Bloody Hell, a new one?

A Dream Of Form In Days Of Thought

www.mydramalist.com

Eiri is my Property, Bitches.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
07-16-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pexster View Post
Bloody Hell, a new one?
They will never stop -_-

BTW, is this the new one with the black dude with the afro and the pistols? Or is that XIV?

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#25 (permalink))
Old
hinata2 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to hinata2 Send a message via Yahoo to hinata2
07-16-2009, 07:47 PM

its the one with this girl named lightning
(#26 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

07-16-2009, 08:12 PM

I agree with lastfortnight that X was the last truly good one. X-2 was boring and XII was well boring and i found it difficult if you didnt train a lot in the beginning. but i am excited to pick up the vs. XIII edition
(#27 (permalink))
Old
hinata2 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to hinata2 Send a message via Yahoo to hinata2
07-16-2009, 08:21 PM

yea vs. looks good
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

07-16-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

Nah, it was. Had no... substance to it.
I disagree. I surely wouldn't call the story bad as it made changes from the same old FF pattern of 'good guy has grudge against bad guy, grudge becomes ever more epic and boils down to a big massive 'save the world' scenario, during which the good guy finds true love with some woman he picked up along the way'. FF XII story went a different road, becoming more mature then any other FF series.

What I did like about the story and what I didn't find in other cliche'd FF's, is that the line between "Good" and "Evil" is blurred. That's what so intriguing and compelling about FFXII story compared to other FF's reeeeou clearly know who's the "truly evil" villain that's gonna destroy the world. Sure, many could argue that Vayne is the villain, but wasn't he just trying to suppress a rebellion from those who would dare to as a ruler should? And lets not forget he tried to liberate the humes from the rule of the Occuria.

The characters seem more cultured and refined than say FFVIII's. Vaan, while I'll admit he was underdeveloped, like Fran and Penelo, at least wasn't an emo like Squall. The story, on the whole makes sense, though the Occuria should've been expanded upon. That was a weak plot point (I never said the story was flawless) and the political aspect of FFXII is also one of the things I enjoyed about FFXII. Also there were plenty of subplots amongst the characters, like:
-Vaan, trying to become a sky pirate and come to terms with the death of his brother.
-Balthier, and his changing from apathetic pirate to heroic rebel. Also the conflict with his father takes centre stage.
-Fran, outcast from her people for venturing out into the world (not to mention the subtle romance between her and Balthier). Although, her story fades out far too soon.
-Ashe shouldn't really need explaining. You deal with her crap almost the entire time.
-Basch, as he seeks redemption through his duty to Dalmasca.

Just my 2 cents in this whole matter, as I feel you are overlooking FFXII's noteworthy merits and if you approach it with a traditional FF mentality, you will certainly not appreciate it.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
07-16-2009, 10:56 PM

I loved X and X-2 myself...X-2 was just a good laughing time..

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Rogozhin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-17-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
FFXII's story was terrible period.

As for FFVII. Certainly isn't the best. The story is quite sub-par compared to some like FFVI.
Thank you. Time and time again people go fanatical over FFVII while completely overlooking some of the other brilliant games in the FF series (like FFIV and FFVI). FFVI is my personal favourite and I am really hoping this gets a decent remake, hopefully on the PSP. No other characters have been as lovable as the maniacal Kefka (woopoopoop!) and the comic relief Ultros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firu View Post
does anybody have Dissidia:Final Fantasy? and is it any good? we're not getting it in the U.K. until September,already have it pre-ordered
Yes, I got hold of Dissidia about a week after it was released. Even after 200 hours of gameplay, I'm still not tired of it. My favourite characters are in the game along with my favourite themes (like the boss themes from FFVI, FFX and FFXII). This game felt like it was tailormade to fully satisfy me

I bought a PSP for this game alone and it was totally worth doing so because the game is really enjoyable. Try to find others with Dissidia and challenge them to earn artifacts etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
I loved X and X-2 myself...X-2 was just a good laughing time..
Despite what a lot of people think of X-2, I actually didn't mind it. The battle system involving the dress spheres was kind of nifty....in a Charlie's Angels kind of way. In fact, the game felt more like a spin-off game of a Charlie's Angels flick than a Final Fantasy. Still an entertaining game though.

I fully stopped taking the X-2 seriously after the arousing LeBlanc massaging minigame.

Last edited by Rogozhin : 07-17-2009 at 01:06 PM.