JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Asian/Korean or Western MMORPG?
Korean/Asian 10 83.33%
Western 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
KungMartin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Korean MMORPG's - 11-23-2010, 03:24 AM

Who else here loves'em? I've always loved them ever since I started playing Lineage 2 in the American Open Beta back in early 2004 (and it was also my first mmorpg ever).

Right now I'm looking forward to TERA like crazy, it's supposedly using what was supposed to be Lineage 3's coding

just look how sweet it looks !!!

YouTube - Tera Online Party Boss Fight

pz ! <3

Last edited by KungMartin : 11-23-2010 at 03:27 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

11-23-2010, 03:42 PM

I thought Tera was canceled?

Yes, I think there's going to be a steady increase of production of Korean computer games in the near future. Their gaming community has been growing exceptionally well over the decade, and that almost ensures the creation of some modestly-nurtured games.

I played Aion for a while. I think a seperate, western section manages our servers. We didn't receive most of the latest Korean patches and content, and there were issues with balance, exploits, and a general lack of content. I ended up retiring from it early only for these reasons. Otherwise, it was a good game.
It may very well improve over time (and catch up with the Korean version).

In regard to the poll, I can't really choose. If I were to be completely honest, I think there are a lot of excellent Asian concepts to be learned from by the west, but the west, at the moment, seems to have a better grasp of the overall design -- probably due to higher budgets. One thing I've felt is that most Asian action games are stiff and tend to become too repetitive.

Last edited by Jaydelart : 11-23-2010 at 03:48 PM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
adem940 (Offline)
Paradise Lost

Send a message via MSN to adem940 Send a message via Yahoo to adem940
11-23-2010, 05:07 PM

I play Rappelz Online and I am also looking forward to play Tera Online ^^

(#4 (permalink))
Old
KungMartin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-23-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
I thought Tera was canceled?
Nope!!

Quote:
Yes, I think there's going to be a steady increase of production of Korean computer games in the near future. Their gaming community has been growing exceptionally well over the decade, and that almost ensures the creation of some modestly-nurtured games.
Yep!!

Quote:
I played Aion for a while. I think a seperate, western section manages our servers. We didn't receive most of the latest Korean patches and content, and there were issues with balance, exploits, and a general lack of content. I ended up retiring from it early only for these reasons. Otherwise, it was a good game.
It may very well improve over time (and catch up with the Korean version).
Yeah the servers are western servers (assuming u live in the west). And while I never found the time to start playing Aion (I tried the Chinese Open Beta), I've still gotten a grasp of how crappy Aion's end game is.

Trust me, TERA blows Aion out of the water in every single aspect from what I've seen/heard/read so far=)

Quote:
In regard to the poll, I can't really choose. If I were to be completely honest, I think there are a lot of excellent Asian concepts to be learned from by the west, but the west, at the moment, seems to have a better grasp of the overall design -- probably due to higher budgets. One thing I've felt is that most Asian action games are stiff and tend to become too repetitive.
No way dude!! A lot of Asian action games are ace, ESPECIALLY Japanese ones. Man o man, don't even get me started!!!

And also don't get me started on japanese games in general xD

Hope to see both of u guys in TERA when the time comes (somewhere around q2 next year)

pz ! <3