JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Video Games & Toys (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/)
-   -   The Best RPG video game! (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/3478-best-rpg-video-game.html)

Harajuku_Pimp 04-04-2007 03:14 PM

The Best RPG video game!

Hey Guys, and girls, I wanna know what RPG video game you think is the best. I listed a few choices above.

TheDemonNaruto 04-04-2007 03:18 PM

Radiata Stories is an awesome RPG,seriously,it MAY be the best,it's all I can think of right now

dragonrazor 04-04-2007 03:20 PM

i'd have to say either Phantasy Star 4, Shining Force 2, the original Lunar, Albert Odyssey for the Saturn, or Star Ocean: The Second Story

Harajuku_Pimp 04-04-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonrazor (Post 81241)
i'd have to say either Phantasy Star 4, Shining Force 2, the original Lunar, Albert Odyssey for the Saturn, or Star Ocean: The Second Story

Please chose one because there cannot be more than one best.

dragonrazor 04-04-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harajuku_Pimp (Post 81243)
Please chose one because there cannot be more than one best.

hmmm....i'd have to go with Star Ocean 2 then....

Harajuku_Pimp 04-04-2007 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonrazor (Post 81247)
hmmm....i'd have to go with Star Ocean 2 then....

Wait there's a Star Ocean 2?

I think that RPG video games that always put out new games are lame because they always have to there buyers interested. If the games were truly great they'd only have to release one games and let everyone play because if it were truly i should never become lame.

TheDemonNaruto 04-04-2007 03:30 PM

That's how Radiata is,there's only 1 but I dunno if they're working on a second or not, the end of the game did seem like it could use a slight sequel to it :confused:

dragonrazor 04-04-2007 03:31 PM

actually, there are FOUR star ocean games...the first one was for the Super Famicom (the japanese SNES)...the second was for PSX...the third was for the japanese Game Boy Color, and the last one (the only one i didn't really like) is for PS2...it's called Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, and everything but the graphics and voiceovers are LAME

AoshiShinomori 04-04-2007 03:56 PM

Within the limited knowledge of what I've played I'd have to stick with FF for the PS2.

On the PC however, there was a game called "Vampire, The Masquerade: Redemption" which was certainly the best I've played from a story and character outline perspective.

So for now I vote FF.

dragonrazor 04-04-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AoshiShinomori (Post 81295)
Within the limited knowledge of what I've played I'd have to stick with FF for the PS2.

On the PC however, there was a game called "Vampire, The Masquerade: Redemption" which was certainly the best I've played from a story and character outline perspective.

So for now I vote FF.

*gibs you a game in the Phantasy Star series*