JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
wnxknightblader (Offline)
New to JF

chrono cross - 10-13-2008, 09:41 AM

old game but has to have some of the best bgms ever xD and the plot had nice twist and turns sad ending too! though the end did make u want to see a sequel neways

discuss~

i wanna be the greatest master~
pokemon!

my jrock hair tutorial~
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Perumanta (Offline)
New to JF

10-14-2008, 03:56 AM

I love Chrono Cross as well but I wouldn't rate it higher than Chrono Trigger, the first in the series. CC definitely left me wanting more, and it's sad that we still haven't heard about a possible third addition to the series. It has great replay value, and the BGM is pretty diverse, but somehow the great number of characters left me feeling a little disconnected to them (something I definitely didn't experience with CT, whose characters are immemorable).
(#3 (permalink))
Old
myk (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-17-2011, 01:55 AM

i had more fun playing CC than any other game. there are so many playable characters and the story is very deep. that's exactly what i look for in rpg's.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
harunashiro (Offline)
New to JF

06-28-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perumanta View Post
I love Chrono Cross as well but I wouldn't rate it higher than Chrono Trigger, the first in the series. CC definitely left me wanting more, and it's sad that we still haven't heard about a possible third addition to the series. It has great replay value, and the BGM is pretty diverse, but somehow the great number of characters left me feeling a little disconnected to them (something I definitely didn't experience with CT, whose characters are immemorable).

Chrono Cross is a very underrated game---being compared to Chrono Trigger.
What irritates me is that some Chrono Trigger fans bash on Chrono Cross without giving it a chance (playing it). I agree that the game was a little short, but the story, I thought, was really well. I agree with feeling a little disconnected with some of the characters but I don't think it was meant for the player to feel connected to all 46(?) of them!

I heard there was a 3rd Chrono game in devlopment (Chrono Break, I believe) but I don't think Square will be touching it anytime soon. But again, I've only heard about it once. They might've discarded the idea of making a 3rd game all together.