JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Video Games & Toys (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/)
-   -   Dragon Quest 9 Holiday (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/26391-dragon-quest-9-holiday.html)

MrSumOne 07-11-2009 12:48 AM

Dragon Quest 9 Holiday

Hey, when I was back in North America I used to hear that every time a Dragon Quest comes out, schools give people the day off because they know everyone will skip school anyways. So I was wondering, since today DQ9 comes out, is there a holiday? The school across from my apartment looks suspiciously empty...

Tenchu 07-11-2009 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSumOne (Post 744473)
Hey, when I was back in North America I used to hear that every time a Dragon Quest comes out, schools give people the day off because they know everyone will skip school anyways. So I was wondering, since today DQ9 comes out, is there a holiday? The school across from my apartment looks suspiciously empty...

No. Kinder should still be on for you, so no need to worry. Hurry along now.

QueenNanami 07-11-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenchu (Post 744475)
No. Kinder should still be on for you, so no need to worry. Hurry along now.

Rotfl! You always crack me up!

Zagato289 07-11-2009 12:54 AM

wow i never heard of that happening. I know ppl skip for games, but im sure schools will never cancel a day just because of a game. If they do, that school distric is so immature.

Tenchu 07-11-2009 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zagato289 (Post 744481)
wow i never heard of that happening. I know ppl skip for games, but im sure schools will never cancel a day just because of a game. If they do, that school distric is so immature.

They wouldn't. There is no way such a massive portion of a school would be interested in a game that it isn't worth having school on that day.

MrSumOne 07-11-2009 01:02 AM

The first few in the DQ series had a lot of people skipping school and work, so I think the government told Enix at the time that because it slowed down Japanese productivity, they could only be released on weekends or holidays. That is why I asked.

Zagato289 07-11-2009 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSumOne (Post 744473)

Wait, hold on. If your back in America then no one is going to school cause its summer time. Duh lol:D

MrSumOne 07-11-2009 01:40 AM

No, I said WHEN I was back in North America, past tense. Now I'm in Japan.

KaiTea 07-27-2009 01:34 PM

Um, speaking of which, I was wondering if there was a confirmation date on when Dragon Quest 9 is coming out in NA. Someone predicted it might be the end of this year, but I want to know the actual date.. (If it is even available).

Thanks. :P