JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
LadyMoonlight (Offline)
JF Regular

Smile Beautiful Katamari - 10-18-2007, 12:18 AM

I'm thrilled to death that this game has come out. It's certainly not the original, but it's pretty fabulous. We picked it up yesterday evening and I couldn't stop playing. The rolling is great. And it's in 720p which just kicks ass. And the online feature is pretty fun. It would've been nice to be able to have a "make a bigger katamari than your opponent" mode online, but that's alright. It's still cool.

Any other fans have this game yet?

LM
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Danierux (Offline)
KANSAI WANNABE

10-18-2007, 12:22 AM

Looks interesting, might get it for my PSP.. can you expalin what the hell its about though. Its hard to tell from the screenshots hahah

ダニエル X

(#3 (permalink))
Old
LadyMoonlight (Offline)
JF Regular

10-18-2007, 02:13 PM

Sure! To try to sum it up, the King of All Cosmos has a bad habit of causing major destruction to the universe. You play as the Dashing Prince and you roll stuff up (including people) from Earth to create replacement stars, planets and other space things to fix the universe. If you have a PS2, I recommend getting the first one "Katamari Damacy" before the others. It's super fun to just amass stuff in a ball. And you have to create a certain size in a certain amount of time. Really addicting too!

LM
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Cyclamen (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Cyclamen
10-18-2007, 07:05 PM

I love the Katamari series, truly funny, addicting and original games.
But already 5 games have been made (2 for ps2, one for psp and one for the 360) and little has changed since the first game...
(#5 (permalink))
Old
LadyMoonlight (Offline)
JF Regular

Smile 10-19-2007, 02:59 AM

Ya know, you're sort of right. Not a whole lot HAS changed.

But then, not too much does change in series. For instance, they keep improving gameplay in the MarioKart series and adding new tracks, but it's still the same game. Even in the fabulous Halo series, not too much actually changes. It continues the story, the graphics and music continue to improve, but the gameplay is ultimately the same. That's part of what makes it great.

But really, being the huge fan of Katamari games that I am, I really don't feel ripped off at all. The first one was great. The second was a sequel just for the fans. The PSP one was, well, okay. I've hardly played that one. And the 360 one has the online mode as well as HD brand new levels and larger sizes to make. A bit of a new story as well. New goals. New presents. And achievement points. I really can't complain.

LM