JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Near (Offline)
Domo, Unknown-san

Send a message via AIM to Near Send a message via Yahoo to Near
At last, anime at the state fair! - 08-28-2007, 08:42 PM

While visting the State fair with some friends, we were walking up and down booths, not expecting many new things, the last couple years have had and few booths with some Yu-gi-oh, DBZ, and a few FF items, but never much anime/manga. We stopped at a booth cause my friend wanted an asian umbrella, lol. (a guy with a bright green umbrella amist thousands of people does attract attention. XD) Anyway, we were about to move on when my bro suddenly says: "Look! Anime!" I think I can forgive him for anything now, lol. He knows I love it and so in we go. Lo and behold, anime galore! O_O I was so excited I was jupming around...then look what caught my eye? An L PLUSHIE!!!! OMG! I about freaked out and grabbed it, almost knocking down the whole shelf...(not really, but you get the point) Then all kinds of wall scrolls! It was so awesome, tons of Death note and FMA, tons of J-rock, a total dream come true. I took a few pics, could not get many cause I did not want to offend the awesome Japanese people running it, lol. But after buying all kinds of stuff, I practically begged on my hands and knees for them to come back next year. The man looked a bit embarrassed, but happy and he assured me he would try, lol.

But anyway, the whole point of this is that he told me this was his first year going to state fairs. So if someones state fair has not started, you may want to check out and see if those people are there. They made it sound like they traveled, but I'm not sure. But I took a few pics, posted below.
This is in the U.S.A. btw. ^_^
The prices were pretty reasonable, and I think I spent about $80 or so there...to bad I did not have more, I really wanted to get the State alchemist watch and ring. >_<
I totally flipped out, you people who can get this stuff super easy are lucky dogs, lol.

But anyway, I got:
L plushie, of course^^ Soooooo Cute^^
An wall scroll of L and Watari and two of L's agents.
An L necklace
A Kingdom hearts phone charm/zipper charm.
A belt with the Death note 'N' on it for Near.^^(They had every single letter of the alphabet in Death note script.)
An awesome wallet with Kakashi on it.
And some playing cards with Naruto pictures on them for my dad.

And now, the pictures.^^

You'll notice Roxas and Garra^^ One of the Death note boxes had Ryuk Earrings in it!

Yuna, Sephiroth, and a Moggle, I really wanted the Moogle, lol

Vincent, Leon, and Misa

KH action figures...I wnated those two, but they were a bit spendy, and some anime DVD's and Soundtracks.

All kinds of Plushies and charms/necklaces...notice the heartless plushie! And the Ryuk and L...and Light...>_< The Orochimaru was pretty cool too^^

Check out those wall scrolls! I wanted a Sephiroth and Could and KH one soooo bad! But L got top pick^^

The booth from the outside.

Loves ya Aoshi
Love ya Cooly
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Near (Offline)
Domo, Unknown-san

08-28-2007, 08:44 PM

I really wanted the FMA set! >_< Look at all the Kingdom Hearts necklaces! They had tons of Keyblades and crowns! Naruto headbands^^

Loves ya Aoshi
Love ya Cooly
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Baubles (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Baubles
08-29-2007, 08:53 PM

OH MY FREAKING GOD!!! I love Death Note and KH if they come to my area I am going to buy everything Death Note related. By the way did you now Viz is releasing a bilingual Death Note DVD with a special Ryuk statue with some sets. So gettin it for my B-Day I don't care what my parents say. Oh and I'm adding you to my buddy list. Send me a DS friend code if you have a DS.

All Hail The Crimson King
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Near (Offline)
Domo, Unknown-san

08-31-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
You know what, you suck! *jealous* I want that to be at our fair!
I don't suck, I got the stuff, so I rock. And I would have gotten you something cuz, but I kind of lost my mind for a minute and spent all my moolah. Shorry. ^_^;

Quote:
OH MY FREAKING GOD!!! I love Death Note and KH if they come to my area I am going to buy everything Death Note related. By the way did you now Viz is releasing a bilingual Death Note DVD with a special Ryuk statue with some sets. So gettin it for my B-Day I don't care what my parents say. Oh and I'm adding you to my buddy list. Send me a DS friend code if you have a DS.
That sounds awesome, I will have to check it out^^
Alrighty, will do.^^

Loves ya Aoshi
Love ya Cooly
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Laine (Offline)
とび魚

Send a message via MSN to Laine
08-31-2007, 03:32 PM

Looks like a standard chinatown import shop. Move to a city and you'll find plenty of those. But, I'm happy you're happy.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Sakura123 (Offline)
cupcake ~ ♥

09-02-2007, 10:08 PM

OMG!! I hope they have that this year at MY fair!! I have to wait until next month! OMG!! O_O!!
Better start saving my money, lol.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
GamerShojo (Offline)
PH34R T3H ZOMBEH!

Send a message via AIM to GamerShojo
09-02-2007, 11:18 PM

they have my keyblade necklace ^_^
(#8 (permalink))
Old
1PirateKing1 (Offline)
yarrrr shiver me timbers!

09-03-2007, 05:16 AM

i love it when u find random anime at places you wouldn't expect(is that redundant?) anyway Laine is right most major cities have this kinda thing and i know there are a lot of conventions near me so that hightens the glory but im glad u got a great haul!!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Shiningmonkey (Offline)
Inventor of the s'moredog

09-07-2007, 12:21 AM

I need to get a state alchemist pocket watch. That needs to come to our fair.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
SOAPfanboy666 (Offline)
Go play in traffic!

Send a message via AIM to SOAPfanboy666
09-07-2007, 01:13 AM

man i love buying imports and stuff i buy imported games and stuff all the friggin timeeeeee

chichi chichi oppai boing boing moge moge moge chichi chichi oppai boing boing moge moge moge~folgore

Last edited by SOAPfanboy666 : 09-07-2007 at 01:18 AM.