JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Language Exchange Ads (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/language-exchange-ads/)
-   -   To native English speaker studying japanese (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/language-exchange-ads/12329-native-english-speaker-studying-japanese.html)

junkomi 02-07-2008 02:55 AM

To native English speaker studying japanese

Im studying English conversation in online English lesson ,seaching for friends speaking English.
Lets have a voice chat and fun!I have mns,skype,a webcam and a mic.
I have much free time in afternoon on japan time because Im a homemaker.I can comunicate at night on US or canada time.

Teach me English,make a correction if any mistake in English spoken by me.
I will teach you japanese and japanese culture.

Im not "otaku",but I like manga,watching TV drama.

Is there someone who wanna talk with me?

petrifiedexuberance 02-07-2008 03:21 AM

I don't have any sort of video chat set up currently, but if you need help with written english grammer and such, feel free to email me.

junkomi 02-07-2008 05:43 AM

Thanks for your faver!!:)
Firstly,did you find any mistake in my first message?Now I realized the mistake in spelling of "communicate" after reading it.
Tell me that if its no trouble.

and I will be sorry if I cant help you and you always help me.ask me something you want to know;)

petrifiedexuberance 02-07-2008 06:57 AM

No problem. :) I'll just put my corrections in red.

I'm (generally you would use "I am" in proper English, but for forums etc... "I'm" is ok) studying English conversation in online English lessons ,searching for friends speaking English.
Lets have a voice chat and fun! I have msn, a webcam and a mic.
I have much free time in afternoon on Japan time because I'm a homemaker. I can communicate at night on US or Canada time.

Teach me English, make a correction if any mistake in English is spoken by me.

I'm not "otaku", but I like manga, watching TV drama.

Is there someone who wants to talk with me?

Your English is quite good. :) Since you were the one who caught the "communication" error, I just left it. A couple of things to remember: always space after a comma, and when using words such as I'm, haven't, won't etc..... place an apostrophe before the final "t" (an easy way to remember this is to think: "I am" = "I'm", "have not" = "haven't". Basically you are turning two words into one. You also use apostrophes when speaking of possesion. Example: That is Charlie's car.). If the apostrophe rules seems a little crazy don't worry about it, it took me forever to learn how to use apostrophes properly, in fact, I don't know of anyone that doesn't forget the rules to this occasionally.

I hope that helps. :) There is a link in my profile that will allow you to email me so that we can discuss this sort of thing in more depth if you wish. If I'm not being too nosey, what company/site are you taking your English lessons through?

chachava 02-07-2008 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petrifiedexuberance (Post 391280)
No problem. :) I'll just put my corrections in red.

I'm (generally you would use "I am" in proper English, but for forums etc... "I'm" is ok)

Really? I don't think I have EVER heard a native say the full "I am" - it's always contracted when spoken from my experiences...

littledingo 02-07-2008 12:23 PM

It isn't that common but I for one tend to say 'I am' opposed to 'I'm'.

I wish you the best of luck with your efforts Junkomi. (I would offer to talk to you but I broke my webcam and mic a little while back.)

VisualKei 02-07-2008 12:53 PM

I'd love to talk to you :) I have a webcam, and a mic (somewhere, but I think I can find it...). I'm really into manga, movies, and music.
The only problem that we might have is that I have a slight accent, but I usually have no trouble communicating.

filiadragongurl 02-08-2008 12:05 AM

Hi there! I've been studying Japanese for four years, let's talk sometime^_^ I have MSN and a mic. PM me your MSN screen name if you're interested!

By the way, your sentence "I have much free time in afternoon on japan time because Im a homemaker." would probably sound a bit smoother if you said "I have *a lot of* free time in *the* afternoon on Japan time because I'm a homemaker."

Good luck studying and I hope to talk to you soon^_^

kuronekoaus 02-08-2008 05:42 AM

Junkomi, I would love to chat with you! I have a microphone and MSN, send me a message if you're interested.

Jimmysan 02-08-2008 05:59 AM

UOTE=junkomi;391203]Im studying English conversation in online English lesson ,seaching for friends speaking English.
Lets have a voice chat and fun!I have mns,a webcam and a mic.
I have much free time in afternoon on japan time because Im a homemaker.I can comunicate at night on US or canada time.

Teach me English,make a correction if any mistake in English spoken by me.

Im not "otaku",but I like manga,watching TV drama.

Is there someone who wanna talk with me?[/quote]