LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Cyclamen (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Cyclamen
Gta Iv - 05-03-2008, 07:01 PM

So, is anybody playing this GREAT game?
A lot of things can be said about GTA: it's stupid, it has no point, it's too violent, it's just made for selling... but nobody can deny the fact that is just true, pure fun.

More infos at:
YouTube - Grand Theft Auto IV Video Review
Grand Theft Auto IV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

05-03-2008, 07:08 PM

For the record, GTA IV is getting some of the best reviews of any game made for years and years. It has a 99 out of a 100 on Metacritic. And yes, it kicks ass.

郷に入っては郷に従え
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-03-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclamen View Post
So, is anybody playing this GREAT game?
A lot of things can be said about GTA: it's stupid, it has no point, it's too violent, it's just made for selling... but nobody can deny the fact that is just true, pure fun.

More infos at:
YouTube - Grand Theft Auto IV Video Review
Grand Theft Auto IV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Has anyone said GTA IV is stupid and has no point? It has the highest reviews of any game...EVER...as it is so intelligent and deep.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

05-03-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Has anyone said GTA IV is stupid and has no point? It has the highest reviews of any game...EVER...as it is so intelligent and deep.
lol... I'm one of them. lol... Unfortunately, I don't like the GTA series at all, so whenever I do play them, I feel that it's a stupid, neverending, pointless game, but then again, I think that about most games, unless they are multiplayer games that I play with my friends...
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-03-2008, 07:50 PM

Grand Theft Auto IV (ps3: 2008): Reviews

Playstation Official Magazine UK
GTA IV is richer, deeper and more involving than its predecessors. By the time the story threads start to tie up, the mission trees shake out, you're totally invested in the characters and their world. I'm actually jealous of everyone about to experience it for the first time. The greatest testament to GTA IV's brilliance is that I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since putting the pad down. [May 2008, p.88]
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-03-2008, 07:58 PM

My boyfriend has this! I don't really like it to be honest, it's a bit trashy and a blantantly MALE game, [ like 99.9% of the game industry, the rest is aimed at 5 year old females - for example, My Pet Pony and all that bollocks.]

Still, it's pretty fun I guess, though I'd never tire myself with playing through all the mission mode.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

05-03-2008, 08:02 PM

Sorry for the randomness, but MissMisa, what type of game would be aimed at girls? I'm actually curious as to what kinda games girls like?!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-03-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Sorry for the randomness, but MissMisa, what type of game would be aimed at girls? I'm actually curious as to what kinda games girls like?!
Me personally, I prefer fantasy style, or survival horrors. I'm not a fan of FPS - I know it's not extremely important, but most of the characters in those kind of games are all male, and the only female character is something gay like a voice lady, which is just stupid. The industry fails to aim games at teenage girls and there is a huge gap in the market for them! Girls don't want to beat up prostitutes and drive crap cars [this is all stereotypically speaking btw], I would imagine most girls prefer fantasy style games, or games where there is actually recognition that females exist. For example, Bullet Witch is an awesome game in my opinion, for the small time I played it. [It didn't get very good reviews, but meh.] It was a shooter game, but it had a cool female character and you could choose between guns and spells. Something with more variety would be nice to see.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Cyclamen (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Cyclamen
05-03-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
unless they are multiplayer games that I play with my friends...
Guess what, GTA4 has a kick-ass multyplayer mode!
This game is really awesome. One of the best games I've played so far, and I've been into gaming since good old 1989.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

05-03-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Me personally, I prefer fantasy style, or survival horrors. I'm not a fan of FPS - I know it's not extremely important, but most of the characters in those kind of games are all male, and the only female character is something gay like a voice lady, which is just stupid. The industry fails to aim games at teenage girls and there is a huge gap in the market for them! Girls don't want to beat up prostitutes and drive crap cars [this is all stereotypically speaking btw], I would imagine most girls prefer fantasy style games, or games where there is actually recognition that females exist. For example, Bullet Witch is an awesome game in my opinion, for the small time I played it. [It didn't get very good reviews, but meh.] It was a shooter game, but it had a cool female character and you could choose between guns and spells. Something with more variety would be nice to see.
I see, thanks. But you know, I have to point out that there are a lot of female protagonists in video games. eg, Metroid (all the series), BloodRayne, Zelda, Tomb Raider, Silent Hill 3, Resident Evil series, Perfect Dark etc.
Personally, I think that girls generally don't like video games full stop. My friends love the arcade games that I have on xbox live, but when it comes to other games, even if they enjoy it, they generally get bored quickly. which is a shame, because I'd love to play video games with a girlfriend instead of leaving her alone whilst I play with friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclamen View Post
Guess what, GTA4 has a kick-ass multyplayer mode!
This game is really awesome. One of the best games I've played so far, and I've been into gaming since good old 1989.
Yeah, so I've heard... My friends don't stop bugging me about it, so I might have to get it when exams are over...