JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Video Games & Toys (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/)
-   -   SONY's GamesCom 2009 Press Conference (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/27236-sonys-gamescom-2009-press-conference.html)

XjapanFOREVER 08-18-2009 04:36 PM

SONY's GamesCom 2009 Press Conference

SONY's GamesCom Press conference is about to get underway in a matter of minutes. They are telling people they need to stay seated throughout the entire conference right now.

I'll keep you posted.

Dante's Inferno was dated earlier today as Feb 9 for US, and Feb 12 for Europe.

SONY's having wifi problems. They're resetting the router, ETA 5 mins.

Intro vid finished

Giving console stats, Units sold.

PSN has infinite possibilities.... blah blah blah

SingStar is getting a HOME space.... who cares?

Audi space by the end of the year

More Dance moves/interactions coming as well for HOME

PSN getting makeover September 1

New Channels coming to the UK PSN

Dynamic Themes coming to PS3... interesting

Video delivery service hits most PAL territories this Nov.

Digital reader coming to PSP this november/Dec... Marvel catalogue will be available through it.

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c716...Smclcomics.jpg

Smaller games coming to new PS Store section. extremely small filesize..more like apps... FieldRunners, Tetris, Sparta.. etc. "MiniS" 100mb limit... available at PSPgo launch, usable on all PSP versions.

PSP 3000 getting new colors, turquoise green, blossom pink, and lilac purple. Green one will be bundled with LBP PSP

Gran Turismo PSP free to all PSPgo owners who register Oct 1-10. Europe only

EyePet will be 49.99 Euro and come with PS Eye

How far would you go for someone you love: Heavy rain will feature four main characters, four lives, four ways to answer that question. Two remaining characters shown, Curt and Ethan

SONY's motion controller will be talked about at TGS. Trailer shown.

Kaz Hirai, "PS3 getting new model, available the first week in September"
Same features and function. 120 gb drive 33 percent smaller, 36 percent lighter... $299.99.. also the price of current PS3 consoles as of tomorrow.
PS3 slim release will vary by region but available everywhere by Sept 11

END

hinata2 08-18-2009 05:10 PM

i love these confrences they are just awsome and helpful

Quailboy 08-18-2009 06:05 PM

Wow..nothing big from Sont I guess >_>

iPhantom 08-18-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quailboy (Post 762659)
Wow..nothing big from Sont I guess >_>

You're an idiot.

They just released a 299$ Slim 120Gb PS3. That's pretty cheap.

seiki 08-18-2009 09:09 PM

I wonder what they knocked out of the beast.

Aniki 08-18-2009 09:09 PM

The prices of PS3 Slim:
In U.S. 299 USD,
In Japan 29,980 Yen (316.585 USD),
In Europe 299 EUR (422.591 USD)!!!

seiki 08-18-2009 09:16 PM

So buy one from america if possiblelol.

iPhantom 08-18-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seiki (Post 762682)

Nothing, their production cost dropped by 70% and is around 240$.

They really need to make it cheap if they want it to rise and do something against XBox 360.

vegna 08-18-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seiki (Post 762682)

You can't install OS anymore like Linux. That's about it.

seiki 08-19-2009 02:13 AM

Is it just linux? Thats not so bad. They better leave the fan. My slim ps2 overheats and i know those bastards did somthing to it. The 299 dollar price is just what I have been waiting for though. My 80 gig died. Is it backwards compatable?

XjapanFOREVER 08-19-2009 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 762668)
You're an idiot

I beg to differ, you're an idiot. They announced the PS3 Slim, it gets released the first week of September....

Quote:

Originally Posted by seiki (Post 762770)
Is it backwards compatable?

No, not stock. But SONY patented a method for the PS3 to not emulate but to actually understand PS2 media. It'll be out via firmware update in the near future... think TGS

A SONY rep at a GameStop confirmed this.... subtly. Though there is no word from SONY as a company.
Sony Rep: PS3 Price Drop and Backwards Compatibility Coming - PS3 NEWS - PlayStation 3 News

iPhantom 08-19-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XjapanFOREVER (Post 762777)
I beg to differ, you're an idiot. They announced the PS3 Slim, it gets released the first week of September....

I beg to differ again, you're the idiot. What difference does it make if it gets released a few weeks later? The news is very important and read what I was quoting.

Guigoo 08-21-2009 03:34 AM

pic of the new slim. i didn't like it that much.

seiki 08-21-2009 03:46 AM

It dose look kind of weird but have you actually seen or held a ps3? It makes the original X box or better yet atari 5200 seem like a little bitch.

Guigoo 08-23-2009 08:13 AM

the new ps3 slim is just an enpoored version of the ps3.

recklesswaltz 08-23-2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guigoo (Post 763973)

Are you referring to the matte finish?

iPhantom 08-23-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guigoo (Post 763973)

What do you mean?

