JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
sdbri (Offline)
New to JF

Import Picks - 12-09-2009, 01:38 AM

What are your top import picks of games only available in Japan? Always looking for new ideas.

Here's some of my picks:
* Gundam vs. Gundam PSP, Gundam Destiny PSP - Awesome "virtual-on" type fighting, same as the arcade games of the same name.

* Rhythm Tengoku - Much better than Rhythm Heaven (the sequel).

* Game and Watch 2 - brings back memories, remake of first game I ever played (has Octopus and Parachute).

* Boku no kuse ni - First in this series has been localized as "Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman", but there is now an expansion and a sequel.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
12-09-2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbri View Post
* Boku no kuse ni - First in this series has been localized as "Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman", but there is now an expansion and a sequel.
Perhaps you mean Yuusha no kuse ni namaiki da?

I don`t really know what was and wasn`t localized for outside of Japan, but some I am pretty sure weren`t;

Most of the Summon Night series, including the latest DS one. There might be plans to localize the last, but as far as I know the PS1/PS2 ones were never released outside Japan. They are excellent strategy games.

Ore no shikabane wo koete yuke is also a great game that I spent incredible amounts of time playing back when it was released.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
sdbri (Offline)
New to JF

12-11-2009, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Ore no shikabane wo koete yuke is also a great game that I spent incredible amounts of time playing back when it was released.
Yeah, it was yuusha. I looked up Ore no shikabane, definitely sounds interesting!