JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Picture2Perfect (Offline)
JF Regular

The best online first person shooter: - 08-29-2007, 02:29 PM

In my opinion the best online multiplayer first person, has to be counter strike source, it has everything you need, and you can never get bored for too long.
It is just great,
What are your opinions on the game, and what do you think is better than counter strike source?

Will.

"You don't take a photograph, you make it."
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
08-29-2007, 02:42 PM

CSS... hmm... not bad, i play it once in a while, though way too many cheaters on the open i-net servers these days...
I prefer Unreal Tournament 2004... which is my ultimately favorite game of them all! ^^ Much more action than in any of CS games, highly dinamic gameplay and you actually have to think (very fast) and act tactically... unlike the CS's point and shoot system X) Not even speaking about the various gameplay modes, huge maps, the vast of movement options, weapons, vehicles and non-stop action (you don't have to wait the end of the round for a freaking respawn)... anywho... UT04 ftw!

(#3 (permalink))
Old
JF Regular

09-01-2007, 10:12 PM

Meh cant really say i have played the 04 version of UT, but css seems to do it for me. However i do agree on public servers there are way to many hackers, and people accusing people of hacking basically noobs, but playing mixes, or pcw's matches or whatever, you soon get rid of the noobs. Its just a bit more effort to get a game. CSS does of HD anyways, and much more if your graphics can take it :P 101fps for the win! Only because i maxed it to there, for more stability, think i tested it on, video stress test got 194.3fps average so not too bad.
Considering around 70fps + the human eye cannot detect so does not really matter.

Will.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Michieru (Offline)
Illusion Master

Send a message via AIM to Michieru Send a message via MSN to Michieru
09-01-2007, 10:34 PM

haha

i like playing everything at 100fps

it sharpens my eyes(probably why i wear glasses.lol)

i agree with Excessum UT 2004 BABY!

but i can wait till 2007 comes out. that will rock the world a new age over

i have always love the UT series(i have played and completely mastered every UT game since the first!)

i still play UT the original every once in a while...

there is a new shooter that (i cant remember the name right now[i think total war....]) but it is supposed to be able to handle 50+ members( the maps make UT maps look like the small cubicles i play in. XD) i really want to see how well they do that one

and of course i really want to see H3 and how well they do that one(it better live up to its current rep[and surpass it])

as far as counterstrike it has always been a legendary fps and will always be treasured.

the other major FPS that rocked the gaming worlds i believe are Doom (1,2, and 3) Quake(all 4) and half life(although im embarrased to say it i have not played XD)

(#5 (permalink))
Old
JF Regular

09-02-2007, 06:38 PM

You havent played Half Life *virtual slap*
Buy it now, and play.

Will :P

(#6 (permalink))
Old
slagroomtaartje (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-02-2007, 07:41 PM

yay cs =) i think i agree that css is best online shooter. havent played for a while, but starting soon =). oh btw,whats ur steam id, so we can play together =)
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Michieru (Offline)
Illusion Master

Send a message via AIM to Michieru Send a message via MSN to Michieru
09-02-2007, 07:43 PM

i plan on playing it soon

but right now i must play GRAW2

(#8 (permalink))
Old
1PirateKing1 (Offline)
yarrrr shiver me timbers!

09-03-2007, 05:21 AM

u poor poor peoples lost in counter strike land.....*sheds a tear....lol
joking, i love half-life 2 and cant get enough of changing the physics but my personnal favorite fps(first person shooter) is the battlefield series mostly battlefield 2 and 2142 but all of them are fun because they are on such a large scale 64 player maps total craziness
(#9 (permalink))
Old
slagroomtaartje (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-03-2007, 07:47 AM

hehe,if u like huuuge maps and alot of players on it,i know a game for u.joint operations. 100 players xD
(#10 (permalink))
Old
JF Regular

09-07-2007, 06:37 AM

My steam id is willyboy508, i wont be on much but i ll play a few games with you. I am trying to steadily quit playing the game due to me wanting all my concentration focused on my last year of college.
I ll still play here and there though, and of course own you (funny though, considering i am shocking now i dont play so much)

Will.