JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Echo (Offline)
New to JF

Yet another english speaker looking to learn Japanese - 08-19-2008, 11:52 PM

I know there must be a million just like me and every thread by a japanese person is quickly flooded...

However, if anyone who speaks japanese is left... hi there!

So, please reply here or pm if you are at all interested. Thank you.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
elite (Offline)
New to JF

08-20-2008, 02:12 AM

Hello there.
I don't speak Japanese but I am trying to learn. It's one of those things that takes lots of practice. If you are just starting out like me I assume you know a few common words or phrases. Now start learning kana. There are a few ways to do it. Looking at the charts, using flash cards, or picking up a book. Try that and see what works for you.
Start with hiragana, then when you have that learned move to katakana. You need to look at and write them everyday otherwise you will forget them (something I really need to work on )
Hopefully others can add input on ways to learn. I am only a beginner and probably have missed key points.
Good luck on your studies.

Elite
(#3 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
08-30-2008, 04:24 PM

I'm native Japanese speaker remembering the former Japanaese-Online Forum several years ago where several Japanese Volunteers kept making replies to the Japanese learner.

Because of some reason I left the forum and came back here. The forum seems to be changed totally and I also learned many things more.

One thing I recognized is that Japanese language brings "KI" or mind of respect. I mean Japanese Language is not only used to just tell a information but also used to keep or change the mutual human relationship.

It is the reason why Japanese to English translation is much harder than English to Japanese translation. And also it is the reason why Japanese language has high redundancy.

To make learning Japanese language easier, I think you should study about "KI" first.

Thank you.

Regards,
RK