JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ForReal (Offline)
I`m Da Awesome

Send a message via Skype™ to ForReal
Exclamation What do u think of Black ops? - 11-15-2010, 09:34 PM

What is your guys out put on the new game black ops go into detail on what you think about it?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
TheContract318 (Offline)
New to JF

11-16-2010, 08:33 PM

Personally I really like the game. I have only played the multiplayer so I will comment just on that. It is a lot of fun and it feels like a call of duty game. Here are my thoughts:

Good
-Weapon selection, lots of different options depending on what you use. Personally I like single shot weapons so I use the FAL.
-Perks, they are well balanced and I am glad they do not have an unlimited sprint perk like that did in MW2, which just set up for knife runners.
-Customization, you are able to completely personalize your experience, which is nice considering this is what call of duty was lacking. You can change your facepaint, customize your gun, and create a unique player logo.
-Theatre, it is nice to be able to save that game that you went 40 and 0 and show your friends later.

Bad
-The one major complaint I have with this game is the kill streaks, although some of them are kind of kool (attack dogs) others seem tacky and lack really any use. The RC cars are an annoyance and really take away from the experience of war. There also seems to be no use for a SAM anti aircraft kill streak when there are so many better alternatives.
-there also seems to be some inconsistency with the knife. The range seems to be further than in previous games, however many times you will not get the lunge you need to get the kill. It may be my inexperience, but it overall feels less natural than it did in previous games.

These are my thoughts, however there are a lot of other new things that I haven't mentioned that really make this game great. Like it or not, Treyarch is the only true COD developer now, and this game proved that they can contend with the Modern Warfare titles. It has a fun multiplayer experience, and from what I hear the single player is great. The Zombie mode is also hella fun if you can find 3 other friends to cover your back.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

11-16-2010, 08:51 PM

well. SP campaign was awesome. also zombie mode is a nice touch.
i feel that somehow MP game-play is harder. my aim is a bit off - somehow once you start shooting its hard to follow target if its moving, your aim tends not to move easily.

but best thing - kill-streaks don't count towards new kill-streaks. so its not like before - get predator, with predator you get aircraft and that brings you to AC130. now you have to make the kills all the way to 11 - no short cuts.

P.S and hardcore mode seems easier than ever. 2 bullets and everyone is down. seems that bigger challenge is the default mode.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
TheContract318 (Offline)
New to JF

11-16-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
well. SP campaign was awesome. also zombie mode is a nice touch.
i feel that somehow MP game-play is harder. my aim is a bit off - somehow once you start shooting its hard to follow target if its moving, your aim tends not to move easily.

but best thing - kill-streaks don't count towards new kill-streaks. so its not like before - get predator, with predator you get aircraft and that brings you to AC130. now you have to make the kills all the way to 11 - no short cuts.

P.S and hardcore mode seems easier than ever. 2 bullets and everyone is down. seems that bigger challenge is the default mode.
That is a good point that your kill streaks dont count toward your next one, however I have heard that the RC car kills do. Either way it is a lot nicer knowing that someone cant chain their kill streaks from say a chopper gunner to a gunship. However, maybe it is just me but I feel like I can get the 11 kill streaks no problem every game, if not multiple times, where in MW2 it was a rare event for me to get an AC130. I also like how there is no longer a nuke kill streak. It seemed to set up for people to get a friend on the other team and then go to a corner of the map with a tactical insertion and just build kills so they can eventually end the game for everybody.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

11-16-2010, 10:51 PM

Liked:
- Automatic capability of the FAMAS. As a gun, the FAMAS has a signficantly good rate of fire capability. The fact that they opted more for the burst shot system in MW2, irked me somewhat.
- More customization options.
- Attack dog KS.
- Camera spike.
- Combat Training mode.
- Playback feature.
- More attention to detail on maps.

Disliked:
- Dedicated servers for PC.
- Removed some perks.
- Weapon selection seems lacking.
- Severely limited players' ability to fight creatively; blocked off pathways and hiding spots.
- Have to purchas weapons after unlocking them.
- Respawning system flaws. Respawns next to enemy positions.
- More close-quarters maps; fewer medium range - and close to no long-range - maps. If you're going to include sniper rifles, it would be nice to cater to their craft a little bit, instead of expecting people to "no-scope" or "quick-scope".
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-17-2010, 01:25 AM

It was crap.

The story was boring. The gameplay was decent.. nothing special though and when the story sucks the set pieces that you're running between lose their edge.

As for the multiplayer. Nothing can compete with Battlefield Bad Company 2's Rush mode. Vehicles, Destroyable environments, Squad support.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
BakaTensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to BakaTensei
11-17-2010, 02:31 AM

Good
Online is diffinitly better than the old ones, lot of complaints about RCs but the way I look at it is I'd rather have them that Pred Missiles, atleast RCs have to find you.
Attachments for guns is good and although pointless the "pimping up" guns part makes sitting and waiting for a game to begin alot less agonising
Levels in general are better than they were in previous ones
The wager matchs add a certain level of panic and exictment that COD lacked when compared to some other games

Bad
The storyline was dire at best, it was as if the creators watched lost and noticed there was alot of hype about the numbers and went "let us put numbers in our game". Lost dissapointed alot of its fans by the fans guessing what the island was after watching the first season and it taking a huge amount of time to just go "yea you were right and lets add all this other stupid stuff like numbers and a monster" I couldn't help but feel that the numbers were also pointless as well as the scenes that basically just told you what the other scene before told you but from a different person and tried to get off like "its a different scene...this ones a flashback". Also ripped of a few vietnamese films such as Deer Hunting (the russian roulettes scene) and yet again painted them as the bad guys (because people who invaded other peoples countries are good guys). In general the storyline was hard to follow until you got to the end and realised you didn't need to know anything apart from 3 things.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
NightBird (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to NightBird Send a message via Skype™ to NightBird
12-02-2010, 03:09 PM

I could'nt try COD7 because of it doesn't run properly on my computer...
(lagging 3 FPS even in menu --")

CPU problem and the patchs doesn't work...
(#9 (permalink))
Old
JojoBizarre (Offline)
JF Regular

12-02-2010, 03:18 PM

Still haven't receive the game, but it's my fault to wait for my friend at activision...
but for 20$ you can't go wrong!

Blame the others!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
NightBird (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to NightBird Send a message via Skype™ to NightBird
12-02-2010, 03:25 PM

20$ ?
Heu... T'es sur?
Chez nous c'est 70 € le jeu!

Well, this bug is not only on my PC... lots of players have the same bug and it's really bad...