(#11 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-25-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
Don't they have 'Rape' Clubs in Japan?

Surely that's more substantial than a computer game.
There was one. It was an ill-advised college club, whose founders I believe are in jail. This reflects on the the founders of the club and not the country of Japan.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

06-25-2009, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
There was one. It was an ill-advised college club, whose founders I believe are in jail. This reflects on the the founders of the club and not the country of Japan.
I've seen a lot of rape orientated DVD'S,magazines, books and have heard from Japanese themselves.

It appears to be a popular fantasy.

We are talking about Japan, but I'm sure it applies in other countries, just that it seems well "advertised" in Japan.

I won't elaborate on my experience at a LH in Osaka

Cheers - Oz
(#13 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

06-25-2009, 02:38 AM

I'll just add this interesting video to the board which explains the rape scene in Japan a little more.
YouTube - Rape Club - Japan
Obviously it is a popular thought for both male and female.

Cheers - Oz
(#14 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-25-2009, 02:42 AM

Quote:
I've seen a lot of rape orientated DVD'S,magazines, books and have heard from Japanese themselves.

It appears to be a popular fantasy.

We are talking about Japan, but I'm sure it applies in other countries, just that it seems well "advertised" in Japan.

I won't elaborate on my experience at a LH in Osaka
You asked about rape clubs in Japan, of which there was one at a university. Rape is obviously illegal in Japan, so a club would be uncovered and leadership would be arrested.

Part of what makes Japanese adult industry so famous and popular world-wide is the availability of any fantasy on film. It may be a "popular" fantasy among fetishists, but I wouldn't not go so far as to say it is a popular fantasy among the general population.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

06-25-2009, 03:25 AM

Awwww that sucks, here I wanted to buy one. Really did just to see how it was . . . Meh everything happens when your away I guess. Darn it.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
06-25-2009, 03:31 AM

i don't play these kinds of games or any hentai related games for that matter, but isn't it just a game? there's far worse genre's of games out there, that include murder, crime, violence, and educational (joking about the last one, okay?)
(#17 (permalink))
Old
GodNickSatan (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to GodNickSatan Send a message via Yahoo to GodNickSatan
06-25-2009, 08:13 AM

As wrong as playing a rape game may sound, it is still just a game and no one is getting hurt. I'm as much against banning them as I am agaisnt banning GTA or any video game.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-25-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
I'll just add this interesting video to the board which explains the rape scene in Japan a little more.
YouTube - Rape Club - Japan
Obviously it is a popular thought for both male and female.
I just watched that video and do not see how you could possibly say rape is "obviously a popular thought for both male and female".

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsLost View Post
i don't play these kinds of games or any hentai related games for that matter, but isn't it just a game? there's far worse genre's of games out there, that include murder, crime, violence, and educational (joking about the last one, okay?)
Really? What is a worse genre of video game than the goal being the forced rape on a woman?
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-25-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Really? What is a worse genre of video game than the goal being the forced rape on a woman?
Exactly. Games like GTA might have a high rate of violence, others might be quite graphic, but it's still quite emotionless. Hentai rape games fetishize rape in a way that is actively encouraging the player to have a positive sexual response, and it compounds a 'women want it really' mentality that is incredibly harmful when it is applied to RL sex abuse situations. I don't think there has ever been a murder game that implied the victim wanted to be killed and enjoyed it really.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

06-25-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
Exactly. Games like GTA might have a high rate of violence, others might be quite graphic, but it's still quite emotionless. Hentai rape games fetishize rape in a way that is actively encouraging the player to have a positive sexual response, and it compounds a 'women want it really' mentality that is incredibly harmful when it is applied to RL sex abuse situations. I don't think there has ever been a murder game that implied the victim wanted to be killed and enjoyed it really.
I highly disagree with this. Illegal is illegal. The law CLEARLY states that rape is illegal. Now, if the individual still thinks that rape is okay, then it's his own mind that should be brought into question. Not the game.

I agree that although rape games are over the top, in the end they're fantasies. Everyone has fantasies that they're not proud about, and someone saying that they don't would be lying. Hentai and these games exist for that reason. You can enjoy these fetishes and fantasies in private without the problem of judgement from the rest of the world.

The real problem is when these fantasies start becoming reality. Most people don't let it become reality though, many of them keep it a fantasy. I have many friends, who are sexually active, and socially liked people, who are into stuff like tentacles, rape and some even guro. (We're a close group of friends who shares things with each other.) As someone claimed that most of the people that play these games are otakus, I disagree with that statement.

I've played one of this games, and although it didn't cater to me, it wasn't horrendous. It's a simple hentai "e-book" with sound. It's not even a game. Hell, I wouldn't class it as one.

Ozkai: I'm sure it's not such a universal thought, as you claim. Fetishes DO exist. But it's not only in Japan. They exist everywhere in the world. Only thing is, in Japan they're slightly more open with fetishes. (Open as in they're not afraid to draw it. Not as in telling everyone they see)

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -