JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Video Games & Toys (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/)
-   -   What's your game console? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/35041-whats-your-game-console.html)

adem940 12-01-2010 05:56 PM

What's your game console?

which console do you prefer to play video games?

RobinMask 12-01-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adem940 (Post 840058)
which console do you prefer to play video games?

Deffinately Nintendo Wii. It's the only console that offers games that I like. . . Sony/Microsoft forgets that women, children, elderly etc. all like games too, and the only games they ever bring out are for young men . . . it's only ever sports, fighting or racing -_- It really annoys me. They have excellent graphics, but nothing that's non-violent or sporty. To be honest the DS is my favourite, love Phoenix Wright, Pokemon and Zelda ;)

godwine 12-01-2010 06:34 PM

I don't play PC games, but otherwise I have all of them... i am more hooked to my PS3 though

SCIFFIX 12-01-2010 07:07 PM

I have a playstation 3, but I have to admit Nintendo Wii is more successful than the PlayStation 3 because attract any kind of players.

NightBird 12-01-2010 08:10 PM

I "always" play on my PC but I have a Nintendo Wii and... a Super Famicom! (Nintendo SNES/Super NES - European version PAL)

seiki 12-01-2010 09:10 PM

I feel there are plenty of games on ps3 for women andu children. Little big planet, sly cooper, oblivion, final fantasy plenty of people play those. There are others out there. Also I find it hard to classify things as boys or girls toys since they will never only appeal to one gender.

RobinMask 12-01-2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seiki (Post 840094)
I feel there are plenty of games on ps3 for women andu children. Little big planet, sly cooper, oblivion, final fantasy plenty of people play those. There are others out there. Also I find it hard to classify things as boys or girls toys since they will never only appeal to one gender.

True, but I can't really define why but none of those games appeal to me. . . I've tried Final Fantasy, and one or two were quite good, but they just lacked a certain appeal and the heavy empthasis on 'tactics' and 'battles' made it a bit too heavy for my liking. It became a chore after a while to try and outrun some sort of giant monster whilst multi-tasking killing random villains in battles, and the storyline felt rather weak, their wasn't any attachment to the characters for me . . .

I think that's the thing with the PS3. There's games for the Wii like Fragile Dreams or Another Code where you get really into the story and characters, but I just didn't get that kind of feel from Final Fantasy. I haven't heard of Sly Cooper or Oblivion, so I'll check them out later, but Little Big Planet seemed way too aimless to me. There's plenty of extremely similar games to that on the Wii, PC and the Xbox. . . I just didn't see the point.

Well, that's my point of view anyways, I'm not a huge gamer so my opinion probaly doesn't count for much anyway, lol :)

Ronin4hire 12-01-2010 10:26 PM

I have an Xbox360 from Japan and the region coding sucks as it means I can only buy region free games online from sites like Playasia.com.

So I would say that the PS3 is my preferred console. The only XBox 360 exclusive I'm excited about is Mass Effect 3. I know it's coming out on PS2 also but I have played the game since part 1 therefore have characters I will import that come from all the way back then.

PC is the best but is so expensive.

When I can afford a high end PC then that will be my preferred platform.

Jaydelart 12-01-2010 10:40 PM

I seperate PC games from console games, but, if I were to play along with the poll, I'd have to vote for PC.

The only aspect of PC gaming that irks the hell out of me is the constant requirement to upgrade one's system. When PC games get released and I'm excited about them, I get turned off by the fact that it will most likely only run smoothly on the latest software/hardware... which, more than half the time, I don't currently have. That's technological advancement ~ what can you do.

Between the consoles, I prefer the Xbox. I favor the quality of its versatility and user-friendly system. Not that it's extraordinarily versatile, but the others aren't quite at its level - in my opinion - so, it will have to do...

That's not to say I don't enjoy games on the Wii or PS3, of course. I just have less issues with the Xbox than I do with them.

Ronin4hire 12-02-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydelart (Post 840109)
I seperate PC games from console games, but, if I were to play along with the poll, I'd have to vote for PC.

The only aspect of PC gaming that irks the hell out of me is the constant requirement to upgrade one's system. When PC games get released and I'm excited about them, I get turned off by the fact that it will most likely only run smoothly on the latest software/hardware... which, more than half the time, I don't currently have. That's technological advancement ~ what can you do.

Completely agree Jayda

I'm a fan of 4X games. Sins of the Solar Empire is a game I've wanted to play for a long time.

Unfortunately I will never get the chance.

I wish they made console releases for games like this. I would buy a keyboard for my Xbox or PS3 if they made games that required one (like 4X titles or even RTS games which can work with a controller but provides a much better interface)

Aniki 12-02-2010 02:21 PM

The first three suck so I choose PC.

Nyororin 12-02-2010 02:24 PM

What if you have all and use them all? What if you don`t have any particular preference, and just play the games you enjoy on whatever console they appear on?

