JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Are you going to buy the 3DS?
Yes 16 28.57%
No/Maybe 40 71.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
03-09-2011, 10:13 AM

I've seen screenshots of PES 3D & tbh, they look crap to me. Like the PSP, all blocky and poor. I'm waiting for the PSP2

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#22 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

03-09-2011, 07:12 PM

No. (AND that should be a separate option)
4 reasons:
1) I get motion sickness already. Vomit on Dual Screen= NOT cool
2) I'd be cheating on my dslite and she is one fiery bitch.
3) There's no GBA slot. I like my GBA games.
4) Because I don't shit money. and if I did, I'd only buy it because I'd be rich.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#23 (permalink))
Old
ModusOperandi (Offline)
JF Regular

03-09-2011, 10:44 PM

I won't be getting it...but if I do, I'm pretty sure it won't be anytime soon unless there's something on the DS3 that I'll be eager to play. The NGP though, that's something I have my eyes on.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Anjin (Offline)
JF Regular

03-11-2011, 03:27 PM

I won't be getting a 3DS because I already have a DS which I had for years now and I rather save my cash.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-01-2011, 09:06 AM

So who's actually bought one then? Totally mind blowing isn't it?!

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#26 (permalink))
Old
XxBiancaxX (Offline)
New to JF

04-19-2011, 12:46 PM

Hola amigos!!!
I have one... XD im a big nintendo fan so... i have all the portable consoles... the 3Ds now is in my colection... muahahahahahahha!!!!
i can wait to have zelda ocarina of time, kid icarus, star fox, resident evil... waaa... im sooo exited!!!
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Picard (Offline)
New to JF

04-24-2011, 06:48 PM

I have purchased one. I just pre-ordered it and the games early. Paid a little at a time. Gotta say. Super Street Fighter 4 is easily the best game on it. Lego Star Wars is a ton of fun. Samurai Warriors is really good for displaying the 3D effect. Though I gotta say, the 3D on different games has different effects on me. Like Star Wars bothers me at full.

But now I wait for Resident Evil Mercs, Legend of Zelda OoT 3D, Kid Icarus and Star Fox 64 3D. I foresee fun times ahead with the 3DS for me. Also, including all these systems on the VC? Game Gear? And Link's Awakening (Gotta steal from the shop again lol)
(#28 (permalink))
Old
AlexisSalas (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to AlexisSalas
04-29-2011, 12:00 AM

Yeaah i just bougth it and irs soo f-ing amaizing!! i can just believe how i just killed a dragon that just appeared in my bed !! 10 out of 10 THE BEST!

Rosetta Stone japanese programs seems to not helped me much...Need help with my japanese, looking for help plz!!
(#29 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-03-2011, 04:42 PM

Sorry for bumping, but I just wondered what people thought of the 3D effect?

I ask as I had the oppurtunity to play one in our local shop, and I found the effect very jarring. If I moved the screen or my eyeline even the slightest fraction of an inch . . . the 3D effects were gone. I found for about 98% of gameplay that all I had were two overlapping images, and I could only fix this by closing one eye or turning the game onto 2D . . . which seemed pointless to me seeing as it's designed to be in 3D. It also made me feel rather dizzy.

Now, that said, the graphics were absolutely amazing, but I wonder . . . is there something wrong with my eyes, or does anyone else have the same issues? Especially with seeing two overlapping images as opposed to actual 3D?
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-04-2011, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
Now, that said, the graphics were absolutely amazing, but I wonder . . . is there something wrong with my eyes, or does anyone else have the same issues? Especially with seeing two overlapping images as opposed to actual 3D?
Was the 3DS secured? If you are not holding it and it is not at the proper angle (something very hard to manage when it is stuck to something like on the test things they place in shops here), the 3D effect doesn`t work properly.
I can`t use one without holding it myself at the right angle and the right distance (also important). When you`re too far / too close or off at an angle, you can still often see the 3D, but it is really dizzying and has a VERY small angle of view. I can watch my husband play over his shoulder and it will be in 3D, but dizzying 3D that will change to overlapping images if I move in the slightest.

If you were holding it freely, and tested it at all angles and distances... Then you may just be one of those unlucky people who it doesn`t work well for.

As for changing it to 2D - all the games to be licensed have to work just as well in 2D as in 3D. The 3D is just a graphical embellishment.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.