LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Nachtschatten (Offline)
New to JF

05-08-2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maku View Post
You can't lead a country without influencing them first.
What's the point?

Unhappy is he to whom the memories of childhood bring only fear and sadness. Wretched is he who looks back upon lone hours in vast and dismal chambers with brown hangings and maddening rows of antique books, or upon awed watches in twilight groves of grotesque, gigantic, and vine-encumbered trees that silently wave twisted branches far aloft. Such a lot the gods gave to me - to me, the dazed, the disappointed, the barren, the broken.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Nachtschatten (Offline)
New to JF

05-08-2007, 11:29 PM

Quote:
I don't it is that wrong because he was the figurehead and the authoritarian power.
He was also the social model for the people at that time.
But that doesn't make him a good LEADER. Don't talk around it. Name examples for good leadership (no attributes, but improvements). In which points did he bring Germany forward?

Unhappy is he to whom the memories of childhood bring only fear and sadness. Wretched is he who looks back upon lone hours in vast and dismal chambers with brown hangings and maddening rows of antique books, or upon awed watches in twilight groves of grotesque, gigantic, and vine-encumbered trees that silently wave twisted branches far aloft. Such a lot the gods gave to me - to me, the dazed, the disappointed, the barren, the broken.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Maku (Offline)
Not a happy bunny.

Send a message via MSN to Maku
05-08-2007, 11:41 PM

He did what he saw as bringing Germany forward. I said he was a good leader with bad ideas, meaning he could've done great things but alas chose to do otherwise.
I'm not talking around anything, I've already described leadership twice, you're just choosing not to consider the facts.

"Mossad knows what my Aunt Judy eats for breakfast."
Jack West Jr.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Nachtschatten (Offline)
New to JF

05-09-2007, 12:02 AM

Quote:
He did what he saw as bringing Germany forward. I said he was a good leader with bad ideas, meaning he could've done great things but alas chose to do otherwise.
I'm not talking around anything, I've already described leadership twice, you're just choosing not to consider the facts.
But you don't give any facts...
Leadership goes along with lots of responsibilities and duties and if you don't work on them, you're simply not a good leader. Right from the beginning, Hitler had only in mind to revenge the treaties of Versailles. While he was imprisoned after his first coup he wrote a book which summarized his goals that he followed all the years afterwards. And he just chased after that (nullification of the contract of Versailles, enlargement of Germany to the east,...). He did not think about improving living standards of the people. His foreign policy formed his domestic policy. It was only the effect of his foreign policy or was only governed in such a way to support his foreign policy.
Does this make Hitler a good leader?

(#25 (permalink))
Old
Maku (Offline)
Not a happy bunny.

05-09-2007, 12:10 AM

Yes it does, because he influenced people into thinking in his frame of mind.

Jack West Jr.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Fratello (Offline)
Emily's brother

Send a message via MSN to Fratello
05-09-2007, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtschatten View Post
But these things don't make one a good leader. He totally ruined Germany (even before the war).
you know nothing

Hitler oversaw one of the greatest expansions of industrial production and civil improvement Germany had ever seen, Hitler also oversaw one of the largest infrastructure-improvement campaigns in German history, with the construction of dozens of dams, autobahns, railroads, and other civil works. Hitler's policies emphasized the importance of family life.

and of course his military power and strategies are well known to be very effective, until the later stages

Rest in peace Emily
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Nachtschatten (Offline)
New to JF

05-09-2007, 12:30 AM

Newspapers in 1932: 4703 (94 of the NSDAP)
Newspapers in 1944: 977 (352 of the NSDAP)

Investments into armament in 1932: 0.6 Billion Reichsmark (1.3% of income)
Investments into armament in 1938: 17.2 Billion Reichsmark (21.0 % of income)

His leadership meant blinding the people and spending increasing amounts of money for military upgrade.

@ Fratello: If I spend all my money for the next few days on things like holiday, clothes, massages, long nights in the bar, etc., it would be a lot of improvement of my living condition. But what comes after that? Look at Louis XIV. Improvements need money, and where does that come from?

(#28 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-09-2007, 07:31 PM

Hitler's economic policies were good. He did successfully reduce unemployment, and revive Germany's military and industrial might, albeit that he cheated by putting Jews into concentration camps (so their jobs were lost, creating jobs for the regular Germans) and conscription into the Wehrmacht (armed forces).

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-10-2007, 12:25 AM

Wow you people are very well informed.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Maku (Offline)
Not a happy bunny.

05-10-2007, 12:42 AM

Either we get bored and decide to read up on pointless information (like me), or do/did History in school.

Jack West Jr.