JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Samael (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Armored Core anyone? - 03-09-2007, 04:53 AM

I know there's gotta be some Ravens in a joint like this. Whose stoked for AC4? I know it's been out in Japan for a while now, but for us Yanks it's still about a week off and I'm getting antsy. From what I've seen I love the new style, and the gameplay changes, though severe, are exactly the kind of thing I've always wanted them to do. This is how I always envisioned Armored Core. Flashy, balls out mech combat at a wicked fast pace.

My personal notes: I've been playing since AC2, and played religiously for years. I had to give it up on the recent instalments though, as the gameplay changes (booster heating, crappy stats on everything, anal rententivly strict energy mechanics ect.) basically fragged my playing style, which is light weight high speed bi-ped with dual machine guns. So for the moment I still roll with AC3: Silent Line because I feel it focused more on action packed gameplay then trying to ballance the stats on EVERYTHING and making it "real" at the expense of making it nigh unplayable for those of us who enjoy faster machines. Pardon me, I'm still sore over Last Raven. >_> Moving right along...

I can't wait to dive right into AC4, which finally has online fucking play after all these years. of course the second it hits X-box it's online because, no offense guys, PS online capability sucks (yes even PS3). Kept us waiting long enough eh? Enough with the sarcasm.

So, am I the only Raven in here or what? Speak up, and get ready to be smacked down on X-box live. My staple design is called Royal Flush for a reason, it beats everything. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G .

just yanking ya. :P
(#2 (permalink))
Old
SamuraiAlchemistNinja (Offline)
Tired Philosopher...

Send a message via Yahoo to SamuraiAlchemistNinja
04-20-2007, 03:52 PM

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about (never played the game), But it sounds wicked hot so...hmmm. I've heard of the Ac2 and Ac3 but I didn't know there was supposed to be an Ac4...

I'm pretty content with life right now....For the most part, anyway....Well, at least, I'm pretty sure I am....
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Samael (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-20-2007, 04:52 PM

Finally someone shows some interest. XD

It absolutly is. I've been playing for a few months now since I posted this. It's for Xbox and Playstation this time around, and they completly reworked the gameplay and the graphics engine to make for one hell of an intense experience. There is a very steep learning curve, especially if you're used to the mechanics of the older games. I would say newer players actually have an easier time since they arn't boged down into certain tecniques developed from years of practice that really don't translate well, and a lot of the weapons don't behave the way they used to, so I had to make a drastic switch in play style to be competetive in online play. I'm now using swarmer missles and dual high powered rifles, and I'm mostly an aerial combatant. Almost a complete 180* turn from my older designs, which were ground based machine gunners.

This actually isn't the fourth game, it's the fourth major installment. All told this is the eleventh installment of the series when the expansions and side stories are included.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Wyverian (Offline)
The Truly Insane One

Send a message via ICQ to Wyverian Send a message via AIM to Wyverian Send a message via MSN to Wyverian Send a message via Yahoo to Wyverian Send a message via Skype™ to Wyverian
11-14-2007, 09:40 AM

Haven't touched 4 for the simple fact it won't let me transfer my mechs from Silent Line, and for the record my mechs on Silent Line are close to Gods... I remain undefeated on that game.