NightBird 12-02-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 840108)
PC is the best but is so expensive.

When I can afford a high end PC then that will be my preferred platform.

Expensive if you buy an all-made PC...
I'm computer technician and I can make myself all PC with almost all pieces you would like to be in... but delivering from Europe to Japan "will cost an arm" lol

But really by buying yourself your parts and building it yourself, it's really less expensive

seiki 12-02-2010 03:25 PM

I agree with nightbird I built my desktop for about $650. But I still do not like the idea that it will be obsolete in less than a few years.

JojoBizarre 12-02-2010 04:14 PM

Ps3

but I also got a 360 and a small pc rig.

But I rpefer ps3 since I play all my online game on it.

JamboP26 12-02-2010 06:10 PM

I am a PlayStation fanboy, so have a PS3. I've has a PS1 & PS2, so it was the natural choice. But, I am looking for a cheap Xbox 360 for Dead or Alive 4 & Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 :D

LycanOtaku 12-02-2010 10:12 PM

lol... I'm old school... NES, SNES, or Nintendo Gamecube... Other than that, I love Sims 2 and Sims 3 on the PC...

Jaydelart 12-02-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 840119)
Completely agree Jayda

I'm a fan of 4X games. Sins of the Solar Empire is a game I've wanted to play for a long time.

Unfortunately I will never get the chance.

I wish they made console releases for games like this. I would buy a keyboard for my Xbox or PS3 if they made games that required one (like 4X titles or even RTS games which can work with a controller but provides a much better interface)

I hadn't heard of Sins of Solar Empire. It looks pretty cool.

Speaking of RTS's, have you seen this yet? I'm a good fan of the Total War series.
YouTube - Shogun 2 Total War Gameplay Cinematic Trailer [HD]

adem940 12-03-2010 05:26 PM

actually I'm a fan of PS3 but of course I like to play video games on the PC as well especially strategy games like Red Alert, Age of Empires :)

RickOShay 12-03-2010 11:21 PM

I own a 360 and a Wii. I find that I get the most use out of my wii because of certain titles that I love playing a lot. Also Wii provides a lot of nostalgic value for me, as I constantly purchase old games I never owned, and games I never got to play as a kid, on the virtual console.

WingsToDiscovery 12-03-2010 11:56 PM

I had all three back home, and I preferred the PS3. Backwards compatibility (on mine), Blu Ray, Shared region with Asia, great exclusives, and great graphics.

That's not to say that the others aren't good in their own way, but the PS3 was just more useful to me. And it especially is here in Japan.

nihongeorge 12-04-2010 01:28 AM

I have both a Wii and a PlayStation 3, and I'd say that I slightly prefer the Wii, although I could easily change my mind and choose the PlayStation 3. :P

Ronin4hire 12-04-2010 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydelart (Post 840275)
I hadn't heard of Sins of Solar Empire. It looks pretty cool.

Speaking of RTS's, have you seen this yet? I'm a good fan of the Total War series.
YouTube - Shogun 2 Total War Gameplay Cinematic Trailer [HD]

Yeah man... Sins of a Solar Empire got strategy game of 2008 or 2009 by IGN.

But anyway... yeah I've heard of the Total war series! Great Games! I've only played Rome but if I get a new comp I'll be getting Shogun 2 fo sho!

I never thought about building my own comp. Thanks to those that suggested it.

Rockmanpet 01-12-2011 10:33 AM

Playstation 3 and nintendo DS are my top systems of choice even thou I have a 360.

I do play pc games but mostly for Free 2 play MMORPG's like Dragon Saga and Shin Megami Tensei online imagine.

80% of the time im on my ps3 and the rest is a mix of Ds and PC, over all theres a lot to play especially with my characters in Dragon Saga all at level 50

thegluestick1 01-12-2011 02:49 PM

I have a Wii and PS3 (along with my N64 and SNES). Generally I prefer the Wii, proabably coz I'm a bit of a Nintendo fanboy, but a lot of the (good) games appeal to me more. I do play the PS3, but usually only because that's what my friends are playing.

jimkerinmark 01-25-2011 04:55 AM

I loved the Sega Megadrive. I use to have sonic games, Looney Tunes Play games and some very bizarre and sinister. I also had a SNES, but I was not really a fan of it so I gave it to my brother.

Tumain 01-31-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegluestick1 (Post 846113)
I have a Wii and PS3 (along with my N64 and SNES). Generally I prefer the Wii, proabably coz I'm a bit of a Nintendo fanboy, but a lot of the (good) games appeal to me more. I do play the PS3, but usually only because that's what my friends are playing.

Sounds like me (since I am a Nintendo fanboy), but out of the ones in he poll, I prefer the 360. I think it has a larger amount of great games, although PS3 does have great games too. One of the main reasons I bought a PS3 was for Yakuza and Uncharted.