JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Video Games & Toys (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/)
-   -   For Video Gamers: First-person shooter (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/34892-video-gamers-first-person-shooter.html)

adem940 11-20-2010 06:45 PM

For Video Gamers: First-person shooter

First-Person Shooter Games

Helsing 11-20-2010 10:51 PM

Call of Duty 7: Black Ops by Treyarch

Vinnythefox 11-21-2010 02:05 AM

Whoops

Oh sorry man, Liking FPS does not make you a gamer, If I absolutely had to choose it would be Half-Life 2 because it is least like an FPS.

ModusOperandi 11-21-2010 02:16 AM

Crysis 2 and Killzone 3 aren't even out yet so it would be kind of weird to vote wouldn't it?

Out of the rest, I'd opt for HalfLife 2 mainly out of nostalgia than anything else since I'm not really into FPSs
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnythefox (Post 838660)
Oh sorry man, Liking FPS does not make you a gamer

Why not?
What exactly classifies an individual as a gamer then?

Vinnythefox 11-21-2010 02:39 AM

Well I would consider a gamer to be someone who plays at least 2 different genre's, Otherwise I would consider them to be a casual gamer. I feel the word gamer applies to someone who has enjoyed gaming in at least a few different genre's and still enjoys more than just FPS. Ok I just guess I am angry at all the COD fangirls calling themselves gamers when this is solely what they have played for around a year, among other similar FPS games.

adem940 11-21-2010 08:28 AM

hehe, I know some of those games isnt released yet, but I just wanted to add them too, hmm maybe next time I should make a poll with different genres eh..

Vinnythefox 11-21-2010 09:15 AM

Yeah awesome, thats a great idea.

Ronin4hire 11-21-2010 07:34 PM

FPS games are boring except for multiplayer. Single campaign games are usually very boring. The whole military thing was interesting in the first couple of Call of Duty games and the Modern Warfare reboot was good untill it got stupid in part 2 (Russia invading America? They hardly have the capability, not to mention they wouldn't invade over something like that). Halo and Killzone could have been good if Halo didn't have such a sh*t plotline and Killzone didn't have such annoyingly Gung-ho characters.

Anyway the king of FPS games for it's multiplayer is Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on Rush mode.

Puts all other FPS games to shame. Destructable environments, drivable vehicles and helicopters, squad based teamwork.

CoolNard 11-22-2010 10:58 AM

I'm surprised Left 4 Dead and its sequel aren't on here. That game kicks ass, but can screw your balance when you play it in a dimly-lit cybercafe. I once asked my friend why he didn't wanna have a go, he said he was driving. Talk about engrossed! :rolleyes:

noodle 11-22-2010 11:11 AM

I've got dozens of games, loads of consoles, but the only game I seem to play is Halo. So obviously my vote goes to Halo! I haven't played campaign, and I probably wont, but it's the only game I enjoy playing online with my friends. I've totally lost interest in gaming ever since I worked in a games shop.

As for the gamers thing! Why are people treating this title as something to be proud of? Most of my ex colleague friends are gamers, but none of them wear this title as some sort of accomplishment!