JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Video Games & Toys (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/)
-   -   Street Fighter (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/4166-street-fighter.html)

AllICanSay 04-30-2007 04:59 PM

Street Fighter

I was hooked on Street Fighter:p Also played the spin-off Rival Schools (With Sakura^_^)
Fav. character: Chun li, Ryu and Camille

What do you think of it??

TheDemonNaruto 04-30-2007 05:31 PM

I love Street Fighter! Yesterday my mom's friend gave me Street Fighter: Anniversary Collection for PS2, it has SF: III 3rd Strike and SF: II Hyper

Favorite Characters: Ryu(Numbuh 1!! Woohoo!!), Ken, Blanka, and Vega!:D

Acidreptile 04-30-2007 07:39 PM

Streer Fighter!That's a classic!In my opinion the second best fighting game ever,only losing to Mortal Kombat.And it inspirated many other fighting games!My favorite characters are Vega,Sagat and Blanka!(PS:Not all brazillians are like Blanka,they are much worse!).

TheDemonNaruto 04-30-2007 07:40 PM

Ehhh, Mortal Kombat in my opinion is a little worse than SF, but mehbe that's just me, nothing against MK, I love it, but SF is sooo much better

Acidreptile 04-30-2007 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDemonNaruto (Post 107237)
Ehhh, Mortal Kombat in my opinion is a little worse than SF, but mehbe that's just me, nothing against MK, I love it, but SF is sooo much better

Yeah,it was very diffucult for me to decide which one was the best,but I concluded MK was better because it haves many original elements SF don't have,like friendships,fatalities,babalities,animalities,etc and it haves a more rich story aswell.But in the end,both are classics!

TheDemonNaruto 04-30-2007 07:50 PM

Indeed they are, I could never do more than a Fatality, gosh durnnit, and now they have that thing where you can kill yourself if the one being finished on MK....As for SF there is no move list, which stinks you gotta find the moves yourself, and the special moves stink because anyone can easily block them >.<

CoolNard 05-01-2007 06:41 AM

My favourite version was Street Fighter Zero 2 :cool: Before it broke.... :pinkcry:

Ken rocks XD~!

I like Akuma and Ryu too, oh and we cant forget Alex :mtongue:

Kuroneko 05-01-2007 06:56 AM

I always liked EVIL RYU. For some reason the good guy being the bad was really sweet.

Kanji_The_Wanderer 05-01-2007 06:56 AM

Street Fighter is awesome! Street Fighter II, the animated movie is so kick ass.

Who has played Marvel vs. Capcom 1 and 2? Really good games.

My favorite character is Ken. He is really cool. I love to play him. and my friend always plays Ryu. We can fight for hours.

Yggdrazzil 05-01-2007 07:19 AM

It's the first 1v1 real beat em up I ever played! I had played things like double dragon on the NES but when my bro and me chipped in enough money for a Real SNES (*angels sing in the background*) it came with SF2 !!

My fav. char from all streetfighters are Fei Long from Super Streetfighter 2 and Kairi from Streetfighter Ex Plus Alpha :)

My bro never liked beat'em'ups a lot so I ended up fighting vs. the computer a lot which made it rather dull after a while...

Yuri 05-01-2007 07:22 AM

I really liked it, everytime I went to my friends house I played Ryu, I dont remember who he played though, the game roke when he was fighting over it with his brother, lol

Acidreptile 05-02-2007 03:41 AM

Why Ryu is that popular?

Stealthlurker 05-02-2007 08:35 AM

Just discovered this site through the fashion section while searching for BAPE/BAPESTA related gear (plus other japanese apparel) and noticed talk about SF! One of my fav game franchises of all time. Got all the SF arcade boards and rotate them around in my japanese arcade machines. Too bad public arcades are basically dead (in the USA)... playing rude people on xbox live just isnt the same....

More old skool junk I gather here

Yggdrazzil 05-02-2007 08:39 AM

Whoaaaaaaa that's awesome!! Though I must say I'm a complete arcade nub, never learned how to do "hado-ken" and "shoryu-ken"-like move with that joystick thingy ;)

AllICanSay 05-02-2007 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acidreptile (Post 108619)
Why Ryu is that popular?

