JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Video Games & Toys (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/)
-   -   Maple Story (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/28489-maple-story.html)

Baubles 10-29-2009 03:06 AM

Maple Story

I know it's Korean but does anyone play Maple Story?

JayT 10-29-2009 03:08 AM

No! I remember when I was in high school, all these kids were obsessed with this game. So I tried it out, and it was so damn random. I had to fight mushrooms for crying out loud. The whole time I thought the game had something to do with pancakes, but I was oh so wrong.

smbx33 10-29-2009 05:34 AM

dont play free games will u will just be dissapointed in the end

Macresco 10-29-2009 09:59 AM

I'm an occasional player, however I play EMS [Europe MapleStory].

I did used to play GMS [Global MapleStory], but I quit for EMS when it was released. Been on an off ever since, played many characters. My highest ever character is a level 73 Fire/Poison Mage called Dunce on EMS.

Baubles 10-29-2009 08:53 PM

While I agree that free MMO's are lacking in depth believe it or not there are some people who can't afford $15 a month for any popular MMO.

smbx33 10-30-2009 01:07 AM

most "free" mmos will have you paying WAY more than that for "premium" items and to even have a fair chance against the rest u need premium items....

For example im hooked on this free mmo, Silkroad.

Its a great game but the lvl cap is 100 right now and without a bot (program that levels for you) 7usd a month cheapest u can find..

And a "premium" ticket its hard to even get in the server...(thats how packed it is) the cheapest premium is 15 usd.

My point is that there are many free games selling items to get the "upper" hand but thats not it, there are many games out there that make it hard to progress throughout the game unless you fork over some serious cash..

Give up now, and save a P2p game in the long run its worth it more..since P2p accounts usually sell for more and belive me you will quit eventually.

Baubles 10-31-2009 01:46 AM

Yes but who doesn't eventually quit playing a certain game. We can't all be paying for everything. It's like paying for Youtube to play a p2p game. I played World of Warcraft for a year. And it was a drain on my wallet. So I decided to play a free MMO.

smbx33 10-31-2009 07:55 PM

good luck at being good at any free mmo without forking over huge amounts of cash..

when you find one let me know lol

Baubles 11-02-2009 01:42 AM

Actually I have thought a long time about what you said and while it is more convenient to play a pay to play game. I as I was playing Combat Arms (Online FPS) also by Nexon. I discovered I would rather pay for special powers and items and buffs then playing a pay to play game.

Kurochii 11-11-2009 01:41 PM

It's my favorite MMORPG :'D It's so cute and stuff I've played GMS(Global MapleStory) for a really long time now it's harder to lvl so I play a Private Server ^^