JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Video Games & Toys (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/)
-   -   BJD Collectors (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/3635-bjd-collectors.html)

kiyori 04-11-2007 12:47 PM

BJD Collectors

Does anyone own one / a few
BJDs??
Or has anyone heard of them? you may know them
under the term (actually a brand) Dollfie.

I have a Dream of Doll Lahoo named Kazuya.
He is a prince ^_^ its nice to take him to places.

Considering this forum is mostly about games, i decided to post this!

BJDs are Ball Jointed Dolls that come in a variety of sizes. They are usually
all anatomically correct and life like or all bishounen/bishoujo. ^_^

The common sizes for 1/3 dolls are (for guys) 60cm-70cm and (for girls) 55cm-62cm. And there also are 1/4 size and 1/5-6 size dolls ranging at 15cm-45cm tall!! so cute, ne?

Although, because they are nice dolls....they also come with a nice price.
I have (ok, well my parents have) spent at least £1000 so far ....yes, so far. on my BJD. But they make great companions and are lovely to have around.

There are different types of owners though. Active owners - who take their dolls out and about, and treat them like people almost (like me) and Passive owners - who prefer to have the BJDs as ornaments, and have one-two outfits for them, and just collect them and leave them on shelves or display stands.

I prefer being an Active owner, because they really seem alive sometimes.
If anyone has seen Ihnyongesa... dont be put off. and you can imagine how much that set would have cost in the foyer. with all the dolls and clothes/accessories on each of them. (most sets of clothes cost between $100-250!*sometimes not inc. shoes!)I believe the do form souls at some point, if you really cherish them.

Anyway, here is Kazuya Young-so Lim (my doll)

SakuraSan 04-11-2007 12:59 PM

Ive never had one or to be honest heard of them,but theyre is SO COOL!
I want one now,how much do they cost?
Ill have to wait for my birthday though =[

SakuraSan 04-11-2007 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SakuraSan (Post 87954)

Helllo?
How much do they cost?

fuu 04-11-2007 01:10 PM

I don't own any but I have seen them at Cons. I think there was even a workshop on how to make them?????........ Noentheless they are very cool.

kiyori 04-11-2007 06:25 PM

Kazuya cost (with makeup option and no clothes) $700.

They are alot of money but are briliant in every way! ^-^

There are usually workshops at cons (more so in america) on how to look after them and re-string them. I know (ok i think) a company like Bishounen house, did a casting demonstration or info-shop at an american con.

Sakurasan, the $700~ included shipping to the UK aswell. of course, the price of the doll and shipping depends on the weight an size of the doll. and also if you ordered anything else with it.
They usually mark them as 'Gifts' so you dont have to pay import tax!!! hahaha it would be HELL if you did. =_=''- like double the price.

ButterflyDemise 07-14-2007 04:34 PM

It looks like this thread has been dead for a while, but maybe I can revive it? ^^ <3

I recently got my first SD. She's so pretty~ I hope to get my 2nd soon <3 My model is Volks Sara. I didn't change her hair, but I bought her the most beautiful Lolita dress.

Here's a few pictures:

(I know, the boots and stockings are off for a Lolita, but I thought it gave it a nice 'punk' kick XD <3)

Morbidachan 07-20-2007 01:13 AM

I really wish I owned BJDs, they are so very beautiful!
As I am really poor I am trying to make my own BJD, but it's a bit hard and I'm not that good at sculpting. XD
Thank you for sharing your pictures :D

That Volks Sara doll has such a pretty dress!

So you guys do not do the makeup on your dolls yourself by the way?
I've heard of people using airbrushes to put makeup on them, but those are sooo expensive o.o

ButterflyDemise 07-21-2007 03:31 AM

That was my problem for so long, I just recently got some extra money to buy her and her soon to be brother~ I can't wait to get him (^^)/

Aww, thank you. It was Volks's last one of that dress in blue. I loved it so much I requested the guy to take it off the doll that was wearing it. haha

Oh, no no. I'm too scared to try that stuff myself. I would make her look like a clown. haha

Morbidachan 07-21-2007 04:14 PM

Oooh, please do post pictures when you get her brother! :D
And yeah, I would most likely also look my BJD look like a clown... If I had one that is *sniff*

Hentaro 07-21-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiyori (Post 87946)
BJDs??

The common sizes for 1/3 dolls are (for guys) 60cm-70cm and (for girls) 55cm-62cm. And there also are 1/4 size and 1/5-6 size dolls ranging at 15cm-45cm tall!! so cute, ne?

I have (ok, well my parents have) spent at least £1000 so far ....yes, so far. on my BJD. But they make great companions and are lovely to have around.

There are different types of owners though. Active owners - who take their dolls out and about, and treat them like people almost (like me) and Passive owners - who prefer to have the BJDs as ornaments, and have one-two outfits for them, and just collect them and leave them on shelves or display stands.

