Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
adem940 (Offline)
Paradise Lost

Send a message via MSN to adem940 Send a message via Yahoo to adem940
What's your game console? - 12-01-2010, 05:56 PM

which console do you prefer to play video games?

(#2 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-01-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adem940 View Post
which console do you prefer to play video games?
Deffinately Nintendo Wii. It's the only console that offers games that I like. . . Sony/Microsoft forgets that women, children, elderly etc. all like games too, and the only games they ever bring out are for young men . . . it's only ever sports, fighting or racing -_- It really annoys me. They have excellent graphics, but nothing that's non-violent or sporty. To be honest the DS is my favourite, love Phoenix Wright, Pokemon and Zelda
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

12-01-2010, 06:34 PM

I don't play PC games, but otherwise I have all of them... i am more hooked to my PS3 though
(#4 (permalink))
Old
SCIFFIX (Offline)
Hokuto Shinken master.

Send a message via MSN to SCIFFIX
12-01-2010, 07:07 PM

I have a playstation 3, but I have to admit Nintendo Wii is more successful than the PlayStation 3 because attract any kind of players.

Video Games: Serious Business

(#5 (permalink))
Old
NightBird (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to NightBird Send a message via Skype™ to NightBird
12-01-2010, 08:10 PM

I "always" play on my PC but I have a Nintendo Wii and... a Super Famicom! (Nintendo SNES/Super NES - European version PAL)
(#6 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

12-01-2010, 09:10 PM

I feel there are plenty of games on ps3 for women andu children. Little big planet, sly cooper, oblivion, final fantasy plenty of people play those. There are others out there. Also I find it hard to classify things as boys or girls toys since they will never only appeal to one gender.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-01-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiki View Post
I feel there are plenty of games on ps3 for women andu children. Little big planet, sly cooper, oblivion, final fantasy plenty of people play those. There are others out there. Also I find it hard to classify things as boys or girls toys since they will never only appeal to one gender.
True, but I can't really define why but none of those games appeal to me. . . I've tried Final Fantasy, and one or two were quite good, but they just lacked a certain appeal and the heavy empthasis on 'tactics' and 'battles' made it a bit too heavy for my liking. It became a chore after a while to try and outrun some sort of giant monster whilst multi-tasking killing random villains in battles, and the storyline felt rather weak, their wasn't any attachment to the characters for me . . .

I think that's the thing with the PS3. There's games for the Wii like Fragile Dreams or Another Code where you get really into the story and characters, but I just didn't get that kind of feel from Final Fantasy. I haven't heard of Sly Cooper or Oblivion, so I'll check them out later, but Little Big Planet seemed way too aimless to me. There's plenty of extremely similar games to that on the Wii, PC and the Xbox. . . I just didn't see the point.

Well, that's my point of view anyways, I'm not a huge gamer so my opinion probaly doesn't count for much anyway, lol
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-01-2010, 10:26 PM

I have an Xbox360 from Japan and the region coding sucks as it means I can only buy region free games online from sites like Playasia.com.

So I would say that the PS3 is my preferred console. The only XBox 360 exclusive I'm excited about is Mass Effect 3. I know it's coming out on PS2 also but I have played the game since part 1 therefore have characters I will import that come from all the way back then.

PC is the best but is so expensive.

When I can afford a high end PC then that will be my preferred platform.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

12-01-2010, 10:40 PM

I seperate PC games from console games, but, if I were to play along with the poll, I'd have to vote for PC.

The only aspect of PC gaming that irks the hell out of me is the constant requirement to upgrade one's system. When PC games get released and I'm excited about them, I get turned off by the fact that it will most likely only run smoothly on the latest software/hardware... which, more than half the time, I don't currently have. That's technological advancement ~ what can you do.

Between the consoles, I prefer the Xbox. I favor the quality of its versatility and user-friendly system. Not that it's extraordinarily versatile, but the others aren't quite at its level - in my opinion - so, it will have to do...

That's not to say I don't enjoy games on the Wii or PS3, of course. I just have less issues with the Xbox than I do with them.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-02-2010, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
I seperate PC games from console games, but, if I were to play along with the poll, I'd have to vote for PC.

The only aspect of PC gaming that irks the hell out of me is the constant requirement to upgrade one's system. When PC games get released and I'm excited about them, I get turned off by the fact that it will most likely only run smoothly on the latest software/hardware... which, more than half the time, I don't currently have. That's technological advancement ~ what can you do.
Completely agree Jayda

I'm a fan of 4X games. Sins of the Solar Empire is a game I've wanted to play for a long time.

Unfortunately I will never get the chance.

I wish they made console releases for games like this. I would buy a keyboard for my Xbox or PS3 if they made games that required one (like 4X titles or even RTS games which can work with a controller but provides a much better interface)