JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
slunk (Offline)
New to JF

BB Guns (Tokyo Mauri) - 07-08-2007, 09:10 PM

Hi
First of all I'd just like to say hi to everyone as this is my first post. I visited Japan a couple of years ago and spent a few weeks traveling around Osaka, Nara, Tokyo and Kobe. What a beautiful country with such lovely people
Anyway, my brother Francis is in Tokyo this week and I've asked him to get me a Tokyo Mauri M14 BB gun as all my friends have BB guns back here in the UK and they keep shooting me I need revenge!
Does anyone know of a good shop for BB guns in Tokyo?
Cheers,
Sam
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MattK (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to MattK Send a message via MSN to MattK Send a message via Yahoo to MattK Send a message via Skype™ to MattK
07-08-2007, 09:19 PM

You can get them from any hobby store & in many department store toy sections. It might be a bit difficult to find an M14 though...an MP5 or M16 variant is easy to come by. What about getting it back with you? Not sure how customs will take that...

Lived in Fussa 1982-1985, Okinawa 2000-2006. I wish I was back in Japan...I miss it so much! myspace.com/harlockssx Yahoo Messenger: harlock_ssx
(#3 (permalink))
Old
slunk (Offline)
New to JF

07-08-2007, 10:16 PM

OK thanks MattK, I'll let my brother know.

I'm afraid it's got to be a Tokyo Mauri M14 as they're supposed to be one of the finest BB guns out. Plus I much prefer the feel of a rifle compared to modern guns. Maybe he could ask in a department store then? Fortunately hes traveling with a Japanese speaking friend.

He should be able to post it back to me right? Technically its a gift so I shouldn't have to pay any import duty.

Can't wait to take revenge on my evil firends

Last edited by slunk : 07-08-2007 at 10:43 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Tordek42 (Offline)
Absolute Corruption

Send a message via MSN to Tordek42 Send a message via Skype™ to Tordek42
07-08-2007, 10:24 PM

LOL good luck with the revenge! Don't try getting it through customs, when I brought one home from Spain, I got surrounded by what seemed like the entire Spainish Army! I got it home but just warning you.

Owner of:
(G) Chisato (PENICILLIN)
(D) HAYATO (Moi dix Mois)

(G) Ryu☆ (PureQ&A)
(B) Yu~ki (Malice Mizer)
(G) EITA (Jikuu Kaizoku SEVEN SEAS)
(V) Marshall K (
Jikuu Kaizoku SEVEN SEAS)

RIP hide, forever in our hearts...

(#5 (permalink))
Old
slunk (Offline)
New to JF

07-08-2007, 11:23 PM

lol
We went on a road trip to Paris a few months ago and took a few BB guns for campsite entertainment (war). All went well until I took a wrong turn on the return cross channel trip and ended up at the HGV border control station. The border police were obviously unimpressed with my navigational skills and decided to search the car. I desperately tried to tell them that we had toy guns in the back but my French is even worse than my driving. When they spotted a G3, Shotgun, MP5 and two pistols lying under a blanket on the back seat their eyes almost jumped out of their sockets. Seconds later we had our hands on the wall, feet kicked apart and were being very thoroughly frisked with guns, real ones, pointed at our heads.

After much debate they let us keep our BB guns and we didn't even miss our ferry home.

So yeh, the lesson is, regardless of what the law states, NEVER take toy guns across borders.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
slunk (Offline)
New to JF

07-10-2007, 10:51 PM

Thanks again MattK, my bro found some M14's in a department store today and has bought one to send back to me. It's about half price compared to back here in the UK so all good

I probably won't get it for quite a while as it's traveling by sea but I'll post you all some pictures when I get it and tell you about judgment day for my friends. Mwahh haa haaa, revenge is mine!!!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

07-11-2007, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunk View Post
lol
We went on a road trip to Paris a few months ago and took a few BB guns for campsite entertainment (war). All went well until I took a wrong turn on the return cross channel trip and ended up at the HGV border control station. The border police were obviously unimpressed with my navigational skills and decided to search the car. I desperately tried to tell them that we had toy guns in the back but my French is even worse than my driving. When they spotted a G3, Shotgun, MP5 and two pistols lying under a blanket on the back seat their eyes almost jumped out of their sockets. Seconds later we had our hands on the wall, feet kicked apart and were being very thoroughly frisked with guns, real ones, pointed at our heads.

After much debate they let us keep our BB guns and we didn't even miss our ferry home.

So yeh, the lesson is, regardless of what the law states, NEVER take toy guns across borders.
HAHA HAHA HA, I wish I was there!!! Next time wear a turban, get a Iranian flag and carry a couple of Korans. Then get a friend to follow you with a video camera!!!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
slunk (Offline)
New to JF

07-12-2007, 11:52 PM

lol And get shot in the face? No thanks...
(#9 (permalink))
Old
slunk (Offline)
New to JF

07-13-2007, 12:44 PM

Doh! My bro has now been told that these are not for export from Japan as they are high power or something like that. Can anyone confirm this? I'd hate to have 200 pounds worth of guns to be confiscated by customs!!!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Yggdrazzil (Offline)
Gone since 02-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrazzil
07-13-2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunk View Post
Doh! My bro has now been told that these are not for export from Japan as they are high power or something like that. Can anyone confirm this? I'd hate to have 200 pounds worth of guns to be confiscated by customs!!!
FAQs seems like an interesting page. They ship from japan to the UK...

Bye