JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Video Games & Toys (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/)
-   -   For Video Gamers: Third-person horror, survival action adventure (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/34888-video-gamers-third-person-horror-survival-action-adventure.html)

adem940 11-20-2010 06:30 PM

For Video Gamers: Third-person horror, survival action adventure

Third-person horror, survival action adventure.

SCIFFIX 11-29-2010 04:19 PM

I played Sillent Hill when I was only 9 years old. The game wasn't left me scared, but left me very impressed. I felt very bad when stopped playing so I tried to finish quick as could. Guess I was not prepared for the psychological pressure imposed by the game.

P.S.: Today I'm 19 and never played Sillent Hill again.
A friend gave me Sillent Hill 2, I'm analyzing the possibilty of play it on my university vacations.

Umihito 12-15-2010 02:49 AM

It has to be the Fatal Frame series! It's not just the best horror game I've played, but the best game I've played.... EVER

I actually can't believe I'm the only one that has given it a vote at the time of writing! :eek:

My favourite of the series is FF2. The story to it is so deep, and really makes you feel for every character, even the antagonist (who you actually end up feeling sorry for about half way through the game)! :cool:

hyperweirdness 04-24-2011 05:32 AM

they r all good games, haha so its hard to say what one is more or less the better horror game

SweetTooth 04-24-2011 05:45 PM

I voted Resident evil. I used to play it at 1 am and it definitely scared me :eek:

myk 04-24-2011 05:51 PM

resident evil nemesis is still one of my favorite games of all time

Emuishere 04-27-2011 04:51 AM

I've yet to play Silent Hill or Forbidden Siren, but I hope I will be able to get my hands on a copy soon. I loved Fatal Frame.

termogard 04-27-2011 12:14 PM

survival horror

I voted for Silent Hill. I played games from SH II to SH V.

Picard 05-01-2011 04:17 PM

While I really enjoy Resident Evil, especially the Mercenaries, it doesn't have the horror or survival feel to it. But Fatal Frame freaked me out. So I had to go with that one.

keeperxiii 05-26-2011 06:21 PM

I can't really comment on this because I'm yet to play Fatal Frame, Forbidden Siren or Clock Tower.

But, doesn't Fatal Frame count as a first person game too?

Although some of these aren't third person, I would them. As long as its a survival horror it should count :P:

Eternal Darkness - GC
Bioshock - PC/Xbox360/PS3
Alien vs Predator 2 - PC ---> The end of the first level as the marine will make you cry like a little girl
Amnesia: The Dark Descent - PC ---> cry even more
The Penumbra series of games - PC
Minecraft - PC :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by termogard (Post 863348)
I voted for Silent Hill. I played games from SH II to SH V.

Why don't you try the first one? The grainy look makes it extra creepy.