JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
The Official King of Fighters XII Thread - 06-21-2009, 08:46 PM

Talk about anything having to do with KoF XII, character strats, ranting, combos, mind games, anything ^_^

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
06-23-2009, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
So there are people who still like this series, I thought the 2D fighting games were dead already.
Are you serious?

Have you seen what 2009 is all about? This is the new wave in 2D Fighters man!

We had SF4, BlazBlue is coming out in a few days and KoF XII comes out next month!

Also, KoF 98 AND 2002 are coming to Xbox Live Arcade soon!
Along with Fatal Fury : Mark of The Wolves.

And fighters in general...Cmon, Tekken 6!

(#3 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

06-23-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
You're right, I was kind of missing the 2D games I'm glad to know that they're back, I saw a few images of KoFXII and the sprites look great, seems interesting even though that there are less characters than usual.

Yeah, great fighting games, just don't tell me that you're going to download them...
I'm going to try and hold out until I have enough cash to buy them to tell you the truth.

I'm going to have to get a job with all these great ones coming out this year.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
06-23-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
I'm going to try and hold out until I have enough cash to buy them to tell you the truth.

I'm going to have to get a job with all these great ones coming out this year.
don't get a job just to buy a video game ;-) then you will spend your time at work instead of playing the game (and school! stick with your goals man! goals!)
i also like this series, but it seems choppy and glitchy movement now compared to SF4... SF4 is just so freakin' good i don't think any other fighter games will pass the SF4 graphics.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

06-23-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsLost View Post
don't get a job just to buy a video game ;-) then you will spend your time at work instead of playing the game (and school! stick with your goals man! goals!)
i also like this series, but it seems choppy and glitchy movement now compared to SF4... SF4 is just so freakin' good i don't think any other fighter games will pass the SF4 graphics.
Well, SF4 used 3d models on a 2D plane, of course it was going to look great.

personally, I like the style of art in KoF XII more than SF4. Its them 12 months to hand draw one character in KoF XII

I want a job so I can have a sense of responsibility, all I'm doing is being lazy and partying this summer.

So, do you guys have any plans for a team you want to use on this game?

Last edited by Quailboy : 06-23-2009 at 08:12 AM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

06-23-2009, 12:04 PM

This brings be back to the times when I spent countless times (and money) playing King of Fighters 94 in the video arcade. I considered the game far more interesting than Street Fighter. To bad the series sucked after KoF 94.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
uenostation54 (Offline)
New to JF

06-23-2009, 05:20 PM

Now this is what I'm talking about fellow KOF fans!!!!! I've been playing KOF since KOF 94 and is still my fav fighting game series. The only beef I think I'm gunna have with this one is the lack of Kula Diamond (at least they brought back Andy).

Fav characters anyone? And what system are you gunna get it for?(PS3 for me)

And 1 more thing we NEED more 2d fighters!!! I cant stand the way SF4 went after playing the Alpha series and SF3. SNK is king for keeping the series the way the hardcore fans love it. Can't wait to play this and I hope the next KOF game will finish the Ash saga.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

06-24-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uenostation54 View Post
Now this is what I'm talking about fellow KOF fans!!!!! I've been playing KOF since KOF 94 and is still my fav fighting game series. The only beef I think I'm gunna have with this one is the lack of Kula Diamond (at least they brought back Andy).

Fav characters anyone? And what system are you gunna get it for?(PS3 for me)

And 1 more thing we NEED more 2d fighters!!! I cant stand the way SF4 went after playing the Alpha series and SF3. SNK is king for keeping the series the way the hardcore fans love it. Can't wait to play this and I hope the next KOF game will finish the Ash saga.
I'm getting it on 360
I play on using Benimaru(sp?), Mature and Andy

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

06-24-2009, 03:02 AM

Quote:
I always go for Kyo and Iori, they rule!
I hate iori's move set..I dont know why.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

06-24-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Are you sure? I love his moves, he's a very useful character, I like his Orochi version as well, he's extremely fast! His wild style of fighting is so cool

Kyo Kusanagi and Iori Yagami are probably my favourite male characters in the series.
Honestly, I think Chang is cooler then them both, combined xD