JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ironcurtain (Offline)
New to JF

why I hardly saw Japanese player in WCG? - 04-04-2009, 04:48 AM

Well ~~I know Japanese companys make many great games every year.But what makes me confused is that I never see any japanese player in important cyber athlete games like Wcg or EPS.For example,Warcraft,Korea has Moon,China has Sky,France has ToD.But I never heard of any famous japanese War3 player.Such a gamegiant doesn't have great players?I feel so strange.
Are these kinds of game not popular in Japan?

Last edited by ironcurtain : 04-04-2009 at 04:51 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-04-2009, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcurtain View Post
Well ~~I know Japanese companys make many great games every year.But what makes me confused is that I never see any japanese player in important cyber athlete games like Wcg or EPS.For example,Warcraft,Korea has Moon,China has Sky,France has ToD.But I never heard of any famous japanese War3 player.Such a gamegiant doesn't have great players?I feel so strange.
I know these games are much more popular in Korea than Japan (to celebrity status)...so yes...not as popular.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
StangGuy (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-04-2009, 05:32 AM

I don't know about computer gaming but there are many Japanese players amongst the best in the collectible card gaming universe. Japanese players are a major source of innovation in Magic:The Gathering deck design and game playing strategy.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

04-04-2009, 06:45 AM

I'm playing Lost Planet right now... And there are a lot of Japanese flags popping up. Maybe %30 of them aren't Japanese? I don't know.
If my hearing serves me right, I've heard them speak Japanese a few times also. Maybe this is an indication that Japanese generally stick to consoles?

... Just a wild guess.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
ironcurtain (Offline)
New to JF

04-04-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
I'm playing Lost Planet right now... And there are a lot of Japanese flags popping up. Maybe %30 of them aren't Japanese? I don't know.
If my hearing serves me right, I've heard them speak Japanese a few times also. Maybe this is an indication that Japanese generally stick to consoles?

... Just a wild guess.
Well~~It seems that the games run on Handheld game console are more popular than on PC~~~
Quite different from China.Umm~~~Maybe this is "Economic basis determines superstructure. "

Last edited by ironcurtain : 04-04-2009 at 10:03 AM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-06-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
ToD, Sky, Moon? Care to explain since I haven't lived in South Korea for a long time.

Different kinds of game competition are publicly popular in Japan compare to China, South Korea, and France.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-06-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Well~~It seems that the games run on Handheld game console are more popular than on PC~~~
Quite different from China.Umm~~~Maybe this is "Economic basis determines superstructure. "
Well, Shanghai has become the Mecca of video game development recently.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

04-06-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
Well, Shanghai has become the Mecca of video game development recently.
Is that so?
I've always wanted more of a reason to visit China.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

04-06-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post

... Just a wild guess.
yea alot of japanese ppl play lost planet. one of my friend who is japanese and lives in japan plays it all the time. when i use to play it i would find alot of japanese ppl on there.

From the sky, To the ground
Rain is falling all around
Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#10 (permalink))
Old
BucktheWolf (Offline)
Hacked by v1xx

Send a message via AIM to BucktheWolf Send a message via MSN to BucktheWolf Send a message via Yahoo to BucktheWolf Send a message via Skype™ to BucktheWolf
04-16-2009, 09:45 AM

According to a friend of mine, there are also a number of Japanese WoW players

[あなたはハッキングされました)]