JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

12-04-2009, 12:50 PM

I'd say Final Fantasy X-2 is the #1 in my 'worst games ever played' list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcewindDude View Post
My game is the none-too-soon-forgotten Daikatana.
I know a good game that suffered because of that joke of a video game.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
IcewindDude (Offline)
JF Regular

12-04-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuk999 View Post
LOL
I haven't played it but I already knew I wasn't going to play it when I saw it's gameplay footage trailer ohh..I dunno a while back in the summer.
As for a game I extremely don't like I'd say L4D2 (demo) because I've only played the demo and personally...I don't see anything "new" about it because all it REALLY does is bring a few new weapons (melee's + new weapons) which I will admit are kinda nice but don't justify the price of $50. And of course the new zombies such as charger, jockey, etc. that really aren't that much greater..infact I consider the jockey an annoyance, but maybe the directors were going for that lol. But ultimately the reason why that game doesn't go well with me is because of the music.. i ABSOLUTELY DESPISE IT, because who puts that kind of music in a zombie game. YouTube - l4d2 music
Lol! That's the game I am playing the most right now. It probably helps that I did not play the last game so it's all new and well done to me.

And the music in a zombie game? Alternative rock/hard rock is in almost everything associated with modern zombies. And in the case of this game, one of the levels actually has a concert for the stage, so the music fits even better.

Also, since the game takes place in the South and in New Orleans, the music is appropriately themed and fits right it when playing. Hence, the addition of "The Saints go Marching in (The Saints Will Never Come)".
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Ryuk999 (Offline)
PC gamer

12-04-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcewindDude View Post
Lol! That's the game I am playing the most right now. It probably helps that I did not play the last game so it's all new and well done to me.

And the music in a zombie game? Alternative rock/hard rock is in almost everything associated with modern zombies. And in the case of this game, one of the levels actually has a concert for the stage, so the music fits even better.

Also, since the game takes place in the South and in New Orleans, the music is appropriately themed and fits right it when playing. Hence, the addition of "The Saints go Marching in (The Saints Will Never Come)".
Well what I meant by the music more specifically is that in my mind I don't see a southern place such as new orleans being the background to a zombie/shooter game and that the music, to me, seems so orchistrated for a zombie game (ex: why put a trumpet in a zombie game? sure it's new orleans but this is a zombie game with trumpets? not working for me).

Also why make a huge shift in characters? I liked the original Zoey, Bill, Francis, and my fav Louis so i think they should've kept them (if they kept them it would most likely lead me to buying L4D2) they easily could have done this by using a little video or something to fill the gaps of "storyline" to have it make some kind of sense instead of popping out of no where. And that's basically what they did with these new characters, atleast that's the way I see it.

(#14 (permalink))
Old
FeyOberon (Offline)
JF Regular

12-04-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiki View Post
I played this game called ever grace. It was terrabad the graphics were a joke only trumped by the first .hack game.
Ha! Evergrace sucked so bad it was hilarious. And it was one of the first PS2 games I ever played . . . . Kinda' gives you a warped perspective of what the platform can do.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

12-07-2009, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeyOberon View Post
Ha! Evergrace sucked so bad it was hilarious. And it was one of the first PS2 games I ever played . . . . Kinda' gives you a warped perspective of what the platform can do.
I got evergrace in 2008 so it was a huge shock to me that graphics could suck like that and fighting be that bad. Especially since they had games like FFX out a year later it really shows you how much they learned to do in a year.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Gokeiken (Offline)
New to JF

12-19-2009, 02:16 AM

World of Warcraft
period
(#17 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-20-2009, 09:51 PM

I hate world of warcraft because it has stolen so many of my friends.
I played the DJ hero demo and found that pretty rubbish, like most of the hero/band stuff, but giving up hope of real bemani games making it onto 360 other than rubbishy ddr universe, ick a game I should have loved but thought was really aweful! the modes made no sence, the songs weren't right, all I wanted was something that resembled the PS2 games. *sigh*
(#18 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

12-20-2009, 09:58 PM

Spiderman games T_T
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Encyclopod (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Encyclopod
12-22-2009, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobora View Post
Spiderman games T_T
D:
I always thought the spiderman games were very entertaining, I've played since Dreamcast all the way through classic xbox and always thought the script was hilarious.

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
(#20 (permalink))
Old
JayT (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-22-2009, 02:33 AM

Spiderman games with the free roaming are badass.

[<--Nan's heart!]