JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
xtrava (Offline)
New to JF

Post University Research (DDR and Guitar Hero type games) - 04-08-2007, 11:25 PM

Helloooo =]

I'm hoping this is an okay place to post this and that the kind mods allow me to do so

I'm currently in the final year of my BSc in Computer Games Technology and for my Dissertation I'm creating a basic Rhythm Action Game and also doing a lot of research into the games themselves in an effort to try and predict how popular a particular Rhythm Action Game may be on the market depending on its game elements. What I mean by a Rhythm Action Game is games like Dance Dance Revolution and Guitar Hero.

Anyway, I'll get to the point :P

I would be greatly appreciative if you nice people would consider filling out a questionnaire to help with my research. They are annonymous and I have full ethical approval to carry out such studies. If you'd like to know more just PM or email me.

I would prefer if you did have some knowledge of Rhythm Action Games, or have played at least 1 before. In other words if you never play them/hate them then you arent the demographic I'm looking for

If you are interested in helping out (it takes like 5 minutes) that would be awesome. The questionnaire can be downloaded from:

http://www.digital-renegades.co.uk/stuff/rhythm.doc

It has text boxes over all the answer parts so you can just go right ahead and fill it out in word easily enough. (I thought it would be better to do it this way rather than copying the questions out and putting them in this post because theres both open and closed questions). If you do decide to fill it out can you please send it to this email:

games_student@hotmail.co.uk (created especially).

Anyway, I hope some of you are bored enough to help me out!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

04-08-2007, 11:40 PM

hey - it might be better for some users to post their results here - this forum allows word documents as attachments - then we dont have to worry about you gaining our emails

here's mine; 'fraid it may not be all that useful

oh and im one of the mods, so rest assured, we dont mind this being up here
Attached Files
File Type: doc rhythm.doc (57.0 KB, 2 views)

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲
(#3 (permalink))
Old
xtrava (Offline)
New to JF

04-08-2007, 11:51 PM

Good idea. Thanks muchly =]