Link looks retarded-- again.

MissMisa 03-29-2009 04:25 PM

I like it on the DS, but that hat he's wearing is just... a fashion disaster :p

Koir 03-29-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 690057)
I like it on the DS, but that hat he's wearing is just... a fashion disaster :p

And what would you know about fash---

*looks at your custom title*

...oh right.:p

packetpirate 03-29-2009 04:39 PM

Finally, new content for my R4!

LOL