(#11 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
11-22-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
As for the gamers thing! Why are people treating this title as something to be proud of? Most of my ex colleague friends are gamers, but none of them wear this title as some sort of accomplishment!
It's already considered a sports, bro. You can even represent your nation in gaming.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
ModusOperandi (Offline)
JF Regular

11-22-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I hate it when people say if you don't play FPS you aren't a 'true', 'real' or 'hardcore' gamer. I think if you only play FPS you are majorly limiting yourself to the rich content that games provide. Saying that, the tag 'gamer' itself is odd. We don't say Movier or Reader etc for people who enjoy other types of entertainment.

( Oh and I voted Black Ops )
I think, in general, it's because gaming is more of an interactive mode of entertainment than the ones you mentioned. It's also very competitive and is usually designed around achieving some kind of goal/meeting a challenge.

I think the term seems okay for simply being a descriptive term. (Not that I'd call myself a hopscotcher if I enjoyed playing hopscotch lol...but maybe I would if the term was coined within the given community.)

As for the FPS debacle: Personally, I don't really care what a person plays/what they play it on. If they're playing games (even if it's just a single genre) then they're gaming which, in turn, makes them gamers. Although I fail to see what the appeal is in the traditional FPS games...Maybe hybrids like systemshock, Bioshock or Dues Ex >.>....but to each his/her own.

Note: I do not actually play hopscotch.

Last edited by ModusOperandi : 11-22-2010 at 03:45 PM.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

11-23-2010, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
FPS games are boring except for multiplayer. Single campaign games are usually very boring. The whole military thing was interesting in the first couple of Call of Duty games and the Modern Warfare reboot was good untill it got stupid in part 2 (Russia invading America? They hardly have the capability, not to mention they wouldn't invade over something like that). Halo and Killzone could have been good if Halo didn't have such a sh*t plotline and Killzone didn't have such annoyingly Gung-ho characters.

Anyway the king of FPS games for it's multiplayer is Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on Rush mode.

Puts all other FPS games to shame. Destructable environments, drivable vehicles and helicopters, squad based teamwork.
Agreed.

The first Halo's campaign was fun for me. It was great playing with friends. After that... it started to get dull. The Halo concept is respectable, there's a lot of work that's been put into the title... but somehow it doesn't seem to be as satisfying as it was designed to be. Though, their multiplayer aspect has always been a step above the story mode in terms of fun.

Bad Company 2 is a beast of an FPS -- particularly for those that can appreciate a higher level of realism. Destructable environments, unforgiving bullet physics, and vehicles: the three primary features that make for countless intense multi-player matches. Especially the bullet physics. It wards off a lot of the BOOM! heashot...! type-players, which is definitely good in my books. Don't forget Hardcore mode.

I like the CoD:MW series. Black Ops is annoyingly gimmicky, but MW2 before it was good, in my opinion. The customizable options (attachments, perks, equipment, gun camo) were fun to play around with.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
adem940 (Offline)
Paradise Lost

Send a message via MSN to adem940 Send a message via Yahoo to adem940
11-23-2010, 05:20 PM

hmm Black Ops and Battlefield Bad Company 2 are always my favorites, I'm also looking forward to play Medal of Honor.

(#15 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
11-24-2010, 05:05 AM

You forgot my favorites.. COunter-Strike 1.6 and Quake 3 Arena..

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#16 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
11-24-2010, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
Oh yes! Quake 3! My friends and I would hook up on the internet at school and annihilate each other, during lectures.

Incredibly late EDIT: I thought Serious Sam was reeeeaaaallyyyyyy fun, with the build-in humour and all that kick-ass crap.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 11-24-2010 at 07:32 AM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-24-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
FPS games are boring except for multiplayer. Single campaign games are usually very boring. The whole military thing was interesting in the first couple of Call of Duty games and the Modern Warfare reboot was good untill it got stupid in part 2 (Russia invading America? They hardly have the capability, not to mention they wouldn't invade over something like that). Halo and Killzone could have been good if Halo didn't have such a sh*t plotline and Killzone didn't have such annoyingly Gung-ho characters.

Anyway the king of FPS games for it's multiplayer is Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on Rush mode.

Puts all other FPS games to shame. Destructable environments, drivable vehicles and helicopters, squad based teamwork.
The single player campaign in the original Crysis was pretty good fun I thought. The multiplayer was crap. Better in Crysis 2 though.

Anyone played America's Army 3? Or the previous versions? Completely free to download and play and although plagued with quite a few bugs a pretty good FPS considering it's free.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
adem940 (Offline)
Paradise Lost

Send a message via MSN to adem940 Send a message via Yahoo to adem940
11-26-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
sorry, lol XD

(#19 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-26-2010, 06:02 PM

I liked Fallout 3....
(#20 (permalink))
Old
RTyokohama (Offline)
JF Regular

11-26-2010, 07:04 PM