JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Video Games & Toys (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/)
-   -   Dragon Ball Z and GT Questions (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/36568-dragon-ball-z-gt-questions.html)

throese 03-13-2011 08:45 PM

Dragon Ball Z and GT Questions

Well, I was talking to a friend of mine at my city's local Vocational Tech Center and he said that his cousin had manga that went further than the show GT that had levels of Super Saiyan beyond SS4. Well, I've seen FAN art of Super Saiyan 5-10, but my questions are as follows:

1) Why did they decide to stop putting Super Saiyan 4 and some GT characters such as Omega Shenron in Dragon Ball Z games?

Example: Draong Ball: Raging Blast 1 and 2. Only go as far as SS3. and DB:RB 2 only adds a few other characters such as Cooler, Bojack, and Android 13 (I know there are more than that though).

But why remove GT playable characters? I really enjoyed Dragon Ball GT. Especially Super Saiyan 4 Goku, Vegeta, and their fused form, Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta.

2) How many official levels of Super Saiyan are there, besides Super Saiyan 1 through 3.

Thank you for answering in advance. =)

RobinMask 03-13-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by throese (Post 856165)
Well, I was talking to a friend of mine at my city's local Vocational Tech Center and he said that his cousin had manga that went further than the show GT that had levels of Super Saiyan beyond SS4. Well, I've seen FAN art of Super Saiyan 5-10, but my questions are as follows:

1) Why did they decide to stop putting Super Saiyan 4 and some GT characters such as Omega Shenron in Dragon Ball Z games?

Example: Draong Ball: Raging Blast 1 and 2. Only go as far as SS3. and DB:RB 2 only adds a few other characters such as Cooler, Bojack, and Android 13 (I know there are more than that though).

But why remove GT playable characters? I really enjoyed Dragon Ball GT. Especially Super Saiyan 4 Goku, Vegeta, and their fused form, Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta.

2) How many official levels of Super Saiyan are there, besides Super Saiyan 1 through 3.

Thank you for answering in advance. =)

To my knowledge the only manga series are Dragonball and Dragonball Z, and the only anime series are Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT and Dragonball Kai (Kai being merely a remake of DBZ). There are no Saiyan evolutions past SSJ4 and the various fusions. The fanart tends to be from a series called "AF", which as far as I know is nothing but a fanmade series that had no bearing at all on canon. Any 'manga' your friend's friend may have is probably fanmade.

1) Dragonball GT was a huge failure, and nearly all fans I speak to refuse to accept it as canon. I don't think Akira Toriyama had any real influence in it or wrote/designed it. I'm willing to bet the characters lack of popularity influences the decision to leave them out of games - why include characters no one likes?

2) As I said there are four levels. I could stand corrected, I could go and look it up and check . . . but I'm too indifferent to care. I'm 99% sure there's just the four levels though. Super Saiyan 1, 2, 3 and 4.

throese 03-13-2011 09:03 PM

Wow, thank you for such a quick reply RobinMask and I guess you have a point on if not many people like something why keep making the product or adding it to something. And you're probably right about the manga stuff too.

Do you think that if they worked harder on the first...30-35 eps when they were looking for the black star dragon balls that GT would have been better and had a more active role in video games?

In MY opinion, once they started the Baby series, that's when GT started to have a real plot and make more sense, but everything before the Baby series was just random and thrown together which dissapoints me, but oh well.

I have a PS2, but don't know DBZ: Tenkaichi 3. Know where I can get a copy of the game?

SHAD0W 03-13-2011 10:00 PM

I refuse to accept that anything past SSJ3 exists. GT wasn't made my Toriyama and therefore is just as much "fan fiction" as anyone elses extra/alternate storylines.

GT bored the hell out of me. Golden monkey being the only decent concept imo.

RobinMask 03-13-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHAD0W (Post 856173)
I refuse to accept that anything past SSJ3 exists. GT wasn't made my Toriyama and therefore is just as much "fan fiction" as anyone elses extra/alternate storylines.

Totally proving my earlier point about GT - I really do have yet to meet one person who likes it, lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by throese
Do you think that if they worked harder on the first...30-35 eps when they were looking for the black star dragon balls that GT would have been better and had a more active role in video games?

In MY opinion, once they started the Baby series, that's when GT started to have a real plot and make more sense, but everything before the Baby series was just random and thrown together which dissapoints me, but oh well.

I have a PS2, but don't know DBZ: Tenkaichi 3. Know where I can get a copy of the game?

I don't think much could have saved it. They reworked old characters - ones that were favourites with the fans - and then changed them for the worse, making them the antithesis of all that they were, such as Vegeta. The new characters were two-dimensional, and downright annoying. Plus when you have to completely destroy canon, contradict old story elements, and then 'magically make Goku a child' . . . it's just jumping the shark. The five minute long 'death by dancing' was probably the point I stopped watching, and I'm ashamed I even lasted as long as I did . . .

As for the game . . . personally I found Tenkaichi 2 better, and as it's the easiest one to find I suspect that may be the case generally for people. Tenkaichi 3 is a pain to find, however it's a lot easier to find for PS2 than it is for Wii. It's on Amazon.co.uk (.com too), you can also try Ebay, and most high-street games stores (if it's not in then they can order it in).

SCIFFIX 03-13-2011 10:20 PM

In DBZ manga there are only 3 super saiyan transformations, but if you consider the anime and some movies those 3 transformations have variations.

you can find more information at dragon ball wikia

throese 03-17-2011 04:11 AM

Cool, thanks for all of the responses and opions guys. =)