JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Video Games & Toys (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/)
-   -   DTXmania!! (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/7147-dtxmania.html)

CoolNard 08-20-2007 03:30 AM

DTXmania!!

Created by Konami, this has gotta be one of the best musically-inclined games of all times. Putting oneself in the shoes of the individual drummers of their respective song, the game focuses on the drumming aspects of music and intensely pushes one's hand-eye coordination skills to the limits. The controls are relatively simple to manipulate and master, but the challenge is getting them to work at the right time. Different songs (ranging from English - Japanese music, mostly of the pop and rock genre) may require a different level of tempo, skill, and/or drumming instruments. So, don't miss out on this incredibly realistic entertainment! Who knows? Maybe you'll be thanking this game if you become a professional drummer someday! ^_^
Also available, are the electronic drum kits made by Yamaha Corporation if you find yourself unable to get accustomed to mere 'keyboard-drumming'.

A video sample of the gameplay: "God Knows", from the anime "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya".

If that doesn't work, try this link
YouTube - god knows...

Tolbarizhei 08-20-2007 02:19 PM

woops. double post unintentional???

Tolbarizhei 08-20-2007 02:20 PM

sweetness.. that looks like a lot of fun.. it actually reminded me a lot of another game, which i thought was the same, but after watching it, i realized it wasnt.b ut still looked like fun nonethelesss

leave it to konami to make the best music games ever!!

also.. havent seen you in a while coolnard, glad to see ur back with a fierce thread at that ^_^

pop'n music

CoolNard 08-21-2007 10:41 AM

Well, I'm back for more, for those who're interested. Looks like I quite forgot to mention that you will be graded by the system after playing a song. Lowest being "E", followed by "D", "C", "B", "A" and "S". Of course, if your performance is 'creme de la creme', there's a special grade aka "SS". In a related matter, there are already a few versions of the game with the latest being V4.

Below is another spectacular video of someone, unlike the one I posted previously, actually playing the game himself (or herself), instead of setting the controls to automode: "Rolling Star" from the anime "Bleach".

Good to see you and glad to be back, Tolbarizhei. I just wanted to share some fun with the people I know, though it appears to me no one else is interested? Oh well, their loss. :D Cmon guys, you never know until you try. Downloads and links to them are provided for free on the internet if you search; they're easy to locate.

P.S. I have edited the first post so the you can just click the play button from here now. My bad, gomen ^_^;

Tolbarizhei 08-21-2007 09:03 PM

oooo.. i didnt have to watch more than 30 seconds.. now i wanna get it.. :-) it does look exciting!!! .... though im having a hard time finding the program itself... >.< though i started playing a flash version of ddr now.. thanks haha

CoolNard 08-22-2007 03:26 PM

:o You're welcome, it is a rather addictive game. :D Even if you get bored of it, there will always be more new updates in store! XD

To download the game, go to this website:
DTXMania [Download]
Download anyone of those (under the "DTXMania" column) your gut feeling guides you too =P It's in Japanese, but straightforward enough to navigate through.

As for the songs, you can download them too from here:
GDAmania - Downloads section is back online! - Site announcements - News
On one condition, you have to... REGISTER!!! Yes! Resgister! ;) Don't worry, no strings are attached, they should be completely for free (although I'm afraid some of the links there could have expired :()

Now, without further ado, I present one more new video! :p Oh, curious about my DTX grades you say? Lets see... Well, mine usually ranges from "B" to "S". Almost got "SS" a few times, but hey, even I've never seen anyone getting "Perfect" for all the beats :rolleyes:. But I like to think I have decent skills ^_^;. Now, where was I? Oh, right... Without further ado, behold: Dir en grey 予感

AND

Faint by Linkin Park

Tolbarizhei 08-22-2007 04:27 PM

well :punchbear: i got it to work.. but :eek: the first song i downloaded was across the nightmare.. i cant get past the first 10 seconds haha

Tolbarizhei 08-23-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolNard (Post 214443)
You're welcome, it is a rather addictive game. :D Even if you get bored of it, there will always be more new updates in store! XD

hahah bored.. its more like if i can complete more than 2 songs!!!

i got a D on the world, death note soundtrack theme song.. woot!!

Tolbarizhei 08-23-2007 06:11 PM

just so yall know.. cuz i noticed not a lot of people are posting in this thread.. aka me and coolie.. umm the game isnt that scary.. at first its a lil intimidating cuz its so confusing, but you can actually customize it so a few buttons are on auto for those who use keyboards (aka me) and it makes it pretty easy so you dont have to cry and have a failure every time you try playing.. come on guys, try it out! doesnt take a lot of memory and its really fun to get into.. plus you can add whatever songs you want to your playlist.. well whatever they have to offer that is