If anyone has seen Ihnyongesa... dont be put off. and you can imagine how much that set would have cost in the foyer. with all the dolls and clothes/accessories on each of them. (most sets of clothes cost between $100-250!*sometimes not inc. shoes!)I believe the do form souls at some point, if you really cherish them.

Tous looks so cool...

ButterflyDemise 07-21-2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbidachan (Post 185087)
Oooh, please do post pictures when you get her brother! :D
And yeah, I would most likely also look my BJD look like a clown... If I had one that is *sniff*

I'll be sure to~ Though it'll be at least 5 weeks before I get him T^T Darn him being in South Korea!
haha, at least I'm not the only one~

Domovik 08-28-2007 03:49 AM

I love BJDs :)
I have a Dream Of Doll DOC Homme Kirill. His name is Peter. I'm saving for a Dollshe Van at the moment. I got Peter as a reward from my mom:rolleyes:
I wish I had better pictures. I haven't taken any since I got him. He looks better now that he has a different outfit. Hentaro and ButterflyDemise, your dolls are beautiful!:rheart:

ButterflyDemise 08-28-2007 06:51 PM

^Thank you dear~ yours is beautiful as well~! I hope Damien is as handsome as him (^^)/ I'll hopefully be getting him today :rheart:

Domovik 08-29-2007 02:55 AM

Oops! I listed the wrong name, I meant Kiyori not Hentaro. I guess I looked at the quote in a reply and got confused >_<
I should have some better pictures of Peter soon. He looks so cute in the hat and sweater that I knitted for him.

ButterflyDemise 09-11-2007 06:32 AM

^ahh, haha.

Well I got Damien in the mail about a week ago~ I forgot to ask for his make-up and hair to be done though, haha. So when I get the money I'm going ot have his head and hair sent off to be done ^^ Sadly, my camera won't connect to my laptop at the moment, but I'll post pictures when I can.

ButterflyDemise 09-11-2007 06:06 PM

Woot~ My camera is kind again (^^) Here's the only picture I have of Damien right now. I'll post pictures again after I'm able to have him fixed up. *needs the money first* I also plan on buying him a whole other outfit, haha. I like the one he's wearing, but I want him to be dressed Aristocratic? Or close to it~

Eboshi 12-31-2007 01:47 AM

This is my doll, I named him Eric...( I wasn't thinking at the moment)
He is a DOD ( dream of Doll ) this is my first doll I bought which was nice because he was about 350$ with the wig and shipping.. it was 500$ for the set of Dolls which was Too and Bee-a.
here some pictures my friend shoko took...

maddechan 01-04-2008 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's Cain, he's a Dollshe Bernard from Iplehouse.
I NEED to put up a lighthouse. the picture isn't really good, but whatev.
Attachment 3447

limedragon 05-04-2008 04:41 AM

lovely dolls ^___^/
` ` `
I have a BlueFairy Louis. He's called Takeru :3 I got him 1 month ago :vsign:

BlackGreenTea 06-13-2008 06:00 PM

I love BJD! I'm trying to save up to get Iplehouse Iris. My mom is not thrilled with the idea though. . . any ideas to convince her?

SafetyPinKawaii 02-05-2009 12:39 AM

Oh my guava I have been wanting/browsing/drooling over abjds for so long... but I'm poor... >_< I really want a Super Dollfie, they're so pretty (Sara is really beautiful!)
I found a site that has cheap bodies/heads called Obitsu, but they don't look like they're super quality- does anyone know about them? They bodies are about 20-30 dollars US, but maybe thy'd be good as a starter doll? ^_^

Ojamajoz 03-01-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SakuraSan (Post 87954)

I don't own any, but the 60cm ones are usually around $700 for clothing, body, wigs, and makeup.

And the smaller 27cm ones are usually around $150.

They are a VERY expensive hobby!

Miyavifan 03-02-2009 12:52 AM

Mine's about $500 with clothes etc.

Emmiechan 04-05-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterflyDemise (Post 178385)
It looks like this thread has been dead for a while, but maybe I can revive it? ^^ <3

I recently got my first SD. She's so pretty~ I hope to get my 2nd soon <3 My model is Volks Sara. I didn't change her hair, but I bought her the most beautiful Lolita dress.

Here's a few pictures:

(I know, the boots and stockings are off for a Lolita, but I thought it gave it a nice 'punk' kick XD <3)

you're soo lucky!! Sara is my fave SD! have you seen the Yo-sd version of her?? soo cute!! haha

edelweiss 06-16-2009 03:46 AM

I just joined and thought I'd see if there was already a thread for BJDs, not very many fans here but it is a small niche hobby after all.

I have a small stadium's worth of them but only eight of them are from Japanese makers. One is from an artist who only made heads - Kanon Yui. The rest are from Volks - MSD Schule, MSD Hewitt, SD13 School C, SD16 Tony, SD17 Williams, SD13 F-30, SD16 Johanna. I have a Sato FCS F-36 on the way too.

