JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
08-27-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagato289 View Post
that was then. i told you its rising now.
VG247

NPD sales figures show the other way. Sorry buddy.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-28-2009, 04:01 AM

Quote:
that was then. i told you its rising now.
I sense a person who is still attempting to justify their $600 purchase...

Please provide statistics.

But here's the thing. As the 360 has been cheaper for several years now, there are many people who own one and have heavily invested in games, accessories, etc. And they likely don't feel the inclination to purchase a system with increasingly few exclusives.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

08-28-2009, 05:19 AM

Sorry, when I said that the ps3 it's rising, I refer to the features, not sales. You guys thought I was talking about sales, but I wasn't. I was talking about features.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#14 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
08-28-2009, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Sorry, when I said that the ps3 it's rising, I refer to the features, not sales. You guys thought I was talking about sales, but I wasn't. I was talking about features.
LOL

You said earlier to my quote which talked about sales that it wasn't rising back then but it's rising now. you talked about features? Which features weren't rising back then lmfao.

You're clearly desperate.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Nathan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-28-2009, 04:36 PM

Edit:
The 360 has lost some exclusive titles to the PC, but that is partially due to how easy it is to port from the 360 to the PC. There are still games that are available on the 360 that never make it to the PC, much to my dismay. The DLC expansion to GTA IV comes to mind.

Last edited by Nathan : 08-28-2009 at 04:40 PM.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

08-28-2009, 04:38 PM

Console fanboyism is as amusing as it is pointless.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Nathan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-28-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Console fanboyism is as amusing as it is pointless.
To each his own I would say.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-28-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
its been rising since it started. Like I always tell you, do some research. The 360 has lost almost all its exclusive to PC.
Who runs the pc market? Microsoft, so I really don't see the problem there. That said, PC gaming is seen as something different then console gaming, so usually they are not considered when you compare consoles.

Specs say the ps3 has more power, but when it comes to reality no one can really code games right for the ps3 to take advantage of that power. Thus most games either run very similar to the 360 or worse (yes there are quite a few games that run worse on the ps3 compared to the 360 take Ghostbusters for example). Another problem is the almost requirement to download games to the ps3 (which does take a good amount of time), while the 360 has made that optional (which is a bad side effect of blue-ray, which on it's own is not the best format). While the 360 is a bad designed console, it is easy to code for, thus making it developer friendly and able to keep a steady frame rate.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

08-28-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solemnclockwork View Post
Who runs the pc market? Microsoft, so I really don't see the problem there. That said, PC gaming is seen as something different then console gaming, so usually they are not considered when you compare consoles.

Specs say the ps3 has more power, but when it comes to reality no one can really code games right for the ps3 to take advantage of that power. Thus most games either run very similar to the 360 or worse (yes there are quite a few games that run worse on the ps3 compared to the 360 take Ghostbusters for example). Another problem is the almost requirement to download games to the ps3 (which does take a good amount of time), while the 360 has made that optional (which is a bad side effect of blue-ray, which on it's own is not the best format). While the 360 is a bad designed console, it is easy to code for, thus making it developer friendly and able to keep a steady frame rate.
very true about 360. the ps3 has an amasing power, but only skill devs know how to use it. Only a few have done it, and they have produce really amazing looking games like KZ2 and Uncharted. Other devs are learning how to work on the ps3 and others are giving up.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#20 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

08-28-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
LOL

You said earlier to my quote which talked about sales that it wasn't rising back then but it's rising now. you talked about features? Which features weren't rising back then lmfao.

You're clearly desperate.
Online features, look back at the online features that the ps3 had then, and look at them now. the online has been improving since launch.

--Jaka