I don't know but maybe because he's always portrated as the leading character:)

Stealthlurker 05-02-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PopescuDarius (Post 108750)
That is a old manual game place, and streetfighter, Yes, is called M.U.G.E.N now.

beginners...

MUGEN? :mtongue: MUGEN is an interesting little toy but should never be considered as a serious fighter... lol it's about on par with Capcom Fighting Evolution (ROFL). Probably the only decent 2D vs fighting as of late is Hokuto no Ken, Melty Blood Act Cadenza, Spectral vs Generation and SS Tenka.

Vesperd 05-02-2007 04:34 PM

Street fighter is old skool.. im attracted to anything old skool, i remember playing it at the arcades back in the days.. addicted to the last coin.. my favourite characters were ryu and ken, they make a great team

Ronin4hire 08-18-2008 08:28 AM

Street Fighter 4 is coming soon

I must admit that I'm a bit dissapointed with the fact that it will only be the original 12 plus four new characters.... I mean seriously they might as well have just called this Super Mega Streetfighter 2 plus 2 + 3D or whatever...

I think it's time for Ryu and Ken to go or to at least to step aside and return simply as secret or novelty characters anyway (Or even as bosses!). A grown up Sakura would be good to take the lead I think. Sean would be cool to see back for those that miss Ryu and Ken type characters. Maybe a grown up Makoto, Yun, Yang, Karen and Ibuki too. But the rest of the crew should have been new and varied.

IGN: Street Fighter IV (Street Fighter 4)

Wednesday 08-18-2008 10:03 AM

Damn, I love it!!! I played it on the old SEGA (It was SEGA, right?) when I was 6 or 7 years old, alone in the dark living-room of my uncle. I won one competition after another but then came this Sumo-Fighter... An experience that I won't forget... He knocked me out... :whiteflag: The movie was funny.

There is nothing comparable to this awesome game!

JoshAussie 08-18-2008 11:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I LOVE Street Fighter II. (The world warrior.)

I play Chin Li. ><

Alkindus 08-18-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 564566)
Street Fighter 4 is coming soon

I must admit that I'm a bit dissapointed with the fact that it will only be the original 12 plus four new characters.... I mean seriously they might as well have just called this Super Mega Streetfighter 2 plus 2 + 3D or whatever...

I think it's time for Ryu and Ken to go or to at least to step aside and return simply as secret or novelty characters anyway (Or even as bosses!). A grown up Sakura would be good to take the lead I think. Sean would be cool to see back for those that miss Ryu and Ken type characters. Maybe a grown up Makoto, Yun, Yang, Karen and Ibuki too. But the rest of the crew should have been new and varied.

IGN: Street Fighter IV (Street Fighter 4)

yeah I feel you dude.

cool thing is that Gouken(or his master you know the oldman that teached ryu/ken etc? maybe Gen to) is going to be in it. Feilong, Dan, Akuma the rest are all in it plus the new characters like Abel etc. there are already 20 `characters announced so I'm guessing there will be atleast 24(with luck 30 if they add oldies like Deejay/THawk/Cammy etc) characters because the developers said that they will add atleast 1 3rd strike character(so maybe Makoto is in this). the new boss seems to be a direct copy(move wise) of Urien/Gill....

shit is going to be multiplayer heaven.....

Engineeringserver 08-18-2008 06:03 PM

SSFII, oh man. Lost a lot of quarters on those arcade machines in the old days :D

Acidreptile 08-18-2008 06:10 PM

Street Fighter is a classic.But I am not sure if it is a good idea to make a new version.The Street Fighter 3 was a tragedy with all those unknown and weak characters.But I hope my fellow brazillian Blanka appear that time.

flashbarker 08-18-2008 06:22 PM

Street Fighter Alpha II was my fave version. Looking forward to SF4 on the PS3, has anyone played the arcade version, what's it like?

