JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

Final fantasy strategies. - 07-25-2009, 06:02 PM

Many people here who've played the old final fantasys will remember that one of the main ways to progress, is to have a good team strategy and team line up.

I want to know what your ones are, and who you picked.

Mine is for FFIX at the moment. And I use Zidane, Eiko, Vivi and Quina.

Most times, I start off with using Detect with Zidane to see if there are any good stealable items. I then queue up Vivi's boost (increases magic attack), Quina's Might guard (Uses Protect and Shell on all party members) and use Carnbuncle (Which uses reflect on all members) after Quina uses Mighty guard.

After this turn, I take the damage, and I heal through any physical damage done by the monsters. My Eiko has Reflect-Null which makes her moves nullfy the effects of Reflect (So I can cast heals on my team without it being reflected to the enemy) I cast haste whenever possible on my team, and keep Protect up on them at all times. I make Quina use bad breath (Darkness, Mini, Confusion, slow and poison) and if the mob is effected, it's a bonus to me. While doing this, I keep nuking with Vivi with whatever the enemies weakness is,and mellee with Zidane. I can also cast Might on Zidane with Eiko, which increases his physical damage output.

So at this point, if all is well. The enemy cannot use spell damage on me, he does less physical damage to me, he gets in only a few attacks because of slow, I get get loads more attacks because of haste. If he has darkness, he'll be missing a lot. If he's poisoned, he takes damage over time. If he's mini, he does even LESS damage. My Zidane is hitting for shit loads of damage. Not to mention, my Quina and Zidane have counter attack, so whenever they're melle'd they auto melle back.

And to top it all off, if the enemy tries to use a reflect on itself to reflect spells off itself ot damage me, I just dispel. If he dispels me, I use silence.

Total, lock down.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-25-2009, 08:37 PM

Ah, I see.

You like damage output mostly then. That's a good strategy, and although I enjoy big damage output, sometimes the big constant 9999's just bore me. I love controlling the fight at all times.

I think why I love Vivi so much, is if I can figure out the enemies weakness, I can just nuke with it's weakness. Also, one thing you'll find with Doomsday and Carbuncle, is that the reflect is awesome.

Doomsday hits him. Reflects off you, and hits him again. You're looking at a huge amount of damage there.

I was fighting Ozma the other day, not sure if you've fought him, but he spams Doomsday. He used Doomsday on himself, dealt 9999. Then it reflected off me and dealt 9999. It just took another two Doomsdays to finish him off.

(#3 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-25-2009, 09:25 PM

Don't even get me started on Penance.

Oh god. So much money wasted on Zanmato.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-25-2009, 10:52 PM

I tried taking him normally.

40 minutes into the battle, I died.