So that's my way of saying hello. :ywave:

Zerj 03-22-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiyori (Post 87946)
BJDs??

Wow, your doll is so cute!^^
I only have one, I'll show you pictures of her later.
=D

Zerj 03-22-2010 01:01 PM

Oh well here's a link of her in the online store ^^
Dark & Defiant Delilah

kalcia 03-22-2010 02:03 PM

I have 8 Super Dollfies and 1 floating head waiting for body.
1. Luts Delf Soony - Prishe:

2. Volks LE SD Liz - Matylda:

3. Volks FCS SD13G F-34 - Laura:

4. Luts SDF Blanchet - Arlene:

5. Luts KidDelf Bory girl - Madeleine:

6. Luts Delf Lishe elf-mod - Esha'ntarl:

7. Volks LE SDC Ren - Ren:

more in next post... ^^;

kalcia 03-22-2010 02:04 PM

8. Soom MD Amber - Sidhe:

9. Volks School head C - Emily:

I sew and sell outfits for Super Dollfies ^^

Kalcia's Workshop

edelweiss 04-27-2010 12:10 PM

That's a nice group kalcia! I think I recognize your name from DoA?

I'm excited to say I have won an Okita Souji 2nd version. Too bad Volks probably won't have him to me until June with how backed up they've been. Oh well, waiting is part of the hobby!

kalcia 07-21-2010 01:52 PM

yes, I'm on DoA, as ^kalcia^ :)

I got 3 new dolls on my trip in Japan.
2 of them are limited ones:
SWD Nana from Dolpa 22

YoSD Chika from Dolpa 23, which I attended, I won her there ^^

Last one of FCS F-43 on seirei body, but she still doesn't have make up :P

XsuicideXkittyX 06-08-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterflyDemise (Post 178385)

Here's a few pictures:

woah she is beautiful wish when i went on that site i saw her but i didnt see one i liked, so i looked else where.
Im still waiting for mine to arrive some time next week so excited im getting DIM Love, Bellosse shes beautiful, well she better be she cost a pretty penny :)

edelweiss 06-08-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XsuicideXkittyX (Post 867507)
Im still waiting for mine to arrive some time next week so excited im getting DIM Love, Bellosse shes beautiful, well she better be she cost a pretty penny :)

Congrats on your first doll purchase! Doll in Mind is a reliable company and they make some nice dolls, I have always liked DIM Lloyd myself but never quite figured out how to work him into my collection. It's okay though, I already have too many dolls. :o

XsuicideXkittyX 06-09-2011 06:50 PM

thanks im planning on getting more i found this site Ball jointed Doll Total Shop :::Iplehouse.net:: and they look amazing, how many BDJ's do you have?

edelweiss 06-10-2011 07:25 AM

Iplehouse is a very good company. They have been around for years and their dolls are lovely - good engineering on their jointing, nice sculpts and quality resin. I only have one doll body from them but several of my local doll friends are really into the Iple dolls so I've seen quite a few in person. Out of all their current dolls I like Theo most. :)

At the moment there are about 40 large BJDs, 2 minis and one tiny here. I'm waiting on one full doll and two heads at the moment. :vsign:

That's a picture of one of my dolls in my Avatar btw. ^___^

XsuicideXkittyX 06-12-2011 12:16 PM

woah you mean you own 40 dolls plus? if so thats alot, the doll as your avatar is beautiful it has a very traditional look to it not sure if thats just me though :D.
Are you on the site 'Den of Angels'?

edelweiss 06-13-2011 01:55 AM

There are 40 dolls here at the moment but(!) there are two of us collecting BJDs - so half are mine and half belong to my GF though we pay for them together. Sometimes it seems like too many but it's hard to get rid of dolls when you look at each one and like them individually.

I suppose my avatar doll should look a bit traditional, like a lady. Maybe a bit mysterious? She is one of the Volks Full Choice heads, an F-36.

And I am on Den of Angels! What is your ID? :ywave:

XsuicideXkittyX 06-14-2011 12:05 PM

she is beautiful, ah so 40 between you's thats still alot to own.
About Den of Angels im not a member even though i've tried to ask but I havent heard anything back shame.

edelweiss 06-15-2011 06:26 AM

You need to be invited to get a membership now - something they started to try to keep people who have been banned off the forum and keep scammers from joining and taking advantage of people in the marketplace.

You can email the moderators to request an invitation via this email address:

membership@denofangels.com

It is a very good resource for BJD owners, worth jumping through a few hoops for.

Let me know if you need more help with getting registered!

XsuicideXkittyX 06-26-2011 12:54 PM

yeah i've just sent my second email to them now so hopefully this time i might be able to join.

Oh and ive just got my beautiful doll!
Here are some pictures
http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...6-25132858.jpg

the only problem is the wig keeps falling off so i might need to buy a wig cap but i dont have clue were to get one?

sorry about the pics dont no how get them to show.

Edited:

well Den of angels still havent got back came anyone recommend me please?