JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

09-14-2007, 03:44 PM

I played all the Silent Hill games. The only one I was able to beat was the first one. Part 2 was soooo long but I was never able to finish it, I got to a prison and never got any further then that. I thought part 2 was the creepiest of them all. Part 3 was really good, I liked how it followed after the events of part 1. I got to the very end of part 3 but my friend beat the final boss and not me so I didn't see the end but I did play the whole game though...Part 4 the Room, I played most of, but since I don't own it I was never able to finish it.

The Silent Hill movie, was the first movie based on a video game that I have seen that stayed so close to the story of the game. It was so perfect in so many ways. Sure they added in little details about the church cult, but other then that they story was extremely close to the game. They even use the music from the game in the movie soundtrack! Now that's awesome!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

09-14-2007, 03:56 PM

I agree with you Tenchu-san, Resident Evil is awesome...

Silent Hill has the creepiness that Resident Evil lacks.

Resident Evil will always be one of the best game series ever!! I played and beat all the games multiple times Except for like Survivor and Outbreak those spin-offs that you mentioned. But let's not get off track here, this is a SH thread. lol
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Fenian (Offline)
New to JF

09-19-2007, 03:29 AM

well it is as well one of my favourites can't wait for SH5 for the ps3
(#14 (permalink))
Old
zach9044 (Offline)
New to JF

09-19-2007, 04:12 PM

ah yes silent hill one of my favorite game series.

and out of them I liked SH1, SH3, and SH4, but I will always love pyramid head though

I love games that scare the crap out of you SH4 succeeding in that of course.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
watergoo (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to watergoo
09-19-2007, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Hey hey hey, I like Silent Hill as much as the next red blooded earthling, but lets not go overboard...

I like really only Silent Hill 2. I found the story compelling and good. It was interesting the character they used for that. Such an average normal bloke from middle america, made such a great story. Loved it. The rest were a bit too abstract for me though. Maybe the first was alright, but PSONE sux a bit, I am sure you all understand...

Hm, but Resident Evil IS good. Dont say it isnt. The best were #1, and #4. #2, #3 and Nemesis were good, but Outbreak and other spinoffs had alright fun for a bit, but a very short life for the game. Om what am I saying but Final Fantasy rules all!

Oh, might I add, the movie is among the top 5 I have ever seen as well, along with I think maybe Fearless, Fist of Legend, and various other Jet Li movies...

It ISENT.....

I had a sandwich in my head!!!!!!
(#16 (permalink))
Old
blues (Offline)
New to JF

09-21-2007, 03:00 PM

i dunno, re is more like a shocker while silent hill felt like suspense

i only played the first one and then i was too creeped out to play any more hooror games xD