Saffy85 08-18-2008 11:08 PM

Ahh man I used to love Street Fighter on the SNES. I had Street Fighter Turbo II and another game (I forget now) and used to play them a lot with my older and younger bro's, heck even my sisters got there ass handed to them when they bugged us to let them play it lol.

Brings back fond memories, I had every character and all thier moves learned off by heart and could pound guys with anyone almost always. Too bad that was years ago and I probly forgotten how to play by now.

Sweet games though and I am sure the new youth generation will appreciate them as much as we did when we were their age.

Kaede 08-21-2008 02:51 PM

To the dude who posted this ^

I think I've seen your set up on shmups.com or Killercabs before? Very cool set up. Radiant Silvergun is an incredible game (but Ikaruga is better!).

As for Street Fighter 2, it's an all time classic. I was massivley into it on the SNES, but then moved on to Darkstalkers on the Saturn. I didn't really play it again until Street Fighter Zero 3 on the Playstation and then SFIII:3rd Strike on the PS2.

My favourite fighting games are:

Street Fighter 2 Turbo (SNES)
Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper (Naomi arcade/hidden version on SFZ Antholgy on PS2!)
Night Warriors - Darkstalkers Revenge (Saturn)
Garou - Mark of the Wolves (Neo Geo)
The Last Blade 1 & 2 (Neo Geo)

The Mortal Kombat series was just garbage. People only played it for the comedy shock value of the violence.

EDIT: By the way, Street FIghter 2 is still really popular in Japan. Check out this photo I took in HEY arcade, Akihabara in September of last year! :)

allie2590 08-21-2008 06:32 PM

I love Street Fighter! Screw Ryu, I play as Vega.

ujifujimoto 08-22-2008 01:55 PM

I used to be a street fighter fanatic , esp street fighter 2x super and street fighter alpha 3
:vsign:

Ronin4hire 08-23-2008 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alkindus (Post 564737)
yeah I feel you dude.

cool thing is that Gouken(or his master you know the oldman that teached ryu/ken etc? maybe Gen to) is going to be in it. Feilong, Dan, Akuma the rest are all in it plus the new characters like Abel etc. there are already 20 `characters announced so I'm guessing there will be atleast 24(with luck 30 if they add oldies like Deejay/THawk/Cammy etc) characters because the developers said that they will add atleast 1 3rd strike character(so maybe Makoto is in this). the new boss seems to be a direct copy(move wise) of Urien/Gill....

shit is going to be multiplayer heaven.....

Oh I see...

I was under the impression that only 16 characters were going to be in it. The 8 original characters plus 4 bosses and then another 4 new characters. Crimson Viper, Paul, some really fat guy and someone else...

Well that sounds a lot better if you're right. Good that they're going to bring back at least one fighter from 3. I'm hoping Yun or Yang.

Ronin4hire 08-23-2008 04:17 AM

http://www.streetfighter.com/flash/#/sf4

Just checked the official Street Fighter 4 site. I was right there are only 16 characters on that site.

The original 12 from Hyper fighting and 4 new characters

Abel- MMA fighter
El fuerte- Mexican wrestler
Crimson Viper- Cybernetic secret agent
Rufus- Overweight, American kung fu master (who hates Ken)

Anyway as I said before... dissapointing

KitKat 08-23-2008 04:55 AM

Sagat ftw. :)

romisan 09-01-2008 10:24 PM

I'm a total die-hard old skool fighting game fan. First time I played SFII I used E.Honda then eventually Chun-Li became my favorite character. I'm looking foward to SF4. Does anyone here remeber this other capcom classic? DARKSTALKERS? One of my all time favorites too..the chararcters are amazing!!!

Kaede 09-02-2008 03:13 PM

Night Warriors : Darkstalkers Revenge with the introduction of Lei-Lei was my favourite fighting game on the Saturn.

So many great character designs in that game.

Sutiiven 09-02-2008 05:21 PM

Street Fighter well always be one of my fav games and all versions of if are great :vsign:

romisan 09-05-2008 06:43 PM

hehehe yeah!! I totally had that game on Sega Saturn!! I was hooked on it for a while.