Guigoo 08-23-2009 02:43 PM

i mean the turn on/off button is no longer sensitive, it looks more like a freezer button.

the PS3 Slim with textured matte surface reminds me of some old plastic outdoor furniture

iPhantom 08-23-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guigoo (Post 764043)
i mean the turn on/off button is no longer sensitive, it looks more like a freezer button.

the PS3 Slim with textured matte surface reminds me of some old plastic outdoor furniture

Oh, I thought you said it was a downgraded version. I like the new design tbh.

kyo_9 08-23-2009 04:13 PM

damn, I like the slim but I've already bought PS3..

Quailboy 08-23-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 762668)
You're an idiot.

*gasp* Their releasing it at the price it should have been!? AWESOME

iPhantom 08-23-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quailboy (Post 764063)
*gasp* Their releasing it at the price it should have been!? AWESOME

Prove me it should have been 299$ before. The production cost was way more than 299$ and you expect it to sell lower?

Quailboy 08-23-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 764068)
Prove me it should have been 299$ before. The production cost was way more than 299$ and you expect it to sell lower?

...yeah, I do, I belive that it was microsoft that did it with the 360

iPhantom 08-24-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quailboy (Post 764118)
...yeah, I do, I belive that it was microsoft that did it with the 360

XBox 360 production cost was way lower.

seiki 08-24-2009 12:36 AM

That is an excellent price and it is way cheaper to make a 360 than a ps3. It has a blu ray player in it first off and you can see many commercial blu ray players go from 200 to well over 300 dollars. So that is a good price just on the videos then when you get the awsomeness of the superior graphics than a 360 it is an awsome deal.

Zagato289 08-24-2009 03:03 AM

I just dont get why people ask for BC in the PS3. Sony is getting tire of telling people that the PS3 was made for PS3 games. You would be an idiot if you buy a PS3 to play PS2 games: it would be a waste of money. I did a smart thing not selling my PS2 if want to play my old PS2 games again. So if you care about PS2 games more, buy a PS2. In one of my little markets, they sell them for only $50 or less.

iPhantom 08-24-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zagato289 (Post 764267)
I just dont get why people ask for BC in the PS3. Sony is getting tire of telling people that the PS3 was made for PS3 games. You would be an idiot if you buy a PS3 to play PS2 games: it would be a waste of money. I did a smart thing not selling my PS2 if want to play my old PS2 games again. So if you care about PS2 games more, buy a PS2. In one of my little markets, they sell them for only $50 or less.

People buy it to play both PS2 and PS3 games in one machine.

Zagato289 08-24-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 764376)
People buy it to play both PS2 and PS3 games in one machine.

and thats the dumbest thing to do. Sony even said this.

read this:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/no...y-for-ps3-slim

iPhantom 08-24-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zagato289 (Post 764404)
and thats the dumbest thing to do. Sony even said this.

read this:No backwards compatibility for PS3 Slim News // PS3 /// Eurogamer - Games Reviews, News and More

The dumbest thing to do is listen to the company who owns both consoles. You think Sony would encourage you to buy a PS3 to play PS2 games when they still are selling PS2? This is dumb imo.

Zagato289 08-24-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 764407)
The dumbest thing to do is listen to the company who owns both consoles. You think Sony would encourage you to buy a PS3 to play PS2 games when they still are selling PS2? This is dumb imo.

Even if the company owns both console, you have to listen them. They the ones that can answer your questions.Yes, its nice having BC, but Sony has 2 reasons for not adding PS2's BC right now:

Number 1, its a PS3. Simple as that. We just came from PS2 last genaration, its to early. Second, PS2s are still selling, so there's no point of wasting money to add PS2's BC.

These is what people need to understand. I have no doubt that people will be asking for BC of PS1,2,3,4,etc for the next new consoles. People need to understand that Sony cant be doing this all the time. This requires a huge amount of money.

Check this:PlayStation LifeStyle

iPhantom 08-24-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zagato289 (Post 764499)
These is what people need to understand. I have no doubt that people will be asking for BC of PS1,2,3,4,etc for the next new consoles. People need to understand that Sony cant be doing this all the time. This requires a huge amount of money.

Like 699$ per console? That's how much PS3 was priced at the start.

Oh and if someone wants to play old games, what solution does Sony have? They keep b****ing about emulators but I don't see another solution. Sony needs to understand that people want to play classics.

Nathan 08-25-2009 02:18 AM

I would love to be able to use that excuse at work.

"Nah, you have to keep using IE6 to run that application. What, no I won't upgrade it to support IE8. Just run the IE8 version. The IE8 version doesn't have the same features? Just run both."

Zagato289 08-25-2009 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 764537)
Like 699$ per console? That's how much PS3 was priced at the start.

Oh and if someone wants to play old games, what solution does Sony have? They keep b****ing about emulators but I don't see another solution. Sony needs to understand that people want to play classics.

Sony does have a solution for people who want to play old games, and guess what it is? that's right, the beautiful PS2. For your information, the PS3 can also play PS1 game disk. Trust me, if Sony knew that people want it to play classics only, they wouldn't had wasted money to make a PS3. People want it a new console with HD graphics and that's what Sony gave them. The only ones whining for BC are idiots that dont understand.

Yes, the old PS3 was like 700$, and that didnt help Sony alot. People want it a cheaper console, so Sony had to remove unnecessary features that cost alot to manufacture, so they can lower the price of the PS3. By readind your comments, I see that you dont understand, or maybe you just dont want to, and if thats the case I wont bother arguing with you anymore. If you care, read the links that I posted and do some research. See ya.

Aniki 08-25-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zagato289 (Post 764593)
Sony does have a solution for people who want to play old games, and guess what it is? that's right, the beautiful PS2. For your information, the PS3 can also play PS1 game disk. Trust me, if Sony knew that people want it to play classics only, they wouldn't had wasted money to make a PS3. People want it a new console with HD graphics and that's what Sony gave them. The only ones whining for BC are idiots that dont understand.

Yes, the old PS3 was like 700$, and that didnt help Sony alot. People want it a cheaper console, so Sony had to remove unnecessary features that cost alot to manufacture, so they can lower the price of the PS3. By readind your comments, I see that you dont understand, or maybe you just dont want to, and if thats the case I wont bother arguing with you anymore. If you care, read the links that I posted and do some research. See ya.

Is it really so hard for your to realize that not everyone wants to have 5-10 consoles under their TV, or to keep pilling their rooms with their packed old consoles having to unpack them every time they have a nostalgia to play an old game? You really don't get it how people could enjoy having to play the old games upscaled with a wireless controller?
And you call those who want BC idiots without using your own head.

elisha122 08-25-2009 05:05 PM

good

people me i am in uganda and i have liked the ps3 new modle but i wonder when it will reach us i am in east africa love ya alll

Megabyte117 08-26-2009 12:07 AM

Quote:

Sony does have a solution for people who want to play old games, and guess what it is? that's right, the beautiful PS2.

:rolleyes: Yep, I really want to go out and buy TWO freaking consoles.

Quote:

Yes, the old PS3 was like 700$, and that didnt help Sony alot.
That's understating it a bit.

Quote:

People want it a cheaper console, so Sony had to remove unnecessary features that cost alot to manufacture, so they can lower the price of the PS3.
Lol. There's a rumor about the 360 Elite's price being lowered, but I don't see Xbox Live or backwards compatibility being removed. Pfft.

Quote:

By readind your comments, I see that you dont understand, or maybe you just dont want to, and if thats the case I wont bother arguing with you anymore. If you care, read the links that I posted and do some research. See ya.
The PS3 is attempting to make one last stand on its dying legs. Most everyone that wants Blu-Ray already has it, and those that don't are not likely of the PS3 crowd.

iPhantom 08-26-2009 07:38 AM

Quote:

LOL, so Sony suggest to not buy a PS3 for BC and a PS2? How does that makes sense? Not sure who's the idiot here.

Zagato289 08-27-2009 05:38 AM

Some of you just dont understand. Here are the final words from Sony: PlayStation LifeStyle
And if you dont like it, deal with it. Some of you should do some research before posting stupid comments without even knowing the information. This will be one of my last comments for this topic because some of you just dont want to understand and think, so dont expect more from me in this thread. See ya.

Zagato289 08-27-2009 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 765029)
LOL, so Sony suggest to not buy a PS3 for BC and a PS2? How does that makes sense? Not sure who's the idiot here.

Dude, you are retard,lol. you dont make any sense.

Zagato289 08-27-2009 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megabyte117 (Post 764985)
:rolleyes: Yep, I really want to go out and buy TWO freaking consoles.

That's understating it a bit.

Lol. There's a rumor about the 360 Elite's price being lowered, but I don't see Xbox Live or backwards compatibility being removed. Pfft.

The PS3 is attempting to make one last stand on its dying legs. Most everyone that wants Blu-Ray already has it, and those that don't are not likely of the PS3 crowd.

wow, you should really think before posting. Read my comments carefully.Sony is not making you buy 2 console. Its up to you if you want to play BC. Thats old gen. Do you even know the hardware the PS3 and 360 is made of? The ps3 has really expensive hardware, for example: blu ray drive,built in wi fi, sensor buttons,sliding disk tray,etc. Now that they remove some stuff, they are lowering the price. The 360 has cheaper hardware, so they can lower the price anytime they want. For your info, the PS3 is not dying; its rising.