JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
06-02-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
Okay, let me end this silly thing.

Project Nolan took ideas for gaming from the Eyetoy. No, don't say it didn't, just because Eyetoy was a failure and because this sort of stuff has been around for ages. In GAMING, yes, gaming, eyetoy was the first one who introduced it. All Project Nolan is doing, is taking the idea, and expanding it.
So Sony and Microsoft console are ripoff of Nintendos because they started it first and Sony and MS are just expanding. No it's now.

Quote:

MS and Sony have been doing that for the last 5-10 years now. Microsoft's Xbox just took the PS2, and upgraded it in multiple ways (Including by adding online play) then Sony created the PS3 to keep up with the Xbox 360. It's been done before, so stop arguing about such a small thing. It's sounding like a fanboy rant.
Yeah and today's fridges are ripoffs of the first company who started doing the first fridges.

Quote:

Halo is not a trilogy. Trilogy = three, and only three. Did Pirate's of the Carribean make another instalment? No. Bungie is just milking the Halo cow now. Not the mention the game is total shit anyways.
‘Pirates of the Caribbean 4′ in 2011 - FilmoFilia

Walt Disney have been planning to release the fourth installment of its most successful trilogy ‘Pirates of the Caribbean 4‘ in 2011.

At least Halo is not doing a sequel to a trilogy, because it makes no sense. Halo 3 OSDT takes place in the same timeline the first trilogies were, so it is part of the trilogy

And btw, If Nintendo can milk Super Mario and Sega can milk Sonic X... I don't see why Microsoft can't have a game representing them.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#22 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-02-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
So Sony and Microsoft console are ripoff of Nintendos because they started it first and Sony and MS are just expanding. No it's now.

Yeah and today's fridges are ripoffs of the first company who started doing the first fridges.

And btw, If Nintendo can milk Super Mario and Sega can milk Sonic X... I don't see why Microsoft can't have a game representing them.
Yeah because fridges are such a competative media industry.

Again you are trying to compare gaming specific situations to everything else in the world - it doesnt work.

At least Nintendo and Sega didn't say - 'Oh we are only making a trilo- hey wait! Halo's sold loads, f*** the trilogy thing, let's make more!'

Point is, they didn't say they were just making a trilogy with their games.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
06-02-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Yeah because fridges are such a competative media industry.

Again you are trying to compare gaming specific situations to everything else in the world - it doesnt work.

At least Nintendo and Sega didn't say - 'Oh we are only making a trilo- hey wait! Halo's sold loads, f*** the trilogy thing, let's make more!'

Point is, they didn't say they were just making a trilogy with their games.
o.O Halo 1 to Halo 3 (including the expansion) is 1 trilogy because it covers one story.

Halo 4 will be another whole story so it will be a 2nd trilogy.

They are not lying at all, it is just you wanting it hard to be like that.

And I would like you to explain me what exactly a ripoff is? a product which contains 1 out of 5 features SIMILAR to another product?

NINTENDO'S PRESS CONFERENCE IN 40 MINS

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-02-2009, 03:24 PM

I don't know why everyone is in arms over Bungie announcing additional installments to the Halo universe. The games were fun, and as long as each game introduces something innovative, I'm certainly not complaining. The feature added onto ODST, firefight, sounds sweet.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

06-02-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabyte117 View Post
I don't know why everyone is in arms over Bungie announcing additional installments to the Halo universe. The games were fun, and as long as each game introduces something innovative, I'm certainly not complaining. The feature added onto ODST, firefight, sounds sweet.
Halo 3 sucked in comparison with the previous.

But what I don't get is people who tell MS to have stopped with Halo 2, instead of encouraging to do a better job next time.

Btw, what do you people think Nintendo and Sony will have in response to Microsoft?

Quote:
(#26 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

06-02-2009, 03:53 PM

Nintendo's conference live in 8 mins IGN E3 2009 Live Press Conference

Quote:
(#27 (permalink))
Old
everybest (Offline)
JF Regular

06-02-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Nintendo's conference live in 8 mins IGN E3 2009 Live Press Conference
Sucks, I want to watch, but its 2am here. I'm always in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm in Los Angeles during the Tokyo Game Show and in Tokyo during E3 in Los Angeles.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-02-2009, 04:44 PM

Seriously Nintendo.

'Now something for the girl gamers.'

F****** fashion game full of s*** b*******. It was needed, really.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

06-02-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
As far as I can remember, Nintendo didn't start it. All Nintendo started was the motion sensor from the Wii (Was that even the first thing?) But the camera gaming thing, started with the first eyetoy on the PS2.

Quote:
I didn't call it a ripoff. So stop getting wound up on that.

Quote:
‘Pirates of the Caribbean 4′ in 2011 - FilmoFilia

Walt Disney have been planning to release the fourth installment of its most successful trilogy ‘Pirates of the Caribbean 4‘ in 2011.

At least Halo is not doing a sequel to a trilogy, because it makes no sense. Halo 3 OSDT takes place in the same timeline the first trilogies were, so it is part of the trilogy
Then it's no longer a trilogy. Trilogy is three only. Unless they call it something totally different, it's no longer a trilogy.

Quote:
Not saying they can't. Doesn't change the fact halo is shit though :P

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#30 (permalink))
Old
RKitagawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to RKitagawa
06-02-2009, 05:15 PM

Nintendo Press conference is over... what are your thoughts??

I'm unimpressed

I'd say Metroid was the highlight of that one.
but seriously? Wii Vitality? what was that about...

Now you can play games... that put you to sleep... fun....