JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Are you going to buy the 3DS?
Yes 16 28.57%
No/Maybe 40 71.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-04-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
If you were holding it freely, and tested it at all angles and distances... Then you may just be one of those unlucky people who it doesn`t work well for.

As for changing it to 2D - all the games to be licensed have to work just as well in 2D as in 3D. The 3D is just a graphical embellishment.
I tried it secured, but it didn't seem to have any effect at all, so I tried it freely - adjusting angle and distance - and it still didn't work . . . I managed to get it to work for a very brief time, but soon lost it. I didn't realise it didn't work well for some people, I guess I just had to be one of the unlucky ones, story of my life, lol.

Yeah, I remember your other post explaining that, but whilst it's a relief that they work in 2D I just don't see the point . . . for me it's like "well, if I can't play it in 3D for long periods, why spend all that money when I can just use my old DS instead?" I don't see the point in buying a new console just to end up using it in 2D, which all other Nintendo and Sony consoles already do
(#32 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-04-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
I don't see the point in buying a new console just to end up using it in 2D, which all other Nintendo and Sony consoles already do
There is a lot more to it than just the 3D.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
DeunanKnutesButt (Offline)
New to JF

07-04-2011, 06:55 PM

The 3DS is too much of an extravagance for me, I'm about to get the Xperia Play the smartphone that plays some PSP games that are ported to Android Market. It will be my first foray into handheld devices and a test drive before buying the PSVita.

Band Camp Forever
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Nihonoaika (Offline)
New to JF

Post Maybe. - 07-21-2011, 11:37 PM

It's been out for a month or two now and I still haven't bought it. I was hoping the DS would go 3D for so long now that I just got use to its 2D gaming. Maybe I'll my DSi and get it...

In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true. ~Buddha
(#35 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

07-30-2011, 03:46 AM

Check this article
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14337301
To paraphrase Nintendo reported its first quarterly loss and it's cutting the price of the 3DS from $250 to $170.
The 3DS sales aren't meeting expectations as the technology seems to be getting old because it relies on cartridges, whereas the smart phone technology which is newer relies on an OS and a UI like iTunes and Android Market. The newer technology seems to offer the user more convenience, but as you can see by the discounted price Nintendo can offer a more attractive price point which may avail itself more to a demographic composed of children.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
DragonNL (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-01-2011, 10:38 PM

I won't buy the 3DS. I'm more a Sony gamer and a bit of Microsoft, but almost no Nintendo. Since the Wii came out Nintendo just isn't fun anymore. I do have a Wii, but it's just (I hate the following words) "collecting dust", the last time I used it, I was playing Ocarina of Time, a game from the 90's. But anyway there are 1 or 2 games for the DS/3DS that I like. But I'm not gonna buy a console/handheld for 1 or 2 games..
Another reason why I won't buy it is because the one time I had a 3DS in my hands I only saw a double image when I played. I'm not convinced at all about the 3D option.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

08-02-2011, 04:09 AM

I'd love to be a Nintendo gamer, it sure beats being a Capcom gamer with the way they have been dicking around with their MegaMan fanbase. They keep pulling a Daikatana without ever releasing the Daikatana, first the MegaMan Universe was hyped and cancelled, a customisable multi-level game that featured player editing for the PS3 and XBox 360 and now they did the same thing with MegaMan Legends 3 for the Nintendo 3DS. MegaMan Legends 3 was the sequel to MegaMan Legends 2 which came out in 2000, a project 11 years in the making. It would have been a Nintendo 3DS exclusive property that could have been a big seller and the type of 3rd party contribution that would have meant more people buying the 3DS, just to play this game. This could have been the killer app that solidified the future of the 3DS.

Band Camp Forever
(#38 (permalink))
Old
KamiKyosuke (Offline)
New to JF

08-14-2011, 07:15 AM

I love my 3DS and I can't wait for all the great games that are coming out soon. Mario 3DS, Mario Kart 3ds, Tales of Abyss, Starfox 64, Paper Mario 3ds, and more!
(#39 (permalink))
Old
30s2mars (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to 30s2mars Send a message via Skype™ to 30s2mars
08-30-2011, 08:53 PM

I'm probably the worst impulsive buyer on the planet so ofcourse I bought it close after it released. Already sold it too