JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: What VG consoles do you have?
360 13 17.11%
PS3 10 13.16%
Wii 3 3.95%
Handheld only 4 5.26%
All 9 11.84%
Some 28 36.84%
None 9 11.84%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Deviruu (Offline)
オワタ!

07-24-2009, 02:12 AM

Sega Game Gear
Sega Genisis (2)
Nintendo 64
Super Nintendo
First Gameboy
Gameboy pocket
Gameboy color (3)
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Advance SP
Play Station (2)
Playstation 2
Nintendo Game Cube
Nintendo Wii
Nintedo DS
Nintendo DSi

Hm... I KNOW I'm forgetting something.

It's a shame no one uses any of them anymore. Beside the DSi.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-24-2009, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagato289 View Post
Just because you play games doesnt mean you dont have a life. I play games on my free time with friends sometimes and enjoy it alot. I also have a life going to college,studing, and working. If someones play games all day, then thats a different story.
How many hours a week do you play? Virtual reality may be fun, but it can't match actual reality, can it? When I was a kid I liked to play war and battle games. When I was an adult, I joined the Army and got to experience the real thing. A .50 caliber machine gun in a video game is an impressive weapon, but you should try firing a real one.

Some people like anime and Japanese culture. I like Japanese culture to, but instead of reading comic books or watching cartoons and dramas, I moved to Japan.

Virtual reality and video games are nothing but pale shadows compared to the things you can experience by turning off the console and walking out your door.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

07-24-2009, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
How many hours a week do you play? Virtual reality may be fun, but it can't match actual reality, can it? When I was a kid I liked to play war and battle games. When I was an adult, I joined the Army and got to experience the real thing. A .50 caliber machine gun in a video game is an impressive weapon, but you should try firing a real one.

Some people like anime and Japanese culture. I like Japanese culture to, but instead of reading comic books or watching cartoons and dramas, I moved to Japan.

Virtual reality and video games are nothing but pale shadows compared to the things you can experience by turning off the console and walking out your door.
I really respect your replied. Its a decent one. I play 3 or 4 hrs a week. i know whats healthy and whats not. I do know that real life is more important than virtual just like any smart person knows. Im sure gamers know that a virtual weapon isway different than a real one. We gamers are not stupid you know.The same thing goes to some anime lovers. They think that Japan is another fantasy anime place to be, which is not. Japan is just like any other country. You have no idea to how many people I said the same thing you told me just now. All i was trying to tell you is that theres nothing wrong in playing games if you dont play alot. Its just another way of having fun with friends just like any other past time. Ofcourse, It would be bad if you play games for excesive times. I hope u understand me know.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

Last edited by Zagato289 : 07-24-2009 at 04:32 AM.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
07-24-2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:
I really respect your replied. Its a decent one. I play 3 or 4 hrs a week. i know whats healthy and whats not. I do know that real life is more important than virtual just like any smart person knows. Im sure gamers know that a virtual weapon isway different than a real one. We gamers are not stupid you know.The same thing goes to some anime lovers. They think that Japan is another fantasy anime place to be, which is not. Japan is just like any other country. You have no idea to how many people I said the same thing you told me just now. All i was trying to tell you is that theres nothing wrong in playing games if you dont play alot. Its just another way of having fun with friends just like any other past time. Ofcourse, It would be bad if you play games for excesive times. I hope u understand me know.
Holy crap..3-4 hours a WEEK? I get in like 5-6 a day -_-
But..I do play for money heh
I still have a regular life aswell, but I suppose you do have school and everything, i have no real responsibilites besides staying out of trouble haha.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-24-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
I still have a regular life aswell, but I suppose you do have school and everything, i have no real responsibilites besides staying out of trouble haha.
How much money do you make playing video games?
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
07-24-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
How much money do you make playing video games?
Not much, I play that much mainly because I just love the competition, the last tourny I went to netted me $30 though. That was quite some time ago though. Back when i used to play Halo 3..a long time ago xD I haven't had the funds or the priveledge to go to any lately though.

I do money matches though..those are fun, espicially for SF4..a $20 money match is the best.

To stay on topic..I own a 360 and Dreamcast..

(#27 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

07-24-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
lol yeah i have alot of studies. i wish i could play a bit more but i cant with all the pressure of college.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#28 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

07-24-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
lol yeah i have alot of studies. i wish i could play a bit more but i cant with all the pressure of college.
For sure, eventualy its going to happen to me too, i just have a few years until it kicks in xD

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

07-24-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Not much, I play that much mainly because I just love the competition, the last tourny I went to netted me $30 though. That was quite some time ago though. Back when i used to play Halo 3..a long time ago xD I haven't had the funds or the priveledge to go to any lately though.

I do money matches though..those are fun, espicially for SF4..a $20 money match is the best.

To stay on topic..I own a 360 and Dreamcast..
I want a dreamcast even though is old. just for the collection of consoles.

--Jaka

(#30 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

07-24-2009, 07:21 AM

Quote:
I want a dreamcast even though is old. just for the collection of consoles.
Man, i love my dreamcast..the console was so good..yet rampant piracy killed it..along with Sony (mainly sony) xD