JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
SimpleasThyme (Offline)
New to JF

PenPal : Mail or Chat - 12-12-2008, 02:58 AM

Hello there! My name is Drew, but my dad wanted me to be named Yousef, and Yousef sounds much more adult so I use it as my alias at times. Although I do want to mooch off people for their help and would love to go "I Need Japanese! NOW!" that'd come off as a bit rude I take it. Anyways, my parents are going to let me come to Japan some time soon, maybe in 6-months or a year, and I'm basically steadily learning by myself and have no problems going at that pace.

It would be nice to have a pen-pal who lives in Japan or has been there so we can....do pen-pal stuff? Actually shouldn't it really be called E-Pal? Or I-Pal? I mean...who the hell is shoving their pen into their computers to send an email? It'd just be nice to learn about Japan in a more casual and laid back type of way. If we could talk about the language it wouldn't hurt, but I've always loved my slow turtle like pace.

I won't make any requirements, but I have to say I really don't want that weird type of E-relationship. I went through that, and she cheated on me like 4 times or something? XD! If you can't tell I'm still sorta childish even though I am legally an adult now, woot for 18?

Sorry, as you can tell I love bad humor. My favorite movie will probably going to be the new one coming out : Frost/Nixon "I'm saying that when the President does it, it's not illegal!" I'm a huge chatter when it comes to movies, books, and TV shows like Heroes. I like anime and manga(specifically anime because I can sometimes pick up on some of the words), but try to limit that. My favorite type of music is country and my favorite singer is probably Reba McEntire.

You can PM me, drop a line here or email me at: simpleasthyme@gmail.com

If you want to go old-fashion mail, I'd have to say it'd remind me of my 1st grader days with my Chinese pen-pal. (Truth be told he was Chinese, but really just lived in Wisconsin XD!!!) Anyways, I'm fine with mail.

Last edited by SimpleasThyme : 12-12-2008 at 03:02 AM.