JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Language Exchange Ads (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/language-exchange-ads/)
-   -   English ~ Japanese Exchange Partner (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/language-exchange-ads/29909-english-%7E-japanese-exchange-partner.html)

ziggy073 01-18-2010 10:51 AM

English ~ Japanese Exchange Partner

Hello!

My name is Kevin and I've been learning little bits of Japanese here and there over a long time period, but am looking to really actually learn more from someone that is native to the language.

I currently just watch some video's on youtube for basic stuff and translate words and phrases that I see in my craft books that I have bought, which is quite helpful for vocabulary. I also have a decent Kana app for my phone, but if I have questions, who will answer them?

Anyhoo, I wouldn't mind sharing my knowledge of the english language or culture if anyone is interested in helping.

If you like crafting (かぎ針/編み)that's more for the better, but of course I welcome all help!

ありがとう!:)

hatsuto11 01-18-2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggy073 (Post 795563)
Hello!

My name is Kevin and I've been learning little bits of Japanese here and there over a long time period, but am looking to really actually learn more from someone that is native to the language.

I currently just watch some video's on youtube for basic stuff and translate words and phrases that I see in my craft books that I have bought, which is quite helpful for vocabulary. I also have a decent Kana app for my phone, but if I have questions, who will answer them?

Anyhoo, I wouldn't mind sharing my knowledge of the english language or culture if anyone is interested in helping.

If you like crafting (かぎ針/編み)that's more for the better, but of course I welcome all help!

ありがとう!:)

I can introduce you to someone who's looking for a language exchange partner:D Do you use skype/MSN?

ziggy073 01-20-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatsuto11 (Post 795633)
I can introduce you to someone who's looking for a language exchange partner:D Do you use skype/MSN?

Thank you for the quick response! I don't actually use Skype or MSN at the moment.... Planning on using Skype, but I need to get a headset and set up an account. I will have to post my ID when I get it! (Do most people use Skype for the chat feature, or the phone / video features?)

In the meanwhile, wouldn't mind e-mailing with anyone! :o

Thanks in advance!

hatsuto11 01-20-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggy073 (Post 796136)
Thank you for the quick response! I don't actually use Skype or MSN at the moment.... Planning on using Skype, but I need to get a headset and set up an account. I will have to post my ID when I get it! (Do most people use Skype for the chat feature, or the phone / video features?)

In the meanwhile, wouldn't mind e-mailing with anyone! :o

Thanks in advance!

Actually, I think that the voice quality is better in skype:S therefore, most people use it as a phone rather than doing a text chat:D
Please PM me the moment you sign up to a skype account:P