(#1 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

Nintendo 3DS - 06-18-2010, 10:25 PM

Nintendo E3 Network | Nintendo 3DS

Sounds really cool and worth getting!

Any opinions?

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

06-18-2010, 10:46 PM

I'd be pretty pissed if I'd already purchased a DSi or DX XL. It sometimes seems like Nintendo shafts people more than Microsoft.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#3 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-18-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
I'd be pretty pissed if I'd already purchased a DSi or DX XL. It sometimes seems like Nintendo shafts people more than Microsoft.
Well, yes and no. I mean anymore you can play the old software on the new systems, and I assume if you bought a DS recently, you did not pay as much as it was when it first came out.

Maybe thats just me though. I love video games, but I hardly ever buy new systems when the just come out anymore. I have to wait and see who is going to make the games that I want to play the most.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-18-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Why? It's 3D without glasses. That has nothing to do with, say, the advantages of the big XL screen. And they announced they were making it a while back, so it wasn't exactly a surprise.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

06-19-2010, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Why? It's 3D without glasses. That has nothing to do with, say, the advantages of the big XL screen. And they announced they were making it a while back, so it wasn't exactly a surprise.
It's just me, but I can't stand not having the newest things. They might have listed the 3DS a while back, but it sucks to have to choose between two completely different products. To you, the XL screen may be good, but to someone else, the 3D is good. Nintendo forces buyers to choose by putting several variations out on the market at the same time. It's not like it's a newer model, like from the DS to the DSi, but a different product. That's how I see it anyway.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-19-2010, 01:19 AM

Quote:
It's just me, but I can't stand not having the newest things. They might have listed the 3DS a while back, but it sucks to have to choose between two completely different products. To you, the XL screen may be good, but to someone else, the 3D is good. Nintendo forces buyers to choose by putting several variations out on the market at the same time. It's not like it's a newer model, like from the DS to the DSi, but a different product. That's how I see it anyway.
I guess I am not understanding what the problem is. If they are going to put out more than one model in a year, I would rather it be something different (like XL and 3DS) than just an upgrade (like DS to DS lite). THEN I feel ripped off for buying the earlier model.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-19-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
If you have already purchased a DSi or a DS XL, it isn't really a big deal because the 3DS is something totally different.

Personally, I'd say a DSi isn't really worth it, so I don't have one. I'd consider a DS XL, because it's different. The DSi isn't different enough to the DS Lite to warrant me buying another.
For me the DS and DSi are pretty different with the camera and mic options. It makes it much more interactive device.

But you are right, the 3DS is not a replacement, but a different system.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-07-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlink2010 View Post
Yes. The whole point of making the 3DS, was to have games in 3D.
The normal DS doesnt have the technology built in the 3DS to make games 3D. However, its just a scam. The 3DS has a button on the side that you Slide left and right. If you slide it all the way to the right, it has no 3D effect. If you slide it left, the 3D effect increases. So its not authentic 3D, just a button that messes with the display to give a 3D effect. Its not the best thing in the world. But the 3DS does have some other features that make it worth while buying.
Sorry, I really don't get this, it's like saying 'The 3DS plays games in 3D, which is what it's advertised as doing and what consumers want, but despite it displaying games in 3D, it's a scam'. . . Why is it a scam when it does exactly what it claims to do?

Personally I love the DS. I don't really like games consoles that much, but since I got my DS when it first came out I still find myself playing it even now, like six years later. The DS has some great games in my opinion and some innovative ideas, so I really look forward to the 3DS I haven't actually seen any 3D TVs, but the fact that the 3DS can be in 3D without requiring those idiotic glasses - and is affordable - seems like a great idea to me. Assuming that the 3D graphics are what they live up to be then it sounds like a fabulous console.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
V1nn1 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-09-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post
Nintendo E3 Network | Nintendo 3DS

Sounds really cool and worth getting!

Any opinions?
Looks cool indeed, don't know if I'm going to get it. But my DS Lite is getting older...
(#10 (permalink))
Old
x2cool (Offline)
LawBringerSR2

Send a message via AIM to x2cool
09-09-2010, 08:21 PM

I think I'll get the 3DS, if.... there are some good rpg games for it. Otherwise I won't buy it. And I heard on g4tv that looking at the 3DS screen from the side makes you dizzy.