JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
cris (Offline)
New to JF

japanesse version games!!!! - 07-20-2007, 06:20 PM

Does anyone know why do japanesse version of a video game always have more extra bonuses than the games that have already been releasse in america!!(including Canada,Mexico etc..) most of the times that I'm stuck in some game I look it up in the internet...and when I find some thing to help me out it turns out saying: ONLY IN THE JAPANESSE VERSION OF THE GAME I tell ya!! aren't we all brothers and sisters in this world so make a fair game that has the same thing!!!!!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Shiningmonkey (Offline)
Inventor of the s'moredog

07-27-2007, 05:12 PM

because Japan rocks! Also, you should buy Japanese games, they rock!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
NewThursday (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to NewThursday
07-27-2007, 05:14 PM

Been playing Radiant Silvergun just recently... it was japan only, and slated to be the best shoot-em-up game ever
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-29-2007, 03:58 AM

There are two big reasons for this - improvement of the games (updates) and adjustments for markets.

I think that you`re talking about games that are not originally Japanese being released in Japan - correct me if I`m wrong. The other way around is a bit different.

First, improvement. Bugs will be patched, and the developers have a chance to add in some new features that maybe they didn`t have time to put in when the games were first released. Or perhaps they listened to the voices of fans where the game was originally released and decided to add the features everyone wanted. Sometimes, they just think of something interesting to add after the fact.

The Japanese market also has different expectations from games - Developers expect different features to have more weight with fans in different countries. A game will be tweaked a bit toward the market it is being sold in.

I would say most of it is really improvement though. Let`s say that some game maker decides to release a new version of the game that is already out in your country, with the newly added features. How many people would really buy a new copy? The version to come out the latest almost always has the most new features and fixed problems. When it`s a case of being released all over the world at the same date, they`re usually the same.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.