JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Fallyn (Offline)
New to JF

All About Resident Evil A.K.A. Biohazard - 12-14-2009, 05:37 AM

So I've been playing Resident Evil ever since the first game was released and have noticed quite a few changes and I'm not just talking about the graphics. I do appreciate the change from club like hands to actually fingers. Thank you Capcom. But I've also felt like the true story of Resident Evil isn't really there anymore. Like it died out pretty much after the 3 or 4th game and by the 5th game it really wasn't the Resident Evil we known and come to love.

The T-virus disappeared as well as the G-virus, Umbrella fell apart as talked about. And then soon too the zombies disappeared replaced along with the gore, the dark rooms in freaky mansions with the best music ever, the typewriters and files that were at times sadistic or sad diaries that pulled you into a deeper conspiracy. Sure we have the characters but it's like there past seems sort of forgotten as well as the others who survived but we've never heard of ever again. Rebecca, Billy, Barry, Sherry Birkin, Ada after RE4, Carlos etc.. These peeps made the games what they were too no matter how great Chris and Jill may be. And of course Wesker too.

Did I mention the lack of gore and blood which seemed so apparent before?
I don't know it may be me, if it is oh well, but it seems Resident Evil is losing it's Evil and becoming just another one of those shooters. -shudders-

Let me know what you think, I know there are other RE fans out there, come out come out wherever you are...>.>

“Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist.” ~Epicurus
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Fallyn (Offline)
New to JF

12-14-2009, 06:13 AM

Oh I so remember that. Those were the good days, I was like seven then and would play in the dark just so I could get the daylights scared out of me when you walked next to a corpse and it grabbed at you. LMAO The best. And yes Sheva does suck, and Chris looks as if he inhaled steroids. Jill blonde=WTF? I did like her in her BSAA outfit though. The only good. Oh and the bird lady outfit was pretty neat as well as her kicking butt lol Other than that -sniffle- My zombies and crows are gone. NOOOOO!!!

“Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist.” ~Epicurus
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

12-14-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallyn View Post
I don't know it may be me, if it is oh well, but it seems Resident Evil is losing it's Evil and becoming just another one of those shooters. -shudders-
Can't argue with that.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
BlacKitty89 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-14-2009, 07:06 PM

I think you're right...Resident Evil lost much of it's Evil and is becoming a shooter game.
But it's pretty much fun. I love Resident Evil 5...and I like Sheva (my friend and I play as a team and I'm Sheva so she can't suck...I'm just too good! )...there are scary moments as well but the setting sometimes looks like an Indiana Jones movie...I'd prefer the old settings like you had in Resident Evil Outbreak for example...
And the story's so weird sometimes...
By the way: Wesker sucks...he looks gay....(I'm sorry..doesn't mean that I dislike gay....)

+{Member of the Crusnik Clan: Crusnik 09}+
+{Codename: Esther}+

(#5 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

12-14-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
I remember when I was really young I woke up really late at night to play the original resident evil. After the scene where u open the door and the zombie is eating the other dude.. I turned it off LOL.
I had nightmares about that scene. Seriously lol.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Fallyn (Offline)
New to JF

12-15-2009, 12:30 AM

Well it does help if you can play RE5, I've had played online sometimes and there are people who are my partners that I wish I had the option to annhilated myself becuase they keep getting us killed. >.< I have to say too the figurine thing is pretty nice, they had a minier version in RE4 and went nuts w/this one, and Wesker yes, Wesker looked terrible in this game. He just looked like he was wearing some space spandex and was going to start dancing it was all so wrong. >.> -shudders- He was the bad guy to beat though and so now the question is who's going to be the bad guy now? They're killing off the story.

Not to mention adding in "additions" to the figurines well at least to the Jill brainwashed one. X-box version has it, don't know about the PS3 one though. I about fell off my rocker when I first saw. O.o

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
12-17-2009, 05:28 PM

I really hope they just re-boot the series with 6 and give it a more old-school feel, I'm f'ing sick of monsters dropping ammo and jewels and shit. =/

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Fallyn (Offline)
New to JF

12-17-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
I really hope they just re-boot the series with 6 and give it a more old-school feel, I'm f'ing sick of monsters dropping ammo and jewels and shit. =/
Oh good I know, since when did the monsters and undead have a love for shiny things? -eye roll- Makes so much more sense when you find stuff in lockers, on the ground behind bookcases etc..You appreciated what you had weapon wise more so too, at least I did, my aim got better so I could conserve the precious ammo I had. Of course if and when 6 comes out it won't be for a few years at least that's what the word is from big heads themselves. Lame. >.<