JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-09-2010, 09:16 PM

whoever churns these gadgets out must rub their hands with glee knowing that there are so many out there who simply Must have the latest gadget-- but really is it worth it? are they so much better?

same with mobiles etc, when will the public ever be satisfied? who pays for every new model? Is it really necessary?
(#12 (permalink))
Old
x2cool (Offline)
LawBringerSR2

Send a message via AIM to x2cool
09-09-2010, 09:53 PM

It's not necessary, but I think it's just that when some one see's something new, they want it. Well... at least thats how I am. And also I think it's a bit of "shame" maybe? When ever you see someone texting, they have the newest phone or something, and I wouldn't wants to take out an "antique" phone then. Maybe it's the same with the DS?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
DaisukeKigurou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-12-2010, 02:21 AM

I see no problems with the 3DS it seems pretty interesting. From what I saw in the E3 video you can, play DS games on it, games made for the 3DS, you can watch movies on it, and a few other things I forget.

There is even going to be a TON of RPGs for the system, I can't WAIT for that!! Oh and I think you can also use the 3DS to watch anime on. I hope, it still has the SD card slot so you CAN do that.

I'd be awesome to be able to reach out and touch the your favorite character, and beat up the characters you hate XD.

Oh, and if it still has that loop hole in the system you can download games that you don't have and play them on the system TOO!!!

~苦痛は中心、それはある から来る; 憎む人によって引き起こされる。~
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Qayin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-23-2010, 11:47 AM

I bought my DS Lite for almost 3 years, so I don't feel really piss off by this.

But I imagine if I just bought the i or i-XL recently, now I may feel like

-"Oh S....t, I just bought my DS then next generation DS is coming, then I have very few time to play the original DS game before having to migrate to 3DS because no new DS games coming out."

It feel like when PS2 came out and I still play PS1 with no new great game coming out for PS1.

I don't care about the system upgrade that much, so I didn't buy DSi because I feel like it's still the same platform as DS and DS-lite, but I think I gotta buy 3DS someday because at that time there won't be new DS game come out anymore.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
hinata2 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to hinata2 Send a message via Yahoo to hinata2
09-23-2010, 03:45 PM

The rumor is the release date fir the 3DS is November 20
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-24-2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2cool View Post
I think I'll get the 3DS, if.... there are some good rpg games for it. Otherwise I won't buy it. And I heard on g4tv that looking at the 3DS screen from the side makes you dizzy.
Why would you look at it from the side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qayin View Post
I bought my DS Lite for almost 3 years, so I don't feel really piss off by this.

But I imagine if I just bought the i or i-XL recently, now I may feel like

-"Oh S....t, I just bought my DS then next generation DS is coming, then I have very few time to play the original DS game before having to migrate to 3DS because no new DS games coming out."

It feel like when PS2 came out and I still play PS1 with no new great game coming out for PS1.

I don't care about the system upgrade that much, so I didn't buy DSi because I feel like it's still the same platform as DS and DS-lite, but I think I gotta buy 3DS someday because at that time there won't be new DS game come out anymore.
I think it's been over a year since I bought my DSi, and the 3DS won't be out until next March or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinata2 View Post
The rumor is the release date fir the 3DS is November 20
Maybe in Japan. Not in the US.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
ZeldaHyrule (Offline)
New to JF

09-28-2010, 04:29 PM

I'm really excited about the 3ds. We'll just have to hope and really pray that those 3rd party developers make use of this technology